2016 Arctic sea ice thread

Are you still suggesting that CO2 absorbs energy but does not emit it?

Can I point out that if that were the case, all the CO2 in the universe would be the temperature of its nearest star. The Earth would be SIGNIFICANTLY hotter than it is now.

And in the meantime, Arctic Sea Ice is still running at record lows for this time of year. Antarctic Sea Ice is just below normal. The increasing heat in the atmosphere and oceans continues to take it's toll on the ice.

And in the meantime, Arctic Sea Ice is still running at record lows for this time of year. Antarctic Sea Ice is just below normal. The increasing heat in the atmosphere and oceans continues to take it's toll on the ice.
And so what?

Are you still suggesting that CO2 absorbs energy but does not emit it?

Can I point out that if that were the case, all the CO2 in the universe would be the temperature of its nearest star. The Earth would be SIGNIFICANTLY hotter than it is now.
So dude, if you're now saying that CO2 doesn't make objects more warm, why are you concerned about adding more of it to the atmosphere?

CO2 makes the Earth warmer; it increases the Earth's radiative equilibrium temperature by slowing the rate at which IR radiation can escape to space. You've now been shown two different experiments that DIRECTLY measured radiation from CO2 in the atmosphere striking the surface of the Earth. Do you have any comment to make ABOUT THOSE EXPERIMENTS? Do you have any experiments that would refute them?

Last edited:
CO2 doesn't do jack for Earth temperature.

What controls Earth temperature is the position of the tectonic plates.

Earth has two polar oceans, then Earth has no ice, and it doesn't matter what trace atmospheric gasses are what percent of the atmosphere.

JC, name the one source of CO2 on the scale of human emissions (ie ~25-30 GT per annum) in the Earth's history that was not temperature dependent.

There's only one answer. See if you can think of it.

The past 100 years, as satellite and balloon raw data show precisely NO WARMING in the atmosphere despite rising CO2.

The ice cores showed the same thing - no correlation. We went to court on that issue. Your side lost and was TOO CHICKEN to appeal...

CO2 has NOTHING to do with Earth temperature.

JC, a hint: it only rarely achieves the mass flux levels of contemporary human emissions

CO2 makes the Earth warmer; it increases the Earth's radiative equilibrium temperature by slowing the rate at which IR radiation can escape to space. You've now been shown two different experiments that DIRECTLY measured radiation from CO2 in the atmosphere striking the surface of the Earth. Do you have any comment to make ABOUT THOSE EXPERIMENTS? Do you have any experiments that would refute them?
Refute what? I call bull crap go to the 2015 thread i put up and read. So again you're saying putting CO2 next to a warm object the warm object gets warmer. Dude for that that's never been proven. You want my money post the evidence. It's extremely simple.

Last edited:
RollingPARROT,

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

Your failure to answer that question proves you have no ability to "think" beyond the PARROT species...

Refute what? I call bull crap go to the 2015 thread i put up and read. So again you're saying putting CO2 next to a warm object the warm object gets warmer. Dude for that that's never been proven. You want my money post the evidence. It's extremely simple.

One more time jc: do you have any comment regarding the direct measurement of IR radiation with CO2's precise spectral signature being emitted from the NIGHT sky towards the Earth? Do you have some other explanation?

Last edited:

One more time jc: do you have any comment regarding the direct measurement of IR radiation with CO2's precise spectral signature being emitted from the NIGHT sky towards the Earth? Do you have some other explanation?
Doesn't happen and no evidence pup.

And again, CO2 never proven to make an object warmer. NEVER, and I know that frustrates you.

Oh convection is what warms night air then what happens in a desert at night?

Last edited:

And again, CO2 never proven to make an object warmer. NEVER, and I know that frustrates you.

It does happen (absorb and reemit IR in all directions) and the evidence has been posted right here repeatedly.

You used to be big on Angstrom's experiment with CO2. In that experiment, the CO2 absorbed IR and got warmer. Was Angstrom just making it up?

What do you believe has warmed the planet for the last 150 years?

Last edited:

It does happen (absorb and reemit IR in all directions) and the evidence has been posted right here repeatedly.

You used to be big on Angstrom's experiment with CO2. In that experiment, the CO2 absorbed IR and got warmer. Was Angstrom just making it up?

What do you believe has warmed the planet for the last 150 years?
Son, yes or no, can you show CO2 make an object warmer? You said no last night. BTW, I've read many documents and experiments, he showed it warmed big deal

I did not say no last night. I can show, and you have repeatedly been shown, that it has made the Earth warmer.

I do not understand what you're attempting to say here:

" I've read many documents and experiments, he showed it warmed big deal"

I presume "he" is Angstrom. Other than that I haven't a clue what you're talking about here. Care to explain?

Forum List

Back