2011 Deficit: $1.5 Trillion...WTF, over?!?

Seriously. WTF?

After a rousing declaration of fiscal sanity during the state of the union last night, we get a nice face full of cold water this morning. What was the lesson learned by our representatives after the 2010 mid-terms? Simply that they should work together to screw us over rather than beating each other up for the opportunity. Once again, thank you to the most successful Congress in modern history!

Just think. If the 2.4 trillion dollar Bush/Republican tax cuts that did nothing for the ecomony never happened, we would be ahead nearly a trillion.

Likewise for the 5 trillion dollar "drugs for votes" bill the Republicans passed through reconciliation.

All we would have to pay for would be the two 3 trillion dollar wars.

So doubling down on stupid makes the Democrats smart? By all means, grab both ears and pull your head out of your ass.

Yea, lets just freeze spending, by not spending more over the massive increase we can say we have decreased spending.

Obama is going to decrease spending, from 10 trillion dollars to 9.5 trillion dollars, Obama is cutting spending half a trillion dollars over ten years, that is an accomplishment we all want. That is why we voted for the change, Obama got it, now we have to support Obama and his massive cuts in what Obama could of spent.

Someone got the point. Thank God! :clap2: :lol:

Seriously. WTF?

After a rousing declaration of fiscal sanity during the state of the union last night, we get a nice face full of cold water this morning. What was the lesson learned by our representatives after the 2010 mid-terms? Simply that they should work together to screw us over rather than beating each other up for the opportunity. Once again, thank you to the most successful Congress in modern history!

Just think. If the 2.4 trillion dollar Bush/Republican tax cuts that did nothing for the ecomony never happened, we would be ahead nearly a trillion.

Likewise for the 5 trillion dollar "drugs for votes" bill the Republicans passed through reconciliation.

So doubling down on stupid makes the Democrats smart? By all means, grab both ears and pull your head out of your ass.

The right wing always makes what they imagine to be, "insulting remarks". And to some, they are. But to me, they are saying, "I can't disagree and that makes me mad. So instead, I'm calling you names.

Seriously. WTF?

Poor you, why not just come to my house and steal directly, tax cuts, I pay 20k a year in tax, even more, that is not enough for you, how much more do you need rdean.

How about the 300 Trillion dollar debt we owe to retiring government bueacratic leeches who work in the TSA, the EPA, Homeland Security, wait until that bill gets discussed.

No tax in the world is enough for rdean,

My money is my private property, not rdeans, rdean demands the government force me to work for rdean.

You are an asshole rdean. Nothing more. Confiscating property through tax is theft, my money is my property.

Bush, Bush is exactly what any Democrat was or wanted to be, Bush did everything the Democrats wanted but because it was a so called Republican rdean does not like it.

Rdean is 1000% behind Obama's spending but what Bush spent was too much. Forget that the treasury stole record amounts of tax from the hard working private sector people. Forget all about how in the past high taxes has resulted in less revenue to the government, ignore all of history to be nothing more than a pure, partisan, ignorant hack that can only scream Bush.

There, do I deserve negative rep again for telling you how tired I am of supporting rdean's welfare checks.

Seriously. WTF?

Poor you, why not just come to my house and steal directly, tax cuts, I pay 20k a year in tax, even more, that is not enough for you, how much more do you need rdean.

How about the 300 Trillion dollar debt we owe to retiring government bueacratic leeches who work in the TSA, the EPA, Homeland Security, wait until that bill gets discussed.

No tax in the world is enough for rdean,

My money is my private property, not rdeans, rdean demands the government force me to work for rdean.

You are an asshole rdean. Nothing more. Confiscating property through tax is theft, my money is my property.

Bush, Bush is exactly what any Democrat was or wanted to be, Bush did everything the Democrats wanted but because it was a so called Republican rdean does not like it.

Rdean is 1000% behind Obama's spending but what Bush spent was too much. Forget that the treasury stole record amounts of tax from the hard working private sector people. Forget all about how in the past high taxes has resulted in less revenue to the government, ignore all of history to be nothing more than a pure, partisan, ignorant hack that can only scream Bush.

There, do I deserve negative rep again for telling you how tired I am of supporting rdean's welfare checks.

300 trillion? Is that like Obama's 200 million dollar a day trip to Asia?

Did you read the article?

Last year's tax-cut package alone will add roughly $400 billion to the deficit, the CBO said.

See, I told you so. THAT is why some of us fiscal conservatives opposed that deal. You know, the one I kept calling a 'budget buster'?

Oh yeah, now you remember.

We really need a facepalm smily.

