2011 Tornado season

Discussion in 'Environment' started by waltky, Apr 28, 2011.

1. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Alabama got hit hard...
    :eek:
    Alabama cities hit by twisters as death toll rises
    28 Apr.`11 - Tuscaloosa, Birmingham suburbs see damage from huge tornado

2. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    In prayers for all of these people...so sad!! And so scary!!! I've never seen anything like this and i'm almost 60 yrs old...:(

3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    damn the south is getting fucked up the ass with no lube.....last night...we had alerts till 2 am.....
    i moved to this area for one reason....no tornadoes.....i was in one as a child....and i remember that night and made a vow that i would never live in an area that had them...they have followed me...

ala, miss, tn, east nc....has been devastated by the latest round of storms.....seems like as soon as one round hits...another round is forming....

but are already beginning to regroup and rebuild....it is all we can do....

parts of the south are flooding as texas needs rain....and more rain...of course when the rain hits...it will flood the area, just seems the way of it now days.

4. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,257
    We need to send in Gigantor.......................

[​IMG]

LOL...........the hysterical ones will tell you this is the clear indication the earth is dying..............but this kind of pattern occurs every 50 years where you get the massive flooding you are seeing in the Ohio/Mississippi River area, accompanied with extreme tornado activity. The guy on the Weather Channel was talking about it two nights ago and in the "Bad News for the k00ks" thread I posted up, I threw up a link on HISTORY OF MIDWEST TORNADOS.

Just keeping up my role in here = to keep it real.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,366
    With 178 fellow Americans known dead from this storm, your idiocy is not humorous.

6. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,257
    SIcK outbreaks of tornado's is nothing new...........of course...........the k00ks bet on the fact that most people are going to be moved by whats happening NOW!!! Lets face it..........guys like Old Rocks..........any weather anomoly happens and the reaction is..................

[​IMG]

Some people are just more prone to reacting to life in a hysterical manner. I was at a wake the other night and one of the women who attended just threw herself all over the place wailing. People respond to life events differently...............alot of the environmental crowd tend to respond to regular life events with pronounced drama. It happens...............

But............

HISTORICAL TORNADO STATISTICS·

The most tornadoes in one year occurred in 2003, when 1,376 tornadoes were reported. 2003 also brought
    the highest number of tornadoes in a ten-day period (May 1st through May 10th): 412. May 2003 also
    tripled the average number of tornadoes for the month with a total of 543 tornadoes, compared to an
    average May total of 180.

· The Tri-State Tornado of March 18, 1925 claimed the most lives of any single tornado, killing 689 people
    in 3½ hours on its 219-mile long track. This tornado also was the third-fastest tornado on record, traveling
    at nearly 60 miles per hour.

· The most tornado deaths in one year following the inception of official severe weather forecasting by Air
    Force officials in 1951 occurred in 1953, when 519 people died from 422 tornadoes. Three of most deadly
    tornadoes of all time occurred in this year in three different places: Flint, MI; Waco, TX; and Worchester,
    MA.

· The costliest tornado in history occurred on May 3rd, 1999, when an F5 tornado devastated the Oklahoma
    City, OK suburb of Moore. This tornado caused more than $1 billion dollars in damage.
    · The most tornadoes occurring over a period of time occurred on April 3rd and 4th, 1974. This tornado
    outbreak, known as the “Super Outbreak”, produced 148 tornadoes in less than 24 hours from Michigan to
    Alabama. Several cities in this outbreak were hit twice from separate tornadoes, including Harvest, AL,
    which experienced an F5 tornado at 7:15 pm and an F4 tornado at 7:45 pm.

http://www.wildwildweather.com/united_states_tornado_history.pdf

Here in New York, on Long Island..........we used to get massive lightning/thudner storms here 20-30 years ago. Hardly ever happen anymore...........but they will again when the conditions are right. Thats the way weather is...........it always seems most fcukked up when its happening in the present. Who the hell can remember back to 2003 as referenced above.............seems like 1,000 years ago, plus, even back then, you didnt have this 24 hour update on severe weather you have now. Now its in your face every 5 mintues. Of course those who tend to the hysterical will become.............well..................hysterical.

We really need Gigantor..............

Rocks...........your limpwristed response to life leads me to one conclusion s0n. You're response to life events is gay

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. Rat in the Hat

Rat in the Hat Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    Or Voltron.

[​IMG]

8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,257
    Voltron is gay compared to Gigantor.................

Just as a follow up to Old Rocks assanine statement above.............you're talking about a guy who spends 5-6 days a week standing in a fcukking wood mill. I see death all the time for the last 30 years..........see tragedy ALL THE TIME. Just Friday morning last week 7am in the morning, I stood next to a gurney in a trauma room with two parents of their 28 year old disabled son who had just been pronounced.

Life is for the living s0ns............you never know when youre spending your last day on earth.

Meanwhile, here is Old Rocks using the deaths of some Americans to make it part of his "cause".........thats as fcukked up as it gets.

9. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Wow...i have NO idea why everyone is putting Old Rocks down for that statement...
    I actually agree with him. Why would anyone make jokes when so many people have died?? My son and family are in the path of these storms right now (Ft Bragg, NC) and i'm very worried!
    Yes - there have been other years that we've had horrible tornados, but still not like there has been (that i can find) in just one month (actually only the last couple weeks!). We need to keep these people in our prayers....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Isn't La Nina also credited with a quieter hurricane season as we had last year?...
    :confused:
    Why twister outbreak? La Nina eyed as key factor
    4/28/2011 - 1974's record tornadoes also happened during that periodic ocean cycle