2012 Obama campaign slogan changed from "Forward" to "Fabulous"

Don't worry kids, Obama's one liners won't make any gay couple able to get married.

I'd take this childish diatribe more seriously if reps came out in support of Obama's comments about marriage in 2008, don't remember hearing any.

For now, you'll still get all the gov't regulation of marriage you desire in most states.

"After my election, I will have more flexibility in railroading the new "in defense of marriage" amendment that tells the gays and lesbians they're shit out of luck! For now, I just want their votes!"--Barack Obama

Obama_Blind_Voters.jpg

Obama's Slogan

By Lee Cary
September 11, 2012

Forward, the Obama campaign's collectivist campaign slogan, targets undecided voters.

---

Obama's Forward is not aimed at his true believers who --- with cult-like adoration -- shed tears when he speaks, whatever he says. Nor will it have any play with those who've decided that his election defeat is critical to the future of the nation.

Obama's Forward targets the "marginal man," the "Undecided" voter, offering its collectivist connotations -- because we're all in this together. So let's all go Forward.

This implied togetherness of Forward stands in sharp contrast to Obama's class warfare meme, in all its various expressions. But lest we assume that the "marginal man" will discern any inconsistencies, Ellul dispelled that notion.

"[T]here is not necessarily any continuity between opinion or fixed patterns and action. There is neither consistency nor logic, and a man can perfectly well hold on to his property, his business, and his factory, and still vote Communist - or he can be enthusiastic about social justice and peace as described by the Communists, and still vote for a conservative party...The skillful propagandist will seek to obtain action without demanding consistency, without fighting prejudices and images, by taking his stance deliberately on inconsistencies." (p. 35)

Consider this inconsistency: Billionaire Warren Buffett -- whose company owes taxes going back ten years -- is warmly welcomed at the White House as an Obama supporter. Meanwhile, Obama criticizes the Rich for not paying their "fair share" of taxes, and slams Romney for allegedly having an off-shore bank account. And what about this one: General Electric's CEO Jeffrey Immelt chairs Obama's Job Council while GE exports thousands of jobs overseas.

There is no demand from any quarter for consistency because, as Ellul wrote, "the skillful propagandist will seek to obtain action without demanding consistency".

So the call of the Obama campaign goes out to his loyal followers and to the undecided alike - Forward. Don't look backward. Don't even look too closely at what's ahead going Forward.

Just march, and feel the emotion of motion moving Forward.

Particularly those of you with no clue as to what direction the nation ought to be moving.

Graphic hat tip: Anita Dunn

Read more: Articles: Obama's Slogan

Forum List

Back