Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sawks, Twins, and Phillies will win 100+ games. :eusa_shhh:

Our offense isn't going to be what it was in years past. I don't see 100 wins. I see around the same as usual, low 90's.

They're going to beat up the Mets and Nats real bad this year. That's where they'll get those seven extra wins from. Take that straight to the bank, son.

Nats always play us tough though.

Zimmerman kills us (unless he hasn't killed the chuck knoblauch syndrome this year :lol:)

Saw this
Liked it:

5495761824_b5524ebe47_b.jpg

As a Pirates fan, I've finally given up on caring about baseball. I grew up loving and playing the game, but between the ineptitude of the team's management and the general state of the economics of the game, it's just not as interesting anymore. Basically, they may as well make it about a 14-team league and turn the rest into their minor league systems.

How the fuck did I miss this thread?!

Less than a half hour til the season starts!

I'm still a lil pissed at Truthspeaker for not starting the 2011 thread.

Oh well, if things go right I will be fighting wit Xotoxi over the rights to start the thread next year.

Unfortunately baseball is quickly losing its popularity especially as the older generations die off. It is too slow and maybe too intellectual for todays kids. Children particpipation is declining rapidly. They now play soccer for some reason. I like baseball but the sport will gradually sink into obscurity in the next 20 or 30 years unless some drastic changes are made.

We have action on my fantasy team, people!

Brian McCann with a base hit and an RBI.

Holy fuck it's been a long winter!

Giants' Barry Zito Involved In Auto Accident - Baseball Nation

Tuesday morning, San Francisco Giants left-hander Barry Zito was involved in a two-car accident not far from his Los Angeles-area home. Henry Schulman (via SFGate):

Lt. Ana Brackpool, a watch commander, told The Chronicle that Zito was taken to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles with unknown injuries. A person who alerted The Chronicle to the accident said it was his understanding Zito was not seriously injured, though he was assisted out of his car by fire personnel. A source said he left the hospital and went home shortly after.​

As a Pirates fan, I've finally given up on caring about baseball. I grew up loving and playing the game, but between the ineptitude of the team's management and the general state of the economics of the game, it's just not as interesting anymore. Basically, they may as well make it about a 14-team league and turn the rest into their minor league systems.
You read my mind. I grew up a Pirates fan. Clemente, Stargell, Manny Sanguillen all the way through Dave Parker to Bobby Bonilla.

Small market teams have been crushed since 1994. To hell with baseball and the way that crappy business is run.

Steelers training camp is supposed to open in July, but the lockout....

No, the Pirates have been crushed.

The Rockies, Twins, Marlins, Diamonbacks and Rays have all had their moments.

Meanwhile, the Cubs, Mets, Orioles and Dodgers really haven't done too much of anything, despite their big market status.

Forum List

Back