2012 Republican Primary Poll (for Republicans) - May 26, 2011 Edition

Which candidate do you want to see win the nomination?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Herman Cain 0 0%
Newt Gingrich 0 0%
Gary Johnson
Wonky Pundit 1 14.29%
Ron Paul
Dr.Drock, FuelRod, GeoLaureate8, High_Gravity, Liberty, Mr.Nick 6 85.71%

I know Wonky is not a republican and gun to the head, neither is Drock. Unless he's in the same boat as me, and has to register with one party or another to vote.
~~~~~~~~``

As much as I love Ron, most of his support comes from a small group of libertarians and college kids. College kids rarely vote and there are still not enough libers to put Paul on the ticket, let alone in the House.

However

I thing a Cain-Paul ticket would be swwweeeett like candy coated in love wrapped in dark chocalte that's been dipped in bliss.

Yeah right, thats how the tyrant Obama got elected.

Go to dictionary.com and look up the word "rarely", you will see that my statement is correct.

in other words, I didn't say they 'dont' vote.

frazzeledgear, are you serious? You voted Pawlenty?

Pawlenty doesn't even try to hide the fact that he wants to enslave sick people who use medical marijuana.

This is sheer madness. Why should we initiate force upon sick people in the hospital, handcuff them, and then lock them in a cage? Is that any way to treat sick people?

This is precisely what turned me off to Ron Paul in 2008. Too many of his supporters acted like rabid lunatics. (No offense to the RP supporters I like).

If you can't reasonably disagree with people, then I don't really care what your opinion on the matter is.

How so?

Yeah, kids will be kids and Ron Paul will have a lot of weirdo's supporting him but most libertarians are regular people.

I believe the media does its best to portray libertarians as pot smoking hippie losers in an attempt to conserve a nanny state controlled by neocons and democrats.

I'll admit tho - the libertarian party has way too many nuts who are focused on special interests rather than the constitution and liberty.

But those assholes who are only libertarian because they want drugs to be legal or whatever their taboo cause is to be legal are NOT real libertarians - they're special interest activists.

Herman Cain 0 0%
Newt Gingrich 0 0%
Gary Johnson
Wonky Pundit 1 14.29%
Ron Paul
Dr.Drock, FuelRod, GeoLaureate8, High_Gravity, Liberty, Mr.Nick 6 85.71%

I know Wonky is not a republican and gun to the head, neither is Drock. Unless he's in the same boat as me, and has to register with one party or another to vote.
~~~~~~~~``

As much as I love Ron, most of his support comes from a small group of libertarians and college kids. College kids rarely vote and there are still not enough libers to put Paul on the ticket, let alone in the House.

However

I thing a Cain-Paul ticket would be swwweeeett like candy coated in love wrapped in dark chocalte that's been dipped in bliss.

Yeah right, thats how the tyrant Obama got elected.

Go to dictionary.com and look up the word "rarely", you will see that my statement is correct.

in other words, I didn't say they 'dont' vote.

Oh our "future" came out of the woodwork for Obama.

I believe generally you're correct tho.

Back in 08' it was almost hysteria over "hope & change."

I bet those same shitheads will come out of their caves again and will vote for Obama once again, reason being - Obama gives them free college money. Obama gives them the opportunity to be slackers until they're 21.

Maybe not community college students, but certainly university students....

My heart is with Ron Paul and I will vote for him in the primary. In fact, he's the only reason I joined the Republican party in 2008 having previously been a registered Libertarian. Second choice would be Herman Cain.h

Perhaps it would help the discussion if we tried to list or rank the candidates in order of preference to the extent each of us feels comfortable doing? I'd really like to get people's opinions on the candidates as much as guage this support from members of the forum. Paulites...who's your "next best" candidate from the field that exists?

My own list is tentatively as follows (as is volatile to fluctuation as I continue to learn about each of these individuals):

7. Gary Johnson - Did not impress me at the debate. Paul wannabe.

6. Ron Paul - Champion of libertarianism leaves me uncomfortable on social issues and foreign policy were he president. Fearful he would defer too much to the legislature as well. Wish more politicians subscribed to his way of thinking, however.

5. Rick Santorum - Great on the social issues I care about, but has a voting record supporting the Bush initiatives I hated over the past decade.

4. Herman Cain - Somewhat unknown. Love the "non politician" in him, but wonder how effective he could be without support within the party establishment and executive experience outside of Washington doesn't always translate smoothly into elected office. The Presidency is not a learn-as-you-go type job.

3. Mitt Romney - The most "presidential" of the candidates. Also the one I'd be most skittish about because of his flip-flopping in the past. Romneycare absolutely kills his credibility as party standard bearer and if he were the nominee would remove one of our biggest wedges to pry independents from Obama's camp.

2. Newt Gingrich - Three words: foot in mouth. I miss the fiesty Minority Whip who took down Jim Wright, the strategist who dreamed up the Contract with America, the eloquent spokesman for the conservative agenda. Alas, Newt, your baggage is too much methinks.

