2012... Scary...

It's actually not caviling because it's not about the spending. It's about the hypocrisy of the finger pointing community organizer who bewails the haves spending endless money to get what they want. Typical liberal suddenly it's unnecessary when your guy does it.

It's stupid to whine about how much a campaign costs, because it costs ALL candidates a LOT. So much for campaign reform which limited the amounts that could be spent. But unless candidates have the huge amounts of money it costs to get his/her face on television, they might as well pack it in and go home.

Hmmm...if you don't understand the discussion, here's a ball to play with. Look, it's bouncy...

Oh please enlighten me, genius. If you're talking about the haves and the have-nots among us, that's an entirely different subject than receiving campaign donations. Duh...

Obama has money to campaign with and to them its bad.

If a right winger has money to campaign then its great.

The fact that Obama raises more in average joe money means nothing to them.

How can businesses invigorate the economy when government is increasing regulation and taxes both for them and their biggest investors, the hated rich? How can we drive cars without buying oil from bad governments or letting companies explore domestically? How can we provide energy when the left is blocking new power plants as well as nuclear and coal power? The left attacks without solving anything, why does Obama get a standard he doesn't provide to others? Again, that's called...hypocrisy....

Oh dear, where is Oddball when we need him. Such a "non-sequitur." Tsk tsk tsk.

But to your point anyway, the left doesn't "block" any of those energy producers. But the left does try to move in the direction of cleaner energy and alternatives in addition to dirty coal and oil. Why? Aside from just making sense, it's because energy alternatives are where the JOBS OF THE FUTURE WILL BE. It's the right who can't grasp that.

Darn it, Democrats just care don't they? Hard working, honest, of the highest integrity. Their shirts are always cleanly pressed, their hair combed and their farts don't smell. Can you tell me the story where you're a Republican again?

I haven't been a Republican since I voted for George H.W. Bush the first time and haven't mentioned that in months. So what the fuck are you talking about? There IS no "Republican" with common sense these days, so take the stick out of your ass. You're looking like a fool.

Immie is about the only person who I remember bailing on Bush.

It took him years but he did bail on him for good reason.

Well I was posting on different message boards then, but they were all the same. The attitudes, the defensive comments, the roles of presidential supporters completely reversed. Of course the events that plagued Bush were not the same as those that plague Obama, but Bush could do no wrong for sure. Then when they were left with a weak candidate in McCain, most decided to declare themselves "independents," as if that excused their prior support for the Bush administration.

It doesn't bother me that other people don't have the same political ideology as I do, but I hate the hypocrisy. No president gets everything right, nor will he please all his supporters (as you said), but people mostly believe in basic principles of conservatism or liberalism in broad terms, so we'll support the people (warts and all) who best define ourselves. There's nothing "new" about that, and I get a little tired of having people imply that I should change and reinvent myself just because everything doesn't turn out perfect.

Well I was posting on different message boards then, but they were all the same. The attitudes, the defensive comments, the roles of presidential supporters completely reversed. Of course the events that plagued Bush were not the same as those that plague Obama, but Bush could do no wrong for sure.

I've never voted for anyone named Bush in my life.

That doesn't mean that Obama is any less of a fuckup. What you lack the wits to grasp is that we don't have to choose side. If I oppose Obama, that doesn't mean I have to support that idiot Bush.

Yeah, Obama is worse than Bush, that's just a fact. That doesn't make Bush worth a damn, he wasn't.

Obama is just the quicker fucker upper...

It used to drive me crazy with the non stop defense of anything Bush did.

everytime one of his admin would leave and talk about how messed up the admin was all you heard was "disgruntled employee.

He sure had alot of them

Well I was posting on different message boards then, but they were all the same. The attitudes, the defensive comments, the roles of presidential supporters completely reversed. Of course the events that plagued Bush were not the same as those that plague Obama, but Bush could do no wrong for sure.

I've never voted for anyone named Bush in my life.

That doesn't mean that Obama is any less of a fuckup. What you lack the wits to grasp is that we don't have to choose side. If I oppose Obama, that doesn't mean I have to support that idiot Bush.

Yeah, Obama is worse than Bush, that's just a fact. That doesn't make Bush worth a damn, he wasn't.

Obama is just the quicker fucker upper...

It is not a fact.

Bush will go down in history as the worst president ever.

