Paul/Ventura....WOW! :cuckoo:

Makes the Palin/Bachman ticket look appealing

Oh go fill the whole "D" column and hurry back home to catch Maddow. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what..

You run Paul/ Ventura

and we will run Franken/Michael Moore

We will still kick your ass in 2012

See.. you give my side of the spectrum a bad name by saying dumb shit like that. Franken? perhaps. MOORE? Now you are just being asinine. Paul appealed to a wide range of people across the spectrum. Ventura is a no bullshit kind of guy and that is exactly what this nation needs. AND is a former governor. What office did Moore hold again?

Seriously. you prove that batshit crazy is not a monopoly of the right. And go change your name, tard. You are about as ironic as Ashton Kutcher's choice of hats.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Jim Webb run... but that will probably have to wait until 16. I'd love to see something like a Paul/Ventura ticket. Ventura would make a great VP.

to be honest, instead of some failure in waiting of a third party ticket i'd like to see a viable nomination with a rebublican and a democrat running together. I think that would shake the partisanship up a bit. Like, say, Jim Webb/Olympia Snowe.. a blue dog dem and a rino republican.

ps. Sarah Palin is another Dan Quayle. watch and see. She's just one potatoe away.
I concur about Paul/Ventura. Ventura has the gubernatorial clout, and Paul has the grassroots backing and now the national name recognition.

And I will go on record right now as saying that I like Jim Webb.

says the guy hiding behind the handle "right winger". You clearly don't understand how precariously perched dems are these days.

I'll tell you what..

You run Paul/ Ventura

You're on... Jesse Venture will kick Franken and Moores collective Liberal asses half-way to France. Ron Paul would make one hell of a President.

Paul/Webb would be great, if you're looking for a bipartisan ticket.

Paul is pretty damn principled, so he'll disagree with Webb on some things, but he's going to have to at least loosen up on SOMETHING if he wants a shot.

With Paul, the Fed Reserve issue I think is always going to take center stage. I don't think he'd ever team up with anyone who wasn't willing to challenge the Fed.

Webb signed on to the Senate version of the Fed Audit bill, the "Fed Sunshine Act".

I could DEFINITELY see Paul and Webb teaming up.

That may come to be more and more of my dream ticket as time goes on.

I'll tell you what..

You run Paul/ Ventura

You're on... Jesse Venture will kick Franken and Moores collective Liberal asses half-way to France. Ron Paul would make one hell of a President.

Paul doesn't even make a good Congressman

Ventura was a laughingstock in Minnesota

I'll tell you what..

You run Paul/ Ventura

See.. you give my side of the spectrum a bad name by saying dumb shit like that. Franken? perhaps. MOORE? Now you are just being asinine. Paul appealed to a wide range of people across the spectrum. Ventura is a no bullshit kind of guy and that is exactly what this nation needs. AND is a former governor. What office did Moore hold again?

Seriously. you prove that batshit crazy is not a monopoly of the right. And go change your name, tard. You are about as ironic as Ashton Kutcher's choice of hats.

Just playing with them Shogun

it's all good. I posted a poll to see what our fellow USMB member think.

I'll tell you what..

You run Paul/ Ventura

Paul doesn't even make a good Congressman

Ventura was a laughingstock in Minnesota

He doesn't make a "good Congressman" because he's got something called principles, which is foreign to most politicians.

Paul is pretty damn principled, so he'll disagree with Webb on some things, but he's going to have to at least loosen up on SOMETHING if he wants a shot.

With Paul, the Fed Reserve issue I think is always going to take center stage. I don't think he'd ever team up with anyone who wasn't willing to challenge the Fed.

Webb signed on to the Senate version of the Fed Audit bill, the "Fed Sunshine Act".

the thing that keeps me from looking at Paul more is that whole fair tax crap. I'm a big fan of the liberty aspect of his platform but I'm just not on board with a lot of his economic voodoo and packaged alternatives to income tax.

the thing that keeps me from looking at Paul more is that whole fair tax crap. I'm a big fan of the liberty aspect of his platform but I'm just not on board with a lot of his economic voodoo and packaged alternatives to income tax.

