Votes: 12 25.5%
  • landslide in Obamas favor

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • close for the gop

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • landslide for the gop

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
How can we guess at something like this when we don't even know who the Rep will be.

Well we know who Obama is and what he stands for.

Right but Ron Paul winning would be a lot different than Mitt winning the primaries. The energy would be very different.

I think anyone for the most part *could* beat Obama because at this point Obama has to run almost purely on damage control but again that's "at this point.*

Someone like Mitt VS Obama it could swing either way, Mitt is Obama, just Republican... Most conservatives don't really like Mitt so he will have about the same party energy as Obama. Again, if it's someone like Ron Paul he will have a bigger energy but he also has a lot against him, like the media.

How can we guess at something like this when we don't even know who the Rep will be.

Well we know who Obama is and what he stands for.

Right but Ron Paul winning would be a lot different than Mitt winning the primaries. The energy would be very different.

I think anyone for the most part *could* beat Obama because at this point Obama has to run almost purely on damage control but again that's "at this point.*

Someone like Mitt VS Obama it could swing either way, Mitt is Obama, just Republican... Most conservatives don't really like Mitt so he will have about the same party energy as Obama. Again, if it's someone like Ron Paul he will have a bigger energy but he also has a lot against him, like the media.

Ron Paul can not get more than 10% of the GOP primary vote.....he is a niche candidate with no nationwide prospects

The GOP candidate will be Romney or Perry they are the only ones capable of running a mainstream campaign

If Obama eases up on his tax and regulate agenda I think it could be close. I just don't see him doing that.

Granted he claims that he "negotiates and compromises" with republicans he can't stop complaining about it along the way. Constant news on tv with him crying for public support only irritates the masses. Kinda like when your watching your favorite show and breaking weather from 100 miles away always seems important enough to break in.

Honestly I just don't see "ANY" signs of moderation from him.

Then there is a really shitty economy that isn't gonna rebound for him to take credit for. And let's not forget Dodd/frank and ocare and his repeated desire to enforce wealth redistribution through taxes. Calls for civility one day then calling opponents terrorists the next. (i know, Biden but its all the same to the public)

Personally I believe Obama is done and if he's elected again I will lose faith in the publics ability to think rationally.

Judging that this administration is the most ANTI-BUSINESS one I have witnessed in my 58 years--you could Daffy Duck and the duck would beat Obama.

As far as him changing to create a more friendly business automosphere--it's clear he isn't going to do that.

Obama continues to threaten small business in this country with the 250K bracket--basically raising their taxes to 39% the same as multi-billion dollar corporations pay. Small business in this country--aka the largest employer of it--has tucked in like a turtle and is waiting for the threat to leave.

$promised-jobs.jpg

Some real fools (truly not a clue) here believe that a far right candidate (Paul, Bachmann, Palin, daffy duck) can beat Obama. Not a chance.

Romney and Perry as a ticket (either way) has a real chance to beat Obama.

He will?

Whew... thank GOD! I thought 'we' were going to be on the hook for all that. I hope his credit rating doesn't get downgraded.;)

Well, I'm certainly not saying he will own up to it... but it hanges squarely around his little pinhead.

I'm just curious if Dear Leader's minions will afford the new GOP president the same courtesy of using the "remember, I inherited this mess from the former administration" throughout the length of his presidency? Probably not.

Oh no, all the problems will have started on 1/20/2013. It will be as if Obama was never immaculated.

Wait for it....................

The crop of GOP candidates remind me of Walter Mondale and Mike Dukakis. Dull, uninspiring with no substantial groundswell of backing

Landslide by Obama

Dems will retake the House with a backlash against the Tea Party
Republicans will capture the Senate

The trouble with reality is that it's so real. The TEA party keeps bringing it to the fore while the Dems keep pushing it aside. Eventually, Reality will be the thing that most people see.

No matter how much you try to deny it, the debt is headed over 16 TRILLION DOLLARS. That's a jolt of reality that's going to be hard to side step.

The first consideration for the incoming Congress and President in 2012 will be the increase in the debt ceiling to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS. That is a number that will figure large in the election.

