2012 War Question: Was Bush right or wrong Mr. Obama???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
So we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq has turned into a success. We are fighting hard in Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan.

So, either Obama got into office and realized Bush was right, or he still thinks the wars are wrong but are leaving our troops there for his own political purposes.

Neither option really plays well for Obama. I hope the GOP hits on this point hard.

So we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq has turned into a success. We are fighting hard in Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan.

So, either Obama got into office and realized Bush was right, or he still thinks the wars are wrong but are leaving our troops there for his own political purposes.

Neither option really plays well for Obama. I hope the GOP hits on this point hard.

Obama wants OBL for political reasons only
his predator drone attacks into Pakistan proves that

Sure..... he only wants to get Bin Laden for the votes

Too bad Bush never gave a shit, or he wouldn't have let him escape so he could attack Iraq

Too bad Bush never gave a shit, or he wouldn't have let him escape so he could attack Iraq

Let him escape so he could attack Iraq?
never heard that one before
My friend my thoughts are not swayed by my political affiliations. Obama does very little because it is the right thing to do
why is he killing innocent civilians and taking so many chances in Pakistan?

So these responses actually sound good to you?

Let me be clear... Barry's been about 180 degrees off on most everything. An empty vessel at best.

So these responses actually sound good to you?

Don't set you expectations too high for that one... not sure what happened.. he used to do better. Maybe too much weed, I dunno.

never heard that one before/QUOTE]

Really? Have you been under a rock for the past 8 years? Dropping the ball on tracking down bin Laden has been a continual point of criticism of the Iraq invasion.

never heard that one before/QUOTE]

Really? Have you been under a rock for the past 8 years? Dropping the ball on tracking down bin Laden has been a continual point of criticism of the Iraq invasion.

It is not really a completely accurate Point however.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should have finished up in Afghan before starting another war. But I think Bin Laden had already escaped to Pakistan well before we invaded Iraq. That ball was dropped at Tora Bora from what I gather.

I think he ( Obama) should taken the the braver road and pulled out of Afghanistan.

So you think it would be Braver to Abandon The people we are helping in Afghanistan, and run away eh.

Interesting logic.

I am short of time, and will answer more fully if you want to discuss it, but let me say now; I think its would have been better doing then, what we are going to do anyway. Success in Afghan. will not come, we will not do what is necessary to make it so.

As far as braver, I meant that in the context that it takes a certain kind of grit and political bravery to do the unpopular thing.

never heard that one before
My friend my thoughts are not swayed by my political affiliations. Obama does very little because it is the right thing to do
why is he killing innocent civilians and taking so many chances in Pakistan?

Since you brought it up.....

Do you think Bush could have invaded Iraq if Bin Laden had already been killed or captured?

Bu$h II said that OBL was wanted dead or alive then, a few years later, he said that it didn't mean that much to him.

To the OP, neither foreign entanglement can be considered a success yet. It's too early. How long did it take Iraq to form its government after the last election?

Forum List

Back