2012: Epic Election

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
After watching the first GOP presidential debate there are two things I’m certain of: that Obama is much more beatable than what the media is saying, and Herman Cain is a serious contender.

I’ve been thinking about the implications of an articulate black conservative against the nation’s first liberal presidential election would entail. With the party that put forth questions of ‘is Obama black enough?’, is going to say about a black conservative. Here’s a preview: from the award winning news site Alternet:

As you know, I find black garbage pail kids black conservatives fascinating not because of what they believe, but rather because of how they entertain and perform for their White Conservative masters.

Herman Cain’s shtick is a version of race minstrelsy where he performs “authentic negritude” as wish fulfillment for White Conservative fantasies.

Black History Month is Herman Cain Playing the Race Minstrel for CPAC « SpeakEasy

A Cain nomination would undoubtedly invoke the left’s bigotry and hate. I think those insults and extreme comments would far outweigh the extreme minority of McCain supporters made about Obama. The left would viscously attack Cain, and I know they will not hesitate to use his race against him. Hell, I could see Sharpton calling him an ‘Uncle Tom’ publicly, someone would. He would most likely receive the most black votes of any GOP presidential candidate. The debate would be epic.

I am predicting 2012 to be the single most interesting presidential election in American history.

Last edited:
He'll be called an Uncle Town or a house negro, and attacked mercilessly by caring, compassionate and non-racist liberals!!!

And of course- stupid.

Cain is a good man, and should get about 20% of the black vote.

I sincerely hope that black people pay attention to the liberal media this time around, so they can learn that they must walk in lock step with the party or else. Maybe some will learn that they are nothing more than to tool for power for the dnc.

I sincerely hope that black people pay attention to the liberal media this time around, so they can learn that they must walk in lock step with the party or else. Maybe some will learn that they are nothing more than to tool for power for the dnc.

Why would you assume that he would get 20% of the Black vote?

I think Obama has adequately proven he's unqualified...

Although I'm fairly sure he'll be able to shake down the big corporations, his favorite lobbyists, the paid off unions but not much from the average American people, he's pretty well screwed them over...and over.. and over... etc..

He's completely failed on most of his campaign promises...

Last edited:
Of course Obama insn't unbeatable.

Being the encumbant does give him the edge though.

It the economy is still in the toilet he won't win re-election. Just ask Carter and Bush I.

Why would you assume that he would get 20% of the Black vote?

He's all black and talks like a preacher [at times], through in a few black conservatives, and I ballpark 20% of the black vote, should he run against Obama.

He won't make it. The cries that he's a token, an Uncle Tom, house ******, etc etc, will be more than most can bear, once the left moves in on his family....

Egad. Making excuses already for losing the 2012 election. Please, folks, wait until you have a candidate, and a campaign before you capitulate.

The OP makes me weep.

I’ve been thinking about the implications of an articulate black conservative
...as if there weren't articulate black conservatives before? Why do you have to make an extra special point to pull out the adjective articulate? Because you don't think Black people are normally articulate?

Wow. Just wow.

The OP makes me weep.

...as if there weren't articulate black conservatives before? Why do you have to make an extra special point to pull out the adjective articulate? Because you don't think Black people are normally articulate?

Wow. Just wow.

Um...it's only the vast majority of black people who are inarticulate IMO.

as if there weren't articulate black conservatives before? Why do you have to make an extra special point to pull out the adjective articulate? Because you don't think Black people are normally articulate?

Please! I was highlighting the fact that HE (Cain) is articulate. I wasn't making any statement about the average black person, but no there aren't too many articulate black conservatives on the same field as Cain, certainly none running.

If my comment offended, I'm sure Biden's comment "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," must have really made you cry your eyes out

The OP makes me weep.

Wow. Just wow.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. "I mean, that's a storybook, man. - Joe Biden about Obama

An epic election huh...

So Obama's Roman columns will much bigger this election?

Forum List

Back