2010: The Rise of Republican Women

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, and Sharron Angle all won their primary races last night and are going to make strong runs at their respective positions.

Add in Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and we have a very impressive of smart, savvy, female politicians on the roster and not one of them rode on their husbands coattail to get where they are

Republicans: They're not just rich, white, male Country Club people anymore.

Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, and Sharron Angle all won their primary races last night and are going to make strong runs at their respective positions.

Add in Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and we have a very impressive of smart, savvy, female politicians on the roster and not one of them rode on their husbands coattail to get where they are

It's more the rise of Business women. It's going to be interesting. Meg Whitman spent 80 million just to beat her Republican challenger....the commercials were unrelenting and quite nasty. That was a record amount for a primary victory. Wonder how much she will spend for the race itself. At least it will be money going into our economy.

did Orly Tates win? That would be perfect! Bachman, Palin an dOily taint. Outstanding! They all represent the right perfectly.

Last edited:
It's more the rise of Business women. It's going to be interesting. Meg Whitman spent 80 million just to beat her Republican challenger....the commercials were unrelenting and quite nasty. That was a record amount for a primary victory. Wonder how much she will spend for the race itself. At least it will be money going into our economy.
I find it hard to take serious the words of a person who probably voted for Barack Obama.

In fact that's what I'm gonna' say to anyone who questions the qualifications of any of the Republican candidates:

Them: "You're gonna' vote for WHO? What are you thinking"?
Me: "What am thinking? Can't be worse than Barack Obama, THAT'S what I'm thinking!"

Whitman ran the most negative campaign I can remember; and watching Fiorina I expect she too will go all negative against Boxer.

Both women promise change, and suggest because they are outsiders they know best. Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done in a pluralistic system - and unless their ideas are more specific than support for the flag, apple pie and motherhood, as well as a disdain for taxes, they are doomed to irrelevance.

Thinkiing voters want specifics, morons vote on their emotions; both woemn promise jobs, jobs, jobs, but suggest they will reduce the government workforce.
Thinking people understand that if it is good policy to reduce the size of government, it must be done by attrition, not by waving a magic wand. More unemployed = greater stress on the entire economic system.
Whitman suggests taxes are too high and hurt small business; the taxes and fees (which in fact do harm small business) are primarily local taxes and fees - something a governor has zero control over. Her campaign rhetoric would be laughable but for the fact their are more stupid people voting then thinkers (yes, that is a shout out to crusaderfrank, a person never to be confused with someone who thinks).

Whitman ran the most negative campaign I can remember; and watching Fiorina I expect she too will go all negative against Boxer.

Both women promise change, and suggest because they are outsiders they know best. Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done in a pluralistic system - and unless their ideas are more specific than support for the flag, apple pie and motherhood, as well as a disdain for taxes, they are doomed to irrelevance.

Thinkiing voters want specifics, morons vote on their emotions; both woemn promise jobs, jobs, jobs, but suggest they will reduce the government workforce.
Thinking people understand that if it is good policy to reduce the size of government, it must be done by attrition, not by waving a magic wand. More unemployed = greater stress on the entire economic system.
Whitman suggests taxes are too high and hurt small business; the taxes and fees (which in fact do harm small business) are primarily local taxes and fees - something a governor has zero control over. Her campaign rhetoric would be laughable but for the fact their are more stupid people voting then thinkers (yes, that is a shout out to crusaderfrank, a person never to be confused with someone who thinks).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
:cuckoo::cuckoo:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:clap2::clap2:

Thats the funniest thing I've read in ages

What can I add, you always provide the evidence as to the truth of my bold statement.

Hmmmm......yes........ "BUSINESS Women"

Evul, nasty, women opposed to ........what?

Nancy Pelosi, professional politician, whose never made an honest dime in her life?

Barbara Boxer, who worked as a stock broker for 3 years before becoming a career politico?

Hillary Clinton, who married well?

Oh goody fucking gumdrops, now the demonRats have three more women to demonize demonize demonize..

Nancy Pelosi, professional politician, whose never made an honest dime in her life?

Barbara Boxer, who worked as a stock broker for 3 years before becoming a career politico?

You think Hillary Clinton married well? :lol:

Anyone else have a laugh over that one?

What can I add, you always provide the evidence as to the truth of my bold statement.

I laughed so hard at the "Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done.." I couldn't even read any further. I tired to read the rest of it but again when I read "Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done" I fell off my chair and have been hysterical for the past 10 minutes.

Every time I get up and read again, just knowing I'm coming up on "Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done" sends me into fits of laughter

I may have to cover that paragraph and read around it.

Anyone else have a laugh over that one?

Being hyper-partisan & arrogant suggests to me a basic misunderstanding of how one gets things done in a pluralistic system...

obama_hand_up.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2:

Being hyper-partisan & arrogant...

