2016 DEM national convention dates announced. Location TBA.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
As a pendant to this posting on the GOP convention thread:

The GOP has selected CLEVELAND for the 2016 RNC US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

the DNC has picked the week directly following the GOP National Convention to have the Democratic National Convention:

From July 25-28 (or 29), 2016.

The location has not yet been selected, but the following cities are still in the running:

2016 Democratic National Convention - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Columbus, Ohio
New York City, New York
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I am thinking that NYC will not be picked. I bet it will either be Cols or Philly. Both cities offer advantages to the DEMS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we just witnessed, with the GOP having already picked their site (a good choice on their part, I think) and the dates, is that the DNC has just blunted the possible convention bounce that the Republicans could have gotten.

The better position to be in for National Conventions, at least according to conventional wisdom, is the latter position.

So, the last two weeks of August, 2016 will be the convention weeks, which means, for all intents and purposes that the Fall General Election campaign will already start in the vacation month of August. I am sure that pundits are going to start commenting on this. After Michael Dukakis' catastrophic mistake of taking vacation in August of 1988, guaranteed, no Democratic candidate will ever do that again.

I assume that this also means that prospective presidential candidates will be declaring their candidacies earlier than later.

As soon as the location is announced, I will report it here.

Just between you and me, I find the national conventions utter nonsense. It consists of large groups of people that meet, preach to the choir and tell each other that they look mahvelous.

As long as they realize that the rest of the US mocks them accordingly.

Forum List

Back