2015 DODGE HELLCAT ANNIHILATES 2015 c7 z06 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

OMG y'all just dig deeper and deeper and deeper. You're making my point for me.
Thanks for that. Whatever I'm paying you, double it.

No, they are demonstrating that you really don't know what you're talking about. For the longest time the US has lagged behind the Europeans in the manufacture of high quality sedans. The Cadillac is actually getting close to the BMW's and Audis in terms of fit and finish, while working on the performance side of the equation. The Corvette is performance wise the superior of most of the high end sports cars out there. It is the equal of some of the super cars out there as well, for half the price or even less. The problem with the 'vette has always been in the quality of it's construction.

I love a good car in a tight corner. The 'vette and Caddy are more than capable of keeping up with anything the Europeans are producing with the exception of the absolute best of the super cars, and even there, the 'vette is getting closer.

I don't know what my own opinion is?? That's quite the feat.

Here's a hint -- my reference to "waterbed" was a metaphor. It has nothing to do with actual beds. Your driving philosophy is like mine. I lament the fact that my MINI is so heavy but I do like how I have to keep getting out of the car to see if it's riding on rails, because that's how she handles. I'll defy anyone here to keep up with me down highway 80. I'll be waiting at the far end if you haven't wrapped around a tree along the way. I'm more likely to throw myself out the window from sheer centrifugal force than lose traction on the switchback.

That said, I did manage to 180 her once. In order to do that my ramp came up suddenly (I was doing 40 and thought it was a half mile ahead), plus it was a wet road, plus I was carrying a piano. But then ya gotta know where the envelope is if you're going to push it.

No, you know your own opinion. It is however, an uninformed one.

No, they are demonstrating that you really don't know what you're talking about. For the longest time the US has lagged behind the Europeans in the manufacture of high quality sedans. The Cadillac is actually getting close to the BMW's and Audis in terms of fit and finish, while working on the performance side of the equation. The Corvette is performance wise the superior of most of the high end sports cars out there. It is the equal of some of the super cars out there as well, for half the price or even less. The problem with the 'vette has always been in the quality of it's construction.

I love a good car in a tight corner. The 'vette and Caddy are more than capable of keeping up with anything the Europeans are producing with the exception of the absolute best of the super cars, and even there, the 'vette is getting closer.

Here's a hint -- my reference to "waterbed" was a metaphor. It has nothing to do with actual beds. Your driving philosophy is like mine. I lament the fact that my MINI is so heavy but I do like how I have to keep getting out of the car to see if it's riding on rails, because that's how she handles. I'll defy anyone here to keep up with me down highway 80. I'll be waiting at the far end if you haven't wrapped around a tree along the way. I'm more likely to throw myself out the window from sheer centrifugal force than lose traction on the switchback.

That said, I did manage to 180 her once. In order to do that my ramp came up suddenly (I was doing 40 and thought it was a half mile ahead), plus it was a wet road, plus I was carrying a piano. But then ya gotta know where the envelope is if you're going to push it.

No, you know your own opinion. It is however, an uninformed one.

But, but, he drives a MINI COOPER

:rofl:

id race you in my Focus ST

As for your opinion, Of course you know you're own opinion , but in this matter - as in most - you are wrong.

Drive whatever you like but the point is this: it wouldn't be a "race". It'd be more like a rallye.
Speed is not all there is.

You have to be a typical liberal even when talking about cars, don't you? You're opinion is not the only one that matters. Some people enjoy 1/4 mile racing. You don't, that's fine, but no reason to dis a a gorgeous piece of machinery like the Hellcat simply because it doesn't do what YOU would like for it to. The Challenger is NOT a rally car. But then again, neither is the Mini LOL

The original Mini's were though! And while there is no works team in the WRC there are a few privateers out there with the new ones.
mini-cooper-rally-hd-background.jpg

mini-cooper-racing-rally-4.jpg

Pogo's problem is he's trying to talk like he knows something but he's not a true petrol head. Merely a person who catches the occasional magazine article and thinks that makes him an expert.

And, for the record Pogo, I would take you on in my Subaru Outback and kick your keester all over the hill.
Mudding.jpg

As for your opinion, Of course you know you're own opinion , but in this matter - as in most - you are wrong.

Drive whatever you like but the point is this: it wouldn't be a "race". It'd be more like a rallye.

