2010 Initiatives: The Best Government Money Can Buy

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
I-1098, the high earners’ income tax/property tax relief measure–which has Bill Gates Sr. and other heavy hitters behind it–is the only non-corporate-backed initiative effort that managed to qualify for this year’s ballot. All the other volunteer efforts failed. Every other statewide initiative on our ballot this year has significant corporate backing.
Who’s trying to get Washington voters to make money for them? It’s getting to be an impressive list: BP, Tesoro, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Bank of America, USBank, Wells Fargo, Liberty Mutual, the American Beverage Association (a trade group dominated by Coke and Pepsico), and Safeway, among others.
What do they want us to pass? Here’s the roll call:

2010 Initiatives: The Best Government Money Can Buy :: Eat The State!

I-1098, the high earners’ income tax/property tax relief measure–which has Bill Gates Sr. and other heavy hitters behind it–is the only non-corporate-backed initiative effort that managed to qualify for this year’s ballot. All the other volunteer efforts failed. Every other statewide initiative on our ballot this year has significant corporate backing.
Who’s trying to get Washington voters to make money for them? It’s getting to be an impressive list: BP, Tesoro, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Bank of America, USBank, Wells Fargo, Liberty Mutual, the American Beverage Association (a trade group dominated by Coke and Pepsico), and Safeway, among others.
What do they want us to pass? Here’s the roll call:

2010 Initiatives: The Best Government Money Can Buy :: Eat The State!

Horay! I knew the founder of "Eat the state" almost 30 years ago in Seattle. Still kicking!

Forum List

Back