2010 Penny

Huh, interesting. An art deco throwback it feels like. goes well with the Soviet Style logo work that P-BO is fond of.

What about it looks Soviet?

I see no wheat.

This one looks more Soviet:

wheatpenny.jpg

For comparison

Soviet_Union-1990-Coin-0.01.jpg

Weird russian grammar fact of the day....

The way russian count is one something, two of something three of something four of something, five of somethings.

Also the numbers one and two have gender.

In russian it is Kopeka, a feminine word. Geneitive plural of feminine nouns means the a ending goes away, so we talk about Kopek, which is plural when discussing it in the singular.

Also, the russian coin and currency way was 1,2,3,5,10,20,25.

And one last factoid, from the time of the revolution, up until the Gorbochov hyper inflation, kopek coins weighed the same in grams as their value. So it was possible to take a handful of coins and verify the honesty of scales down to the last gram

on pawn stars they had 'fractional money' which was used during the civil war..instead of using metal for coins..they used paper...for coins

but with debit cards..cash is slowly becoming a thing of the past...which sucks for my change jar

I have a lot of copins that I have collected and purchased through the years. I had 2 complete penny collections complete with 1909-S vdb, and the 1931-S. Had them in a safe, and some illegals broke in and stole the damn safe. They caught the mexicans, and got my safe back...but the collections were gone.
I keep the coins in a safe deposit box now. I have mostly PCGS graded silver dollars.

I don't have any of the 1909-S VDB pennies but I have two 1955 Double Die pennies. We have a big safe in the basement. They would get a hernia if they tried to steal this safe! There are few things I hate worst than a thief. I fool them though. I don't keep my coin collections in the safe. I hide it behind the book case. Nobody reads anymore so I think my collection is pretty safe.

Forum List

Back