2014 Senate?

2014 U.S. Senate Scoreboard (9/28/14)

This article says some of the bleeding for the GOP has stopped – for now. Forecasts a possibility of the GOP picking up 6 seats – enough to get rid of Dingy Harry

Article @ Political Pistachio 2014 U.S. Senate Scoreboard 9 28 14

And the following quote comes from the Red State blog The Five Senate Races that will NOT decide control of the Senate. RedState

The rest of the competitive Senate races seem to be moving in a clear direction. Democratic pickup chances in Kentucky and, to a lesser extent, Georgia seem to be fading. Democratic open seats in Montana, South Dakota and West Virginia are gone. Democratic strategists are growing increasingly pessimistic about their chances in Arkansas and Louisiana. Scott Brown increasingly has a chance in New Hampshire, but it’s hard to see him winning before any of the four Republican candidates running in Alaska, Colorado, Iowa and North Carolina.

A nice prediction - IF we can get GOP supporters to the polls.

And then, here's another – 9 Senate Races That Could Tip the Balance of Power @ 9 Senate Races That Could Tip the Balance of Power

Sigh. Every “expert” has something to say.

I fear Alison Grimes may be blowing a golden opportunity to oust Turtle McConnell in Kentucky. The guy is despised in the state, but they also know that being Senate Minority Leader has brought a lot of pork home, despite his calls for a smaller Federal government.

Other than Texas and West Virginia, are there any stupider people in the country than Kentucky?

Grimes Both McConnell And His Wife Have Failed Coal Miners

"It’s horrific that rates of black lung disease have skyrocketed back to levels of the early 1970s as Mitch McConnell raked in campaign contributions from coal operators and Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao gutted standards at the Mine Safety and Health Administration," Norton said. "McConnell’s blatant disregard for miner safety and health is reprehensible and clearly shows that he’s more interested in serving the billionaires and millionaires bankrolling his campaign than our hardworking coal families."

A spokeswoman for McConnell's campaign didn't respond to requests for comment, and an email sent to Chao through her website on Tuesday went unreturned.

Grimes is not afraid to mix it up, even with the worst of them ...

Grimes Both McConnell And His Wife Have Failed Coal Miners

"It’s horrific that rates of black lung disease have skyrocketed back to levels of the early 1970s as Mitch McConnell raked in campaign contributions from coal operators and Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao gutted standards at the Mine Safety and Health Administration," Norton said. "McConnell’s blatant disregard for miner safety and health is reprehensible and clearly shows that he’s more interested in serving the billionaires and millionaires bankrolling his campaign than our hardworking coal families."

A spokeswoman for McConnell's campaign didn't respond to requests for comment, and an email sent to Chao through her website on Tuesday went unreturned.

Grimes is not afraid to mix it up, even with the worst of them ...

I like her, and anybody is better than Yurtle the Turtle, but she really disappointed in her interview on Lawrence O'Donnell. It was like she was just spouting campaign bullet points.

It's looking like it's going to be very close. Could very well come down to 1 race on who controls the Senate...

I don't understand statistical math, but Nate does. It's worth reading:

The ‘Maroon 6′: A Better Way To Look At The 2014 Senate Races

silver-datalab-maroonstates1.png

A snippet:

The problem is that although Republicans are favored in each individual race, it will be hard for them to go six for six. I know we can get obsessed with sports analogies, but another one is helpful here. The Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFL and will be favored in just about every game they play for the rest of the season. But it’s very unlikely that they’ll sweep all 12 remaining games to finish their season at 15-1. Sooner or later, Russell Wilson will throw a late interception or Steven Hauschka will miss a field goal or some opposition running back will have the game of his life — and Seattle will be upset. Similarly, it’s likely that one of the Democrats in the Maroon 6 states will find a way to win.

According to a recent CNN article:

Washington (CNN) -- Four weeks away from the 2014 midterm elections and even some Democratic operatives struggle to imagine a scenario where they retain control of the U.S. Senate. The terrain and current momentum seem all but overwhelming and against them.

A new CNN/ORC poll out Thursday morning suggests a Republican lead over a Democratic incumbent, this time in Alaska, and does nothing to calm Democrats' nerves.

"If you put a gun to my head, I guess I'd say that we're going to lose the Senate," one Democratic consultant told me in a moment of anonymous candor.

It's not even so much that President Obama is an Ancient Mariner-esque Albatross around their necks, though he is.

141008222227-senate-chalboard-story-top.jpeg

"I love the guy and I don't think there's anything he could do to fix it," the Democratic operative says, "but he's a real drag. But the bigger drag is the economy overall -- even though the economy is getting better, people aren't feeling it because wages are stagnant."
Senate math seems impossible to some Democrats - CNN.com

Don't have a link but one news source claimed there is a 99% chance the GOP will gain a majority in the Senate.

With 52 probable wins now and probable continuation of current trendlines this is shaping up as a really strange election for Republicans but then again have they ever seen an opportunity they did not squander?

I fear Alison Grimes may be blowing a golden opportunity to oust Turtle McConnell in Kentucky. The guy is despised in the state, but they also know that being Senate Minority Leader has brought a lot of pork home, despite his calls for a smaller Federal government.

Other than Texas and West Virginia, are there any stupider people in the country than Kentucky?

Just look inside any major urban city.

New Topics

Forum List

Back