2011 4Runner or Highlander?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
i want to get a new suv with 4 wheel drive. my current suv does not have 4 wheel drive. when i purchased it, it was 6000 less than a 4 wheel drive model, i now regret that decision.

i don't really like the new 4runner....so was thinking the highlander. i rarely off road, the 4 wheel drive will be for off roading on the beach at pismo, oregon beaches, and more importantly, canada in the winter.

4runner - true 4 wheel drive
highlander - a purported "full time" 4 wheel drive system

i've read reviews about the full time system and they generally are not positive. any thoughts?

The highlander diesel is the most popular vehicle among wealthy Americans...NOT to be confused with murkins.
Will your FreeDumb allow you to purchase a diesel model or do you need to move to a truly free country ?
Diesel is 16 cents a gallon in Caracas ( last time I was there/2007-8, during summer/Christmas)

why new? why not used?

i don't like the old style 4runners...i have a 2008, while i don't completely like the new style, it is somewhat better than the old....and i like the new highlanders much more than the old

i also like to be the first owner, keep it for 7-10 years....

why new? why not used?

i don't like the old style 4runners...i have a 2008, while i don't completely like the new style, it is somewhat better than the old....and i like the new highlanders much more than the old

i also like to be the first owner, keep it for 7-10 years....

If this is important to ya, as I suspect it is, Id go with the 4Runner. Yes, I am a bit biased as I own 3 of them, but they hold their value.

An all time 4 wheel drive system will see wear and tear that the true 4wd will not see as it is'nt being used all the time.

The Highlanders are'nt bad, but they dont hold their value as well.

Just my .02 cents.

Good luck :cool:

Hovercraft.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp9q_2uIk-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp9q_2uIk-M[/ame]

Forum List

Back