You have to be a typical liberal even when talking about cars, don't you? You're opinion is not the only one that matters. Some people enjoy 1/4 mile racing. You don't, that's fine, but no reason to dis a a gorgeous piece of machinery like the Hellcat simply because it doesn't do what YOU would like for it to. The Challenger is NOT a rally car. But then again, neither is the Mini LOL

The original Mini's were though! And while there is no works team in the WRC there are a few privateers out there with the new ones.

Pogo's problem is he's trying to talk like he knows something but he's not a true petrol head. Merely a person who catches the occasional magazine article and thinks that makes him an expert.

And, for the record Pogo, I would take you on in my Subaru Outback and kick your keester all over the hill.
Mudding.jpg

I seriously considered buying a WRX Sti when I bought my Focus, now THAT is a true rally car.

But I've had so much luck with my Fords over the years. And one drive of the ST and it was decided.

But I'm 100% serious that if they ever offer the Hellcat in orange I'll be buying one.

Stupid decision not to since orange is a Dodge factory color on certain models.

Mudding.jpg

I seriously considered buying a WRX Sti when I bought my Focus, now THAT is a true rally car.

But I've had so much luck with my Fords over the years. And one drive of the ST and it was decided.

But I'm 100% serious that if they ever offer the Hellcat in orange I'll be buying one.

Stupid decision not to since the regular SRT can be had in orange.

I hear that many exciting colors are coming in the 2016 Hellcat, plus more power!

You have to be a typical liberal even when talking about cars, don't you? You're opinion is not the only one that matters. Some people enjoy 1/4 mile racing. You don't, that's fine, but no reason to dis a a gorgeous piece of machinery like the Hellcat simply because it doesn't do what YOU would like for it to.

Of course it is. What better reason is there?

What, you get an opinion and I don't? :lol:
Doooooon't think so dood.

Mudding.jpg

Stupid decision not to since orange is a Dodge factory color on certain models.

I agree on the color. My outback has the same engine as the WRX! And it kicks ass! I love it when the idiots with their little rice burners race me off the line at the stop lights. I'm slow off the line, but then the turbo kicks in and I blow right on by them! Hilarious!

You have to be a typical liberal even when talking about cars, don't you? You're opinion is not the only one that matters. Some people enjoy 1/4 mile racing. You don't, that's fine, but no reason to dis a a gorgeous piece of machinery like the Hellcat simply because it doesn't do what YOU would like for it to.

Pogo, you truly are stupid.

Angelina Jolie does NOTHING for me, I mean nothing, she's not the type of woman I'm attracted to.

However, if someone asked me if she was attractive, i certainly wouldn't say "no dude she's ugly, now Jennifer Annisiton, SHE'S hot.

Angelina Jolie does NOTHING for me, I mean nothing, she's not the type of woman I'm attracted to.

However, if someone asked me if she was attractive, i certainly wouldn't say "no dude she's ugly, now Jennifer Annisiton, SHE'S hot.

Jennifer has certainly aged better!

Oddly enough though , Angelina is by almost all accounts the better person.

Oddly enough though , Angelina is by almost all accounts the better person.

She's certainly more philanthropic. She's one of the few Hollywood types I respect for that.

Dude...just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. (And you weren't carrying a piano in a Mini.)

Note: at VIR, a Mini-a John Cooper Works-tuned car, no less-was matched around the track by a 2-ton Dodge Charger...and a 5500lb SUV. It was handily beaten by a Mustang...not even a GT, just a V6! (The GT trounced it, the Boss 302 annihilated it.) The CTS-V also annihilated it.

And from the GT-R website tonight....

I got beat by a Hellcat today at PBIR. It had a lot of work done to it. It had slicks and on the race against me, hooked up for a 1.39 60' time. It ran a 9.709 The driver also almost cut a perfect light. This car is going to be a very popular tuner platform, and will take street car drag racing to the next level.

I found the timeslip. Hellcat on right, slow me on left.

index.php

I got beat by a Hellcat today at PBIR. It had a lot of work done to it. It had slicks and on the race against me, hooked up for a 1.39 60' time. It ran a 9.709 The driver also almost cut a perfect light. This car is going to be a very popular tuner platform, and will take street car drag racing to the next level.

index.php

Pretty impressive. Your time wasn't too shabby either!

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT at Auto Club Speedway (Sports Car Course) - POV Track Test...IN THE RAIN...watch the speedo!

That's actually pretty mild. If you think that's good watch these guys.. they're effing nuts! 190 mph in the rain on TWO wheels!

index.php

He didn't get you by that much. Both those times are pretty damn good.

I mean a 10 second car is nothing to laugh at.

Forum List

Back