2012 could prove to be a disasterous year for Democrats

Yes because the Republicans show a better track record of not fucking things up...
They are just as culpable...could it be that we will see Ron Paul as a Perot-esque spoiler and go third party?

I wouldn't mind.
Alot wouldn't mind busting the Corporatism of BOTH parties that is holding this Republic in slavery. I am one of them.

The District of Criminals needs an enema.

They are just as culpable...could it be that we will see Ron Paul as a Perot-esque spoiler and go third party?

I wouldn't mind.
Alot wouldn't mind busting the Corporatism of BOTH parties that is holding this Republic in slavery. I am one of them.

The District of Criminals needs an enema.

What gets me is while I don't think Paul is a perfect candidate so many try and claim that is what people that support Paul think. There are many things I would change, but he is the only serious candidate that is different that stands a chance... So I take what is out there.

Maybe in another 4 years Gerry Johnson will be in a good spot.

LOL. Such a world of "possibilities" for Republicans...

Then we get to realities and look at their candidates.

Yeah yeah. It's the only mantra the Left has left:Sure we suck. Sure Obama's tenure has been a disaster. But look at the GOP.
The truth is every candidate on the GOP is a distinguished public servant with long service and achievement. They look bad because the media has made a career of tearing these guys down over nothing.
Imagine if Obama were subjected to the same scrutiny:
Voting present
Tony Rezko
No real experience
No legislative achievements
No leadership on Obamacare
Constant gaffes.

The worst GOP candidate would be mles ahead of him.

Obamacare possibly overturned.

Obama possibly overturned.

The senate may become controlled by the gop.

The Tea Party may remain intact in the house.

Things may become very volatile on USMB come 12 months from now. I wasn't here in 2008 to witness such a drastic change so I'm not sure what to expect.

The GOP should win the Senate easily. More Dem seats up for grabs than the GOP. If they don't, there should be some serious soul searching in the GOP. My guess is none of them have one so....lol

LOL. Such a world of "possibilities" for Republicans...

Then we get to realities and look at their candidates.

Yeah yeah. It's the only mantra the Left has left:Sure we suck. Sure Obama's tenure has been a disaster. But look at the GOP.
The truth is every candidate on the GOP is a distinguished public servant with long service and achievement. They look bad because the media has made a career of tearing these guys down over nothing.
Imagine if Obama were subjected to the same scrutiny:
Voting present
Tony Rezko
No real experience
No legislative achievements
No leadership on Obamacare
Constant gaffes.

The worst GOP candidate would be mles ahead of him.

As a supporter of Perry...you should like constant gaffes there Shirley.

Is he still running?

Things may become very volatile on USMB come 12 months from now. I wasn't here in 2008 to witness such a drastic change so I'm not sure what to expect.

You have no health care. All you know is the emergency room. If everyone had health care, I wouldn't have to pay so much for people like you.

The insurance that I have along with the required coverages for my business puts my cost probably about 20 times higher than yours. Your a fucking clueless idiot.

It's "you're", not "your".

Again, think before you post about someone else being a "fucking clueless idiot"

The ACA upheld.

Obama reelected.

The Senate remains in control of the democrats.

The Tea Party costs the GOP the house.

This is fun, anyone can do it!

You have no health care. All you know is the emergency room. If everyone had health care, I wouldn't have to pay so much for people like you.

The insurance that I have along with the required coverages for my business puts my cost probably about 20 times higher than yours. Your a fucking clueless idiot.

It's "you're", not "your".

Again, think before you post about someone else being a "fucking clueless idiot"

For the umpteenth time I'm on a phone. The screen is small, the keys even smaller. I type the message, you get the point. I'm not going to waste my time fixing errors be they mine or my phones assumptions about what I'm trying to type. Hell it capitalized words that shouldn't be and vice versa. If a grammar rebuttal is all you've got then you were done before you started.

Whether unemployment goes up or down, it will not many any difference, the average person who finds a job after a year or two of being unemployed wont vote for Obama knowing he/she will lose their job if O'Bozo gets re-elected. And so long as unemployment remains over 8%, Obama is toast. {now that is assuming there is no voter fraud again.

obvious poster is poster. ;)

There may be a few days of meltdown if all of that happens, and a few months of trash talking. Then folks will realize that the Republicans they just elected are a bunch of centrists, they'll get disgruntled. The guys in power will screw up. More trash talking will ensue, and it'll all start over again. Politics are fairly cyclical. Back in 2004 you had folks talking perpetual Republican Majority. Back in 2008 you had folks talking that demographics meant a perpetual Democrat Majority. It comes and goes.

