2010 Could Be Tough For Republicans

Nope, not what I was referencing at all.

"No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office." Constitution of the United States, Article 1 -- Section 6

FindLaw: Cases and Codes: U.S. Constitution

Send her back!

Or, is she quitting the Senate to take this job and thats why it is ok?

Very interesting though. Wonder how this will play out.

Send her back!

Or, is she quitting the Senate to take this job and thats why it is ok?

Very interesting though. Wonder how this will play out.

That's the point, it's not ok. As far as I know it's simply being ignored. Who needs the Constitution anyways, right?

I don't want them to lead from the left. Do you? I don't think independents want that either. And I'm sure conservatives/republicans don't want that.