Obama will fair MUCH better than bush even if he doesnt get a second term

This. The GOP side of the election in 2012 is likely to be pretty damn boring. You'll have about a dozen or so old white guys all falling over themselves to win Sarah Palin's endorsement. It'll be like the worst season of the Bachlorette ever.

What's a real shame is that the GOP probably has a pretty strong shot at the Oval Office in 2012 and they're likely to blow it in the first cycle of the primaries.

Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain. Makes you shudder what they could come up with next in that loser after loser after loser string of government lovers. That they actually won 3 of those 6 elections shows the low hurdle they've been up against. But still, why is a President who trusts the American people to run their own lives so hard to find?

Truth be told, they're not hard to find at all. I really believe that every presidential wannabe has noble intentions. It's when they finally arrive behind the desk in the Oval Office that they find the huge animals called bureacrats and lobbyists are far, far bigger players than they ever imagined. Suddenly they begin to roar instead of smile. And once they start trying to play off one group against the other in order to accomplish their campaign goals, they realize it's no walk in the park. Sides are chosen, monied interests vie for their clients' most favored issue, and the political war is on. They all think they can stay true to their values and get everyone in their corner. But it's impossible. Every single president that I can recall in my lifetime has made that confession, in one form or another.

I agree. The problem with politics is you have to sell out to get ahead and every time you sell out it gets easier and easier until they're always selling out thinking that's the way to make an impact later. But later never comes, they just keep selling out.

header_logo.jpg

I see it now...

The Number of the Beast...

12 Divided by 2 is 6... 1 from 2 is 1 plus 2 is 3... 3 6's... The "O" is the Beast.

Get Right with God.

:)

peace...

It is not a fact.

It is a fact, just as it is a fact that you are a mindless sycophant.

The only defense you have of Obama is to attack Bush.

Obama is a cluster-fuck.

Obama will fair MUCH better than bush even if he doesnt get a second term

Obama is the worst president in my lifetime, by a wide margin. Worse than Carter, worse than Ford and worse than Bush.

I strongly dislike the guy, and even I'm not sure about that. Bush has some pretty stiff competition at the bottom of the heap.

A lot of Bush's legacy will come down to how Iraq and Afghanistan turn out, and whether TARP did it's job (and he gets credit for it). I suspect he'll come out middle of the pack, as he certainly blew a shot are doing something really game changing post 9/11 and went out of his way to expand the power of the Presidency.

As for Obama, it's way too early to tell. He's probably the weakest President I've seen in my life time. So much of his agenda in the first 2 years were set by Pelosi and Reid, and so much of his agenda in the second 2 years is being set by the GOP. He seems to consistently be a day or more behind any major developments in the world. He seems to have no clue how to use the power of the Presidency, nor a discernible goal for his Presidency. I voted for him, but I can't say he's been that particularly great.

Got this in my e-mail this morning...

header_logo.jpg

Jeff --

Today, we are filing papers to launch our 2012 campaign.

We're doing this now because the politics we believe in does not start with expensive TV ads or extravaganzas, but with you -- with people organizing block-by-block, talking to neighbors, co-workers, and friends. And that kind of campaign takes time to build.

So even though I'm focused on the job you elected me to do, and the race may not reach full speed for a year or more, the work of laying the foundation for our campaign must start today.

We've always known that lasting change wouldn't come quickly or easily. It never does. But as my administration and folks across the country fight to protect the progress we've made -- and make more -- we also need to begin mobilizing for 2012, long before the time comes for me to begin campaigning in earnest.

As we take this step, I'd like to share a video that features some folks like you who are helping to lead the way on this journey. Please take a moment to watch:

In the coming days, supporters like you will begin forging a new organization that we'll build together in cities and towns across the country. And I'll need you to help shape our plan as we create a campaign that's farther reaching, more focused, and more innovative than anything we've built before.

We'll start by doing something unprecedented: coordinating millions of one-on-one conversations between supporters across every single state, reconnecting old friends, inspiring new ones to join the cause, and readying ourselves for next year's fight.

This will be my final campaign, at least as a candidate. But the cause of making a lasting difference for our families, our communities, and our country has never been about one person. And it will succeed only if we work together.

There will be much more to come as the race unfolds. Today, simply let us know you're in to help us begin, and then spread the word:

Obama for America | barackobama.com

Thank you,

Barack

Why is that scary? He's the worst President ever, right?.. Surely you'd be glad he's running for re-election, so you can give hime one big ass-whuppin, right?
Yep. problem is idiots believed him the first time, probably will again.

Forum List

Back