2012 debunked by NASA

interesting point....

Why would they take the time to debunk such, unless there are some REAL possibilities in it?

Neither "The Day After" or "2012" are based on science. Mayan prophesies concern the end of a cycle, not the end of the world. Climate change, while the it can be rapid, is hardly that dramatic. A much more reasonable approach would be to have looked at what happened in 1816, in New England, and in 2008 in Australia.

Unfortunetly, Hook, you are correct. All too many people are far more willing to accept the dramatic, rather than the more mundane. And not willing at all to do the research into what is being stated.

NASA probably figured that if there were enough people stupid enough to put Mr Obama in the white house, they better do something to convince those stupid people that the world wasn't going to end.

NASA probably figured that if there were enough people stupid enough to put Mr Obama in the white house, they better do something to convince those stupid people that the world wasn't going to end.

Well, I will give President Obama at least a couple of years, seeing what he inherited from the brilliant Neo-cons that preceded him.

interesting point....

Why would they take the time to debunk such, unless there are some REAL possibilities in it?

But if you look at the science, there are exactly zero possibilities for catastrophe caused by the galactic non-alignment. There are, however, infinite possibilities for catastrophe caused by people who actually believe the hype that's been created to market a theory that's part Mayan belief, part astrology (NOT astronomy), part Hollywood and part pure ignorance.

AFP: NASA on Crusade to Debunk '2012' Apocalypse Myths

Of course my question is.... Did NASA or anyone else debunk the movie " The Day After"?

People are gonna believe what they want to believe. Fact and reality have little to do with some beliefs. BUT really? NASA felt a need to debunk this Hollywood Movie but no one felt a need to say anything official about " The Day After"?
Interesting the dichotomy of action vs. inaction when you have a vested interest in peddling a political agenda, huh?

Well, I will give President Obama at least a couple of years, seeing what he inherited from the brilliant Neo-cons that preceded him.

What he inherited, and how he chooses to address it won't cause the end of the world. Unless, he leads us into a nuclear war. I'm sure he is intent upon doing that as his last 4 predecessors were.

Shit, 2012 debunked?

We're just gonna skip, and go from 2011 to 2013? How you you debunk a calendar year?

I'm so confused.

Shit, 2012 debunked?

We're just gonna skip, and go from 2011 to 2013? How you you debunk a calendar year?

I'm so confused.

Debunk the whole of 2012 and miss all the fun, games and foam-flecked monitors of a Presidential cycle? Not on your life.

You mean you debunked a year without even thinking about the consequences ???

I like to cause paradoxes.

Just ask Professor Brown.

I hope he flunks your ass for messing with time before you even thought it through :lol:

Nah, he doesn't teach:

mt938770181.jpg

Forum List

Back