The problem with the Tea Party is that they hold a simplistic view of the economy. Their concentration on low taxes and spending cuts are already having catastrophic impact on our economy. Their unnecessary debt extension crisis created world wide panic and threatens our credit rating. Spending cuts will lead directly to job cuts

Tea Party policies on labor, abortion and gay marriage will come back to haunt them

Voters are starting to realize what Tea Party rhetoric really means

The only problem with your response is your complete ability to ignore reality and facts.

The tea party has been in for 6 months and every piece of their legislation still sits collecting dust on Reids desk. The policies that we are running under are Obamas policies. And the two years yall had prior to the current congress netted us what? NOTHING.

YOU CAN LIE TO YOURSELF BUT NO ONE ELSE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOU.

The trouble with reality is that it's so real. The TEA party keeps bringing it to the fore while the Dems keep pushing it aside. Eventually, Reality will be the thing that most people see.

No matter how much you try to deny it, the debt is headed over 16 TRILLION DOLLARS. That's a jolt of reality that's going to be hard to side step.

The first consideration for the incoming Congress and President in 2012 will be the increase in the debt ceiling to 20 TRILLION DOLLARS. That is a number that will figure large in the election.

The problem with the Tea Party is that they hold a simplistic view of the economy. Their concentration on low taxes and spending cuts are already having catastrophic impact on our economy. Their unnecessary debt extension crisis created world wide panic and threatens our credit rating. Spending cuts will lead directly to job cuts

Tea Party policies on labor, abortion and gay marriage will come back to haunt them

The only problem with your response is your complete ability to ignore reality and facts.

The tea party has been in for 6 months and every piece of their legislation still sits collecting dust on Reids desk. The policies that we are running under are Obamas policies. And the two years yall had prior to the current congress netted us what? NOTHING.

YOU CAN LIE TO YOURSELF BUT NO ONE ELSE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOU.

Rightwinger's world is about 180 degrees out-of-phase with reality... Shit, Palin's been living rent-free in his head since 2008!

Id vote for Obama before id vote for Romney

might as well sink the ship as fast as possible

so we can get on with the final frontier

Darwinism.

The crop of GOP candidates remind me of Walter Mondale and Mike Dukakis. Dull, uninspiring with no substantial groundswell of backing

Landslide by Obama

What TP policies are in place that you and only you are aware of? Enlighten the rest of us please. If I recall, we are under a shovel ready jobs stimulus policy that came from Dear Leader and his minions.......and that is why we are where we are.

Landslide by Obama

The problem you cite with the TEA Party is that they are saying that we are running up the debt too fast.

What is the actual problem? Choose one:
1. We are running up one hell of a debt very quickly.
2. The TEA Party is saying that we are running up one hell of a debt very quickly.

The TEA Party is saying that the drunk at the wheel is driving us off a cliff and it's time to grab the wheel before he does.

I see no evidence to counter their beliefs.

Their rhetoric is not difficult to decipher. Cut Spending and maintain taxes as they are. Taxed Enough Already is the accronym of the TEA party.

The rhetoric that is being deciphered is the dithering, meandering, history re-writing of the Big 0. Has anyone else noticed that "the rich" are suddenly those who make $200,000? How long will it be until "the rich" include all those who pay taxes?

We are already a minority, doncha know?

How's that 9.2% UER working out for ya?
Who isn't creating jobs?

:eusa_shhh:

What UER acronym are you referring to?

Please don't be stupid. Don't tell me Obama 1) Didn't create jobs, and 1) and be able to show me how the right did. OK. Just saying someone else didn't do anything, doesn't tell me what you did. IF you didn't do anything, then STFU, because people will be asking that crucial question.:lol:

Un
Employment
Rate has done nothing but climb since Barry took the reigns.

How can republicans do anything to help spur job growth? Any bill that leaves the house gets flushed in the senate.
Your ass-hats controlled the house AND senate, spend shitloads of money and we're still worse off than we were.