You think Hillary Clinton married well? :lol:

I assume her only credential for being in politics is that she is married to Bill Clinton.

A lot of women have done worse, and not gotten to be Sec. of State.

Carly Fiorina, I could win against her.

CARLY_S_COMEBACK_NYBZ212500x573.JPG

In 1999, Fiorina took over Hewlett-Packard, the troubled computer company, becoming one of the top women in Corporate America. Previously, she had built a successful career mostly in marketing and sales at AT&T and Lucent, but she had the not-so-good fortune to be taking the helm of an engineering-driven tech company as the tech boom was ending. Her solution to HP's ailments was controversial: buying Compaq. She pushed the $19 billion acquisition over the opposition of many HP stockholders, including, most notably, Walter Hewlett, the son of the company's founder, who argued the merger would not make HP more competitive.

In 2003, the company announced it would dismiss almost 18,000 people. (That year, the firm posted a $903 million loss on $56.6 billion in revenue.) When the outsourcing of jobs turned into a national political issue, Fiorina became the poster-girl for an industry campaign aimed at blocking any legislation that would restrict a company's ability to can American employees in favor of workers overseas.

In March 2004, after HP shareholders voted 1.21 billion to 925 million to expense stock options, she opposed the move, essentially opting to stick with accounting practices (that were used by other corporations) that did not reveal a company's true value. That same year, Forbes reported that Hewlett-Packard was "among many other U.S. companies that kept offices in Dubai and were linked to Iranian traders there."

The day she was dumped, the company's stock price rose 7 percent.

But Fiorina did fine for herself. She departed the company with a $21 million severance package. "I doubt very much that she's worried about making ends meet," Magin cracked.

Why Is Carly Fiorina - a Symbol of Corporate Excesses - McCain's Favorite CEO? | Mother Jones

--------------------------

Republican women are like Republican men. Only the woman like men in public.

Oh goody fucking gumdrops, now the demonRats have three more women to demonize demonize demonize..

Listen carefully WT, I'll try to type slowly so you might understand. Whitman ran an entirely negative campaign and purchased the nomination by spending a reported 80 million dollars. She has promised to cut 40,000 government jobs, though she has given no substance to how she will accomplish this goal, nor, has she or anyone it seems considered the consequences of laying off or firing 40,000 workers who buy products, pay rent and mortgages and will no longer provide a service for which they are currently compensated.

As a boss in the private sector Whitman had few restraints, she could rearrange the deck chairs on a whim whenever she chose. Not so as a governor. She has not shown any understanding of the root causes of the dysfunction in Sacramento and has insulted the majority in the legislature time and again.

Whitman is another in a long line of populists unable and unwilling to listen and learn; she will need to learn to seek compromise when necessary and look for pragmatic solutions to serious problems. Yet, she enters a race filled with ideology and promises but without a plan (or one she has not shared with the voters). She is focused on getting elected governor, if she pulls it off, she may wish she taken up a different hobby.

Last edited:

Carly Fiorina, I could win against her.

CARLY_S_COMEBACK_NYBZ212500x573.JPG

In 1999, Fiorina took over Hewlett-Packard, the troubled computer company, becoming one of the top women in Corporate America. Previously, she had built a successful career mostly in marketing and sales at AT&T and Lucent, but she had the not-so-good fortune to be taking the helm of an engineering-driven tech company as the tech boom was ending. Her solution to HP's ailments was controversial: buying Compaq. She pushed the $19 billion acquisition over the opposition of many HP stockholders, including, most notably, Walter Hewlett, the son of the company's founder, who argued the merger would not make HP more competitive.

In 2003, the company announced it would dismiss almost 18,000 people. (That year, the firm posted a $903 million loss on $56.6 billion in revenue.) When the outsourcing of jobs turned into a national political issue, Fiorina became the poster-girl for an industry campaign aimed at blocking any legislation that would restrict a company's ability to can American employees in favor of workers overseas.

In March 2004, after HP shareholders voted 1.21 billion to 925 million to expense stock options, she opposed the move, essentially opting to stick with accounting practices (that were used by other corporations) that did not reveal a company's true value. That same year, Forbes reported that Hewlett-Packard was "among many other U.S. companies that kept offices in Dubai and were linked to Iranian traders there."

The day she was dumped, the company's stock price rose 7 percent.

But Fiorina did fine for herself. She departed the company with a $21 million severance package. "I doubt very much that she's worried about making ends meet," Magin cracked.

Why Is Carly Fiorina - a Symbol of Corporate Excesses - McCain's Favorite CEO? | Mother Jones

--------------------------

Republican women are like Republican men. Only the woman like men in public.

She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined when they ran for office.

BTW, Obama got elected and the Dow plunged

Where is Biden anyway? Have they put out a BOLO for him?

Forum List

Back