2010 MLB Season Almost Over

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Is your favorite team out of the running yet? :lol:

I'm sitting here watching Texas at Baltimore on MASN2 and I'm thinkin': "what's the point"? Texas is 7 games ahead in the division and my Angels prolly aint gonna' catch em.

It's the seventh inning stretch. Texas leads 6-3.

Maybe the MLB should change the rules and make the top teams just play each other in the final quarter of the season? I know, It'll never happen. I just think the MLB season is a bit too long. Maybe shorten it to 100 games, increase number of playoff teams. Just a thought.

This is blasphemy the likes of which you should be crucified for.
I KNEW someone would run in here to defend the "sanctity of the game". But I can't ruin it anymore than Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens already have amirite? :lol:

If the MLB folded tomorrow, how would your life be different? Unless you play in the MLB or own a team your life would be unchanged.

I'm just sayin' something could be done this time of the year to make it a little more interesting.

This is blasphemy the likes of which you should be crucified for.
I KNEW someone would run in here to defend the "sanctity of the game". But I can't ruin it anymore than Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens already have amirite? :lol:

If the MLB folded tomorrow, how would your life be different? Unless you play in the MLB or own a team your life would be unchanged.

I'm just sayin' something could be done this time of the year to make it a little more interesting.

Steroids didn't ruin it. They led to an era which is now over, and baseball is back to what I would assume is all natural again. Considering offensive numbers are way down this year compared to the last 15, it's pretty safe to assume so.

Baseball is a passion for me the way anything you enjoy that much is a passion for you. Just because it's not important to YOU doesn't mean it shouldn't be important to anyone. That's kind of a liberal elitist way of looking it, just sayin. I played the game most of my childhood and into my adult years and now I play softball as a way to continue to live out that fantasy. It's got plenty of importance in my life. I don't spend every waking moment of my life worrying about politics and the rest of the shit about life that is otherwise depressing.

Last edited:
Seriously...

If we're going to talk about things unimportant to life, BASEBALL of all things certainly doesn't seem worthy of making the top ten list.

Every last mother fucking thing that comes on the TV is unimportant to life.

Baseball died for me about 15 years ago, when it became all about money and nothing about the game. They can pretend its all fixed now, and that its still "America's pastime" all they want, but their numbers are way down since the game went to hell and I don't expect them to come back. When you get your ass handed to you by football, golf, basketball and even Nascar week after week, don't tell me your "America's pastime" anymore.

Baseball is dead, and baseball did it to itself. I will forever hate the MLB for that, because one of the greatest joys of my life was opening day with my dad. The last game I attended was 14 years ago in St. Louis. It will forever be the last MLB game I attended, though I have watched literally hundreds opf NCAA games since.

Screw the bigs, just like they screwed us.

Seriously...If we're going to talk about things unimportant to life, BASEBALL of all things certainly doesn't seem worthy of making the top ten list. Every last mother fucking thing that comes on the TV is unimportant to life.
George Carlin said we could make Baseball more interesting if there were randomly placed land mines throughout the field.

"Batter hits the ball sharply to the gap, the shortstop moves to his right and... BOOM!" :lol:

Forum List

Back