Not much longer, Shitstain.
We'll get the senate back *too* and show ya'll what supply-side economics does for job growth.
:eusa_whistle:

The unemployment rate will be blamed on the Republicans and those who don't pay attention will believe it.

I, personally, don't care which party wins in 2012. I don't see a Republican pretender that will offer us all that much of a difference from what we have right now. Until Washington sees the need to encourage businesses to invest in America, jobs and the economy are going to continue to falter if not get worse.

Note: I'm not blaming any person in particular but I blame politicians in general.

Immie

One of the defining issues in 2012 will in be medicare. Americans will NEVER vote in anyone who supported Rand Paul's budget or any cuts in Medicare.

They will also never elect any Tea Party nuts either.

Once they really see Perry's record in Texas he will be toast.

The best chance for the GOP is to go with a moderate candidate like Mitt Romney.

Is that because you believe Americans have a "gimmie, gimmie" attitude?

Immie

One of the defining issues in 2012 will in be medicare. Americans will NEVER vote in anyone who supported Rand Paul's budget or any cuts in Medicare.

The best chance for the GOP is to go with a moderate candidate like Mitt Romney.

Immie

Translated = Romney will never win.

Remember when the lefties told what a great candidate McCain would be?

:lol:

By the way...........Rubio will be the VP nominee so there goes the Hispanic vote for the Dums. The talking point will by, "He's a Tea Party guy!!" which will resonate with the hyper-partisan nutballs but the huge majority of Hispanics wont give a rats ass. Politics s0ns..........its politics...........:fu:

I hadn't thought about Rubio as a Veep Candidate. Is this a real possibility?

If you ask me, I hope not. Rubio is just too new to the national campaign. He needs to actually get his feet wet... hmmm, reminds me of someone else in national politics. If Rubio doesn't want to follow in those footsteps and be another failure, then he should hold fast for now.

Immie

Immie

Translated = Romney will never win.

Remember when the lefties told what a great candidate McCain would be?

:lol:

No, I don't. I suppose I wasn't listening to that. My mind was made up on McCain many many many moons ago. I would not have voted for that SOB, even though he is an American war hero, if the Republicans promised to give me personally the amount of the following week's Powerball Lottery... um, well, now that I think about it... what is one measly vote? /shrug :lol:

Immie

What TP policies are in place that you and only you are aware of? Enlighten the rest of us please. If I recall, we are under a shovel ready jobs stimulus policy that came from Dear Leader and his minions.......and that is why we are where we are.

We can start with the false crisis on extending the debt ceiling and tying spending cuts (budget process) and trying to get a constitutional amendment (Congress and the States)tied to the debt vote.

What was the result? Economic panic, stock market crash, potential credit derating, tying up Congress while there are more important economic concerns

We can start with the false crisis on extending the debt ceiling and tying spending cuts (budget process) and trying to get a constitutional amendment (Congress and the States)tied to the debt vote.

What was the result? Economic panic, stock market crash, potential credit derating, tying up Congress while there are more important economic concerns

Yes, the debt ceiling limit jumped up and suddenly caught us all by surprise! How in the world could that have happened? :rolleyes: Damn those sneaky Tea Partiers for hiding the issue until the last minute.

With the $2,400,000,000,000 walking around money that the Republicans just gave him to buy votes with, I don't see any way he can lose.

Yes, the debt ceiling limit jumped up and suddenly caught us all by surprise! How in the world could that have happened? :rolleyes: Damn those sneaky Tea Partiers for hiding the issue until the last minute.

Once again, the simplistic economic views of the Tea Party is making matters worse. Cutting spending now will cost jobs, the uncertainty about our legislative process and ability to function is causing panic around the globe.
The market is crashing because the Tea Party has disrupted the ability of Congress to resolve issues

Once again, the simplistic economic views of the Tea Party is making matters worse. Cutting spending now will cost jobs, the uncertainty about our legislative process and ability to function is causing panic around the globe.
The market is crashing because the Tea Party has disrupted the ability of Congress to resolve issues

:bsflag:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...-vs-household-budget-how-do-they-compare.html

Someone has to be the grownups in the room and that was what the TP did.

Forum List

Back