Tax cuts do not increase the deficit. Spending does not increase the deficit. The only way to increase the deficit is to spend more money than you have.

Another point, that was not a tax cut, it was the lack of a tax increase.

Um, So your going to blame the new Republican House for Obama's 2011 Budget?

Now I have heard it all.

Why not, someone blamed Bush for it right in this thread.

What does some moron blaming Bush for it have to do with Anything? The Republican House that was just sworn in had no say, and no control over this years Deficit. You want to bitch at someone about it. Look at Democrats.

I had already pointed out that part myself, I am not the one blaming the wrong people.

Seriously. WTF?

You do understand that, as far as the budget is concerned, the year started in October, and the election was in November, don't you?

Just imagine what the deficit would have been had the last Congress actually done its job and passed a budget.

You do realize that the significant increase in this deficit from last year is the great "compromise" on taxes that took place in the lame duck congress AFTER the 2010 elections? That was my point. Those assholes said screw it, the elections are over so we're just doing whatever we want.

Umm

That did not increase the deficit, the refusal to cut spending, or even pass a budget, did. Besides, Obama, Pelosi, and Reid backed all but $800 million of that "tax increase" from the beginning, and that cost would have been spread over 10 years. That means that you can only attribute $80 million of the projected $1.4 trillion deficit to the Republicans you are trying to blame for a "significant increase" on that compromise you do not like.

The numbers do not back your statement up, did you take the same math course Obama did?

Last year's tax-cut package alone will add roughly $400 billion to the deficit, the CBO said.

See, I told you so. THAT is why some of us fiscal conservatives opposed that deal. You know, the one I kept calling a 'budget buster'?

Tax cuts do not increase the deficit. Spending does not increase the deficit. The only way to increase the deficit is to spend more money than you have.

What a bunch of semantic bullshit.

Tax cuts, when not accompanied with offsetting spending cuts, increase the deficit.

Setting aside the fact that it was not long ago that I straightened you out on your idiocy (and of course, like any well trained wingnut, you wait, then bring it all back as if no one had ever beaten you over the head before about it) setting all that aside,

Take it up with the CBO. They're the ones calculating the tax cuts as lost revenue and therefore as adding to the deficit.

Tax cuts, when not accompanied with offsetting spending cuts, increase the deficit.

No they will not. If the government is taking in more money than it spends a tax cut will not increase the deficit. You seem to be operating on the assumption that a deficit is automatically tied to taxes and spending. There is only one way to have a deficit, and that is to spend more money than you have.

Setting aside the fact that it was not long ago that I straightened you out on your idiocy (and of course, like any well trained wingnut, you wait, then bring it all back as if no one had ever beaten you over the head before about it) setting all that aside,

Take it up with the CBO. They're the ones calculating the tax cuts as lost revenue and therefore as adding to the deficit.

The CBO is not saying the tax cuts add to the deficit, they are saying the current spending levels, if they continue to increase at the projected rate, combined with the loss of projected revenue will combine to raise the deficit. The only people who are saying the tax cuts will raise the deficit are the people that think government spending is impossible.

No they will not. If the government is taking in more money than it spends a tax cut will not increase the deficit. You seem to be operating on the assumption that a deficit is automatically tied to taxes and spending. There is only one way to have a deficit, and that is to spend more money than you have.

Well no shit, Sherlock, it will decrease the surplus.

Tax has never been cut, not in any significant way. We need a real tax cut, the only way to reduce the budget is to reduce the amount the government can collect. Its that simple.

Reduce tax to one tax, a ten percent tax, no collecting of fees or anything else, one tax on on dollar, one time, when its spent, by one agency.

No local tax, no city tax, no county fees, nothing, no medicare tax or social security tax.

One thing not reported is how many people are losing their homes or walking away because of the tax on property. Think of the great bubble, a simple two bedroom house in California cost half a million dollars, taxed at a bit over 1%, thats a lot of tax, every year, talk about a sucker, these people are walking away from not being able to pay the tax as much as the mortgage. Of course you must live in an association if you live in California, and that association is an association within an association, another 300 to 500 a month on top of 400 a month in tax, a thousand dollars a month before you even pay the mortgage.

Tax is killing the country, tax has destroyed the American dream, Bush lowered taxes a bit, after everyone else before Bush raised taxes.

We have not seen a significant reduction in tax nor government, both are needed.

We have had almost a hundred years of heavy tax, where are all the jobs this tax created. In the government and that bill is how much, how much will it cost us to pay for the retirement of government employees, 50 or 60 trillion dollars we are not even discussing.

Government is now a tyranical monster with its boot on the throat of the worker.

Forum List

Back