2013 Corvette C7 revealed!

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Corvette celebrates 60th with stunning makeover

DETROIT — The Chevrolet Corvette is 60 years old this week, and that's a miracle. Many miracles, in fact.

The iconic American sports car has survived a troubled birth, quality problems and development delays. it has overcome threats from recessions and regulations. And it has outlasted waffling by Chevy parent General Motors over whether such a car should exist at all.

It appears, through all that, to have become younger than ever.

2014-corvette-2-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

2014-corvette-3-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

2014-corvette-1-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

I definitely prefer chrome, but the design isn't so hot...rims are usually the first thing that catches my eye on any vehicle. It's a bit of a fetish.:redface: My dream design for a man cave would include a border up near the ceiling of chrome rims.:thup:

• Banned
I definitely prefer chrome, but the design isn't so hot...rims are usually the first thing that catches my eye on any vehicle. It's a bit of a fetish.:redface: My dream design for a man cave would include a border up near the ceiling of chrome rims.:thup:

I prefer a black Vette with the chrome, and yes it's too hot. I wanna lease this, I wonder what price range this will be at.

I prefer a black Vette with the chrome, and yes it's too hot. I wanna lease this, I wonder what price range this will be at.

Corvettes are my fave and I LOVE driving them. Talk about gearing down at good speeds on curvy mountain roads....a real thrill.

Corvettes are my fave and I LOVE driving them. Talk about gearing down at good speeds on curvy mountain roads....a real thrill.

Now, I gonna have to ruin your day.

Get a load a' this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_YfX5RFFb8]Maybach Exelero - The "8 million dollar car" !! - YouTube[/ame]

I really want to try this one out :D....no curvy mountains anywhere near where I am. But still Summer runs would be fun...:cool:

Now, I gonna have to ruin your day.

Get a load a' this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_YfX5RFFb8]Maybach Exelero - The "8 million dollar car" !! - YouTube[/ame]

lol....it's very limited and a hype car.

Absolutely. I've owned a 1977 and a 2002 Corvette. The '02 was a six speed, and by far the fastest car I've ever owned, even faster than my old built up hotrod muscle cars of yesteryear.

But this new 'vette... idk... the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure I like it. I think it's a little 'busy.' Too many sharp edges, and the rear end might as well have come right off the Camaro.

Absolutely. I've owned a 1977 and a 2002 Corvette. The '02 was a six speed, and by far the fastest car I've ever owned, even faster than my old built up hotrod muscle cars of yesteryear.

But this new 'vette... idk... the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure I like it. I think it's a little 'busy.' Too many sharp edges, and the rear end might as well have come right off the Camaro.

I agree about the sharp lines. They are all the rage these days. I have alway waxed my cars by hand. I love to run along the smooth sweep of a sexy curve. My '69 Mustang fastback sharp lines in places and they never felt right under my hand even though overall the car is one of the finest looking cars ever built.

DETROIT — The Chevrolet Corvette is 60 years old this week, and that's a miracle. Many miracles, in fact.

The iconic American sports car has survived a troubled birth, quality problems and development delays. it has overcome threats from recessions and regulations. And it has outlasted waffling by Chevy parent General Motors over whether such a car should exist at all.

Eh, I mean I guess it would be alright for the butler to have something to drive...........

Some of you who aren't fully satisfied aren't so modern....:) ....the newer generation likes this style, these are photos and you won't notice that much angular shapes when looking at it in person.

Some of you who aren't fully satisfied aren't so modern....:) ....the newer generation likes this style, these are photos and you won't notice that much angular shapes when looking at it in person.

I'll take my Corvette in 1967 vintage with a big block thank you very much

67_ext1.jpg

BAAAAD ASS !!:cool:

Forum List

Back