Well Ron Paul doesn't support a fair tax. He'd support a fair tax over the income tax, but the ultimate goal would be to get rid of the income tax and replace it with nothing.

I think it's too early to make a call. As much as I tried I just can't get on the Paul bandwagon and I'm definitely not a big Ventura fan.

Well Ron Paul doesn't support a fair tax. He'd support a fair tax over the income tax, but the ultimate goal would be to get rid of the income tax and replace it with nothing.

yea.. but he's stated that he would vote for the fair tax just to get rid of the income tax which, in my opinion, would still become a disaster. No one likes to pay income taxes... but a tax on consumption is effectively a tariff on American consumers and would starve aspects of government that really is necessary. I know it's popular among Paul supporters to pretend that government should be ran out of a closet somewhere and there is no need for as much gov as we have. I disagree. Sure, the spending should be reigned in and validated but we don't have clean food and safe OTC drugs because of the free market and a few dead babies. Shrinking the gov makes a great soundbyte but it's really just a utopian opinion wrapped up in best case scenario assumptions. This is why, instead of a tariff on American consumption i'd rather scrap the income tax and tariff the fuck out of all those imports that have crippled the American standard of living; a buffer, if you will, to keep our standard of living from becoming normalized with that of a chinese slave, indian beggar or mexican nafta lover. Paul is tempting up to the point in which he talks about economics. Inmy opinion, of course.

I ain't talking about the Mayan predictions, I'm talking about the elections.

Who would you all vote for? Obama? Or some Republican? Third Party? If Republican or Independant, who?

Who would make the best president in 2012?

A 3rd party candidate would be the best if they are libertarian/conservative. However, we all know that won't happen. I would like to say Obama if real conservatives retake Congress in 2010 (and/or 2012), but he's a radical who has no interest in bipartisanship. Therefore, Obama has to go. I just hope the Republicans choose wisely, but I'm not holding my breath.

You know...........I actually heard a news segment once about a month ago where people were actually looking seriously at a Palin/Cheney ticket for 2012.

Now......considering that the election would be Nov 2012, and the president wouldn't be sworn in until January 20th, 2013, well............the world is going to end on December 21st at 11:00.

Do we really need to worry about the elections? I'm more concerned about the Galactic Alignment.

Paul's not necessarily a Fair Tax advocate. He's said before that he agrees with it on the merits that it at least eliminates income tax, but his true position is to reduce overall spending to levels that don't require even a Fair Tax, let alone an income tax.

If that's a deal breaker, then so be it. At least he's not an anarchist, right? :lol:

I ain't talking about the Mayan predictions, I'm talking about the elections.

Who would you all vote for? Obama? Or some Republican? Third Party? If Republican or Independant, who?

Who would make the best president in 2012?

A 3rd party candidate would be the best if they are libertarian/conservative. However, we all know that won't happen. I would like to say Obama if real conservatives retake Congress in 2010 (and/or 2012), but he's a radical who has no interest in bipartisanship. Therefore, Obama has to go. I just hope the Republicans choose wisely, but I'm not holding my breath.

What would a 3rd party libertarian/conservative candidate do except draw votes away from the republican and ensuring another Obama victory?

Paul's not necessarily a Fair Tax advocate. He's said before that he agrees with it on the merits that it at least eliminates income tax, but his true position is to reduce overall spending to levels that don't require even a Fair Tax, let alone an income tax.

If that's a deal breaker, then so be it. At least he's not an anarchist, right? :lol:

I hate to say it but the only person on the right side of the spectrum that I tend to agree with on global econ is Pat Buchannan. If only he weren't such a fucking dogma junkie.

The money must come from somewhere, dude. And, I really don't believe that it's a matter of simply reducing spending when the logical extension is to shut down necessary gov agencies. I'm just not willing to give up the FDA or the dept of labor. I don't think the dept of transportation would be a better deal if thrown to the wolves of capitalism. Sure... there is room to dry up the free for all and earmarks need to be regulated more but I get the sneaking suspicion that Paul talking points will affect us deeper than his election year appeal.

Forum List

Back