2011 NFL Draft (live thread)

Lions fan here, I was glad to get Mikel LeShoure, we needed a good RB cuz Jahvid Best just can't carry the load by himself. I thought my Lions had a good draft, we got another real good DT, a very fast and quick WR to spread the defense, and LeShoure. Good trade for the Seahawks too, they got an extra 4th rounder out of it and moved up inthe 5th and 7th. Nobody is going to want to play against our DL for the next 10 years I think.

I think this is the second year in a row the Lions have had a very good draft. They are headed in the right direction for sure. Tough division though. Maybe it's optimistic but I would not be shocked if Detroit manages to finish second right behind GB.

Seattle still needs a lot of help and better be aggressive as Hell in free agency whenever that happens. I'm predicting some decent improvement from the Seahawks but with a tougher schedule than last year, it may not show in wins. Then again, in the NFC West, seven wins is enough! :redface:

Lions fan here, I was glad to get Mikel LeShoure, we needed a good RB cuz Jahvid Best just can't carry the load by himself. I thought my Lions had a good draft, we got another real good DT, a very fast and quick WR to spread the defense, and LeShoure. Good trade for the Seahawks too, they got an extra 4th rounder out of it and moved up inthe 5th and 7th. Nobody is going to want to play against our DL for the next 10 years I think.

I think this is the second year in a row the Lions have had a very good draft. They are headed in the right direction for sure. Tough division though. Maybe it's optimistic but I would not be shocked if Detroit manages to finish second right behind GB.

Seattle still needs a lot of help and better be aggressive as Hell in free agency whenever that happens. I'm predicting some decent improvement from the Seahawks but with a tougher schedule than last year, it may not show in wins. Then again, in the NFC West, seven wins is enough! :redface:

Actually, the Lions may have had 3 good drafts in a row. In 2009 they got QB Matt Stafford, TE Pettigrew, SS Delmas, MLB Levy, and backup DT Sammie Hill, all of whom have contributed. Then last year they got DT Suh, RB Best, and DB Speivey, and they pcked up some decent young FA talent too. Of course, Stafford has to find a way to stay upright, Shaun Hill is okay as a backup but you don't want to have to depend on him too much.

I see Minny and Chiago as declining, and GB is only good if Aaron Rodgers is under center. We beat them last year 7-3 when he left the game. So, I think the Lions have a shot at the division if they can stay healthy.

Good luck with your Hawks BTW, hopefully we got this CBA thing out of the way and get down to some football soon. Love to see how the FA signings go.

Forum List

Back