1. Tim Pawlenty - The more I watch and read about this guy, the better he looks. Sound eight years governing Minnesota. The biggest "knock" on him so far is how unassuming he comes across. If he showed the fire of a Palin or Bachmann, I'll bet he'd be polling at double his numbers. If the field remains as is, "T-Paw" could be Romney's biggest challenger for the nomination.

As of right now, none of these people are inspiring me. All are hands-down better than Barack Obama. Time to do more research.

Actually, you can disregard a person based on who assossiates with them. Likes attract likes. People tend to associate with people who are like them. If you are going to be a rude, inconsiderate, uncivil, ass then why on earth would I want to associate the person who you consider your leader.

Like it or not, your behavior reflects onto the people you support and vice versa. The fact that I've looked past people such as yourself to seriously consider Ron Paul is because of who I am and because I don't think he is as nuts as you are.

Actually, you can disregard a person based on who assossiates with them. Likes attract likes. People tend to associate with people who are like them. If you are going to be a rude, inconsiderate, uncivil, ass then why on earth would I want to associate the person who you consider your leader.

Like it or not, your behavior reflects onto the people you support and vice versa.

Again, Guilt by Association fallacy.

The Ku Klux Klan supported Jesus and many churches in the segragated South were racist. Does that mean people should judge Jesus because the Ku Klux Klan were Christian believers in Jesus?

The fact that I've looked past people such as yourself to seriously consider Ron Paul is because of who I am and because I don't think he is as nuts as you are.

In what way am I "nuts"? I am not the one who gives orders to slaughter millions of people in the Middle East, I don't use technology to spy on innocent people, I don't break into people's houses like the police, I don't enslave dying hospital patients who want to use medical marijuana for some comforts in their last weeks before dying.

All that compared to my actions: posting on a message board. And you say I'm nuts!? No. get it straight. The global fascist dictatorship ideologues you support are the ones who are neurotic psychopaths.

"In some ways I want pretty significant changes, people might call that extreme, but the problem is that we've allowed our government to become extreme." -- Ron Paul

Last edited:
Herman Cain - Statist Posuer #1, propped up by the media designed to lure votes from Dr. Paul. ... He's an absolutely clear stooge for the fed. No wonder faux news props him up as the "tea party candidate".

Newt Gingrich - What a Joke!, are you kidding me?

Gary Johnson - Whiny-worm Johnson? why even include this moron in the poll?

Tim Pawlenty - Statist Hack

Mitt Romney- Statist Posuer #2, for the retard-i-cans of '08

Rick Santorum- Statist Posuer #3, for the Catholic retard-i-cans, slightly more slick on social issues than the '08 posuer.

Seems the results of this poll have scared the pants off the usmessageboard elitist scum...

Are you poor little pinko's afraid of people who live in freedom?

Last edited:
Hey sexist!

There are women that could be running too, like Palin or Bachman!

And they have twice the cahones of any of those men, especially Rinos like Gingrich or Romney.

How come you only list men????????

:eusa_eh:

Herman Cain - Statist Posuer #1, propped up by the media designed to lure votes from Dr. Paul. ... He's an absolutely clear stooge for the fed. No wonder faux news props him up as the "tea party candidate".

Rick Santorum- Statist Posuer #3, for the Catholic retard-i-cans, slightly more slick on social issues than the '08 posuer.

Seems the results of this poll have scared the pants off the usmessageboard elitist scum...

Ron Paul is part of the "anything to stay in office crowed" as the rest of Washington DC . He is not the Saint that everyone thinks he is. I would rather gamble on someone new rather then some career politician.

Ron Paul is part of the "anything to stay in office crowed" as the rest of Washington DC . He is not the Saint that everyone thinks he is. I would rather gamble on someone new rather then some career politician.

Yeah, because Ron Paul's policies are so popular! Especially among Texans! Like legalizing all drugs, supporting the rights for gays to marry, opposing the Iraq war, etc. You really think supporting these issues is a good tactic to stay in office? No. It's really a gamble on his part to actually do what he says he believes in.

Ron Paul has had a consistent voting record for his entire 40 years in politics.

LOL, anything to stay in office you say? Wow...

Hey sexist!

There are women that could be running too, like Palin or Bachman!

And they have twice the cahones of any of those men, especially Rinos like Gingrich or Romney.

How come you only list men????????

:eusa_eh:
Your rash and irresponsible comment is out of line. If you'd bothered to read the initial post of the thread, you'd realize Palin and Bachmann aren't listed because neither has yet to join the race. These are the existing candidates we have (minus Buddy Roemer who seems to be running an internet banner ad-only campaign).

Ron Paul is great, until he starts to speak. His whiny nasal voice is why he's not taken seriously. Rand is another story- I'd support his run wholeheartedly.

Forum List

Back