2014: The Year of the Jeep

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
If 2013 was the year of the pickup, 2014 belongs to Jeeps. No other brand has gained so much traction in the U.S. this year.

From January through July, Fiat (F:IM) sold 392,390 Jeeps in North America, 44 percent more than in the same period last year. That was enough to rocket the American brand past Kia (000270:KS) and Dodge, its corporate cousin, to the No. 7 spot on a ranking by volume. At the moment, Jeep is right behind Hyundai (005380:KS) in terms of total vehicles sold.

Jeep Now Sells More Cars Than Kia and Dodge - Businessweek

And I would suspect 2015 ain't gonna be too bad either with the new Jeep Renegade making it's debut...2015 Jeep Renegade - Adventure is Coming. Get Ready.

2015-Jeep-Renegade-front.jpg

I love the jeep concept but they're lacking in quality.
Know a guy who bought a brand new Rubicon and the transmission would overheat every time he took it off road.
Jeeps solution on the recall? Install a warning buzzer and light ....so you can stop and let it cool down.
And dont get me started on their axles,they twist off like beer bottle caps at a BBQ.

The good thing is you have plenty aftermarket upgrades to fix their short comings.

Hence the name JEEP. J ust E mpty E very P ocket.

My daughter has a white Jeep Wrangler and just had mudders put on it. I doubt she'll be doing this anytime soon but the car looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I see in the OP that Fiat makes Jeeps?

I'm having to read it several times and I still cannot believe it.

Probably only a coincidence that the Jeep, an American Icon, would pull itself fro its quality quagmire after being acquired by the Italians.

My latest Jeep is a stock, 2007 Liberty Sport. 225K, and other than a few electrical quirks and an issue of the electric motors for the door windows being recalled, absolutely no major problems, in spite of me trying to beat the snot out of it and not really maintaining it the past couple of years. I've taken it off road and driven through Hurricane Sandy, and a couple of blizzards and Nor'easters. But, my favorite was the 1979 CJ5 I had years ago. It had a 304V8, 3 speed manual trans, and I lifted the body 2", put 32" tires and lived in a rural area where I could drive off road right out of my back yard. I have the Liberty as a more civilized, but still off road capable vehicle, now that I'm back living in the city. I'm thinking about buying a Wrangler next.

I'm sure that the new Renegade will sell with certain suburban warrior weenie types. But, I'm definitely going with a Wrangler for the next vehicle. My only question to be answered is 2 or 4 door model.

Forum List

Back