I will say about your predictions:

Obamacare will survive in parts. Some of it is actually constitutional, and some of it is popular. Plus, if the GOP overturn it completely, it's gone as an issue. Flag Burning and Abortion aren't resolved for that issue either.

Obama is probably going to win re-election. Barely, but probably. The GOP is set to repeat the mistakes the Democrats made in 2004 and they themselves made in 1996. Run crap candidates, get crap results.

The Senate will probably flip GOP. I see that as almost an inevitability now. However, it's likely to be a VERY close split. That means the tactics the GOP have used since they got to 41 seats in the Senate will now be employed by the Democrats, and with Obama likely the guy in the office, nothing on the GOP agenda will advance. And nothing on the DNC agenda either, so more gridlock and more spending. yipee. :(

The House is pretty volatile again. I won't even try to make a prediction there. Some freshmen Tea Party folks will get beat, some will stay. Some incumbents will get beat, some will stay. Some seats will flip. Some won't. I imagine that it'll be a lot closer in the House making coalition building even more important, which means more power in the hands of centrist RINO's and DINO's while the Tea Party coalition finds itself without a date to dance.

I hate to be pessimistic, but at this point we're pretty much screwed. So enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
The ACA upheld.

Obama reelected.

Actually, it would be a good thing if the Supremes declared the present Health Care Law unconstitutional, and President Obama gets a second term, and the House and Senate are both heavily Dem. Then we can go for a full Universal Health Care System, and the hell with the present insurance industry. Make the system in the form of an income tax, and it is Constitutional.

The ACA upheld.

Obama reelected.

Actually, it would be a good thing if the Supremes declared the present Health Care Law unconstitutional, and President Obama gets a second term, and the House and Senate are both heavily Dem. Then we can go for a full Universal Health Care System, and the hell with the present insurance industry. Make the system in the form of an income tax, and it is Constitutional.

How much dope have you smoked this evening rockhead?
I remember after the last presidential election how you said the republicans were dead. You said after the 2010 election how republicans wouldn't be relevant any longer, remember saying that? You look stupid when you haven't a clue what your talking about, son.
Now your talking that crap again? :lol:

The ACA upheld.

Obama reelected.

How much dope have you smoked this evening rockhead?
I remember after the last presidential election how you said the republicans were dead. You said after the 2010 election how republicans wouldn't be relevant any longer, remember saying that? You look stupid when you haven't a clue what your talking about, son.
Now your talking that crap again? :lol:

Unfortunately most leftist share his opinions. With any luck this next election will be a referendum on the Left. And they will have their azz handed to them.

Republicans have put up a weak field to run against Obama. If Romney is the candidate, which is likely, Conservatives will stay home in droves

This will impact the Senate and House races. With Tea Baggers drawing the wrath of the public, they will pay a political price.

Obama will win the presidency

Republicans will take the Senate
Dems will take back the House

No American president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt has won a second term in office when the unemployment rate on Election Day topped 7.2 percent.
Seventeen months before the next election, it is increasingly clear that President Obama must defy that trend to keep his job. […]

Crisis eras have their own rules. Roosevelt was the second president to govern (and the first elected) during the last one. Obama is the second to govern (barely -- it started in the last year of Bush's second term, whereas Hoover had it whack him in his first year) and the first elected during the current one. In times like these, having the economy actually be GOOD is not necessary for reelection, as long as it's perceived to be IMPROVING. And it is. If it continues to do so, i.e. no double-dip recession before election day, Obama is a shoe-in.

Depending on how the voter-turnout patterns lie, we may or may not see comparable Democratic success in the Congressional elections. I think Rightwinger's prediction is probably accurate, given who's up for reelection in the Senate: it will go GOP, but the Democrats will retake the House, and keep the White House. But if the Tea Party does to the Republicans what proto-Occupy did to the Democrats in 2010, we could see a Democratic sweep.

What I don't think we'll see is Gramps' giddy scenario, barring another sharp economic downturn.

Last edited:
first the right will have to find a candidate who is not distroyed by the vetting process.

That has not happened yet

Republicans have put up a weak field to run against Obama. If Romney is the candidate, which is likely, Conservatives will stay home in droves

This will impact the Senate and House races. With Tea Baggers drawing the wrath of the public, they will pay a political price.

Obama will win the presidency

Republicans will take the Senate
Dems will take back the House

If it is Romney every Republican will put aside personal feelings and turn out in droves for him. The other possibility is too awful to contemplate.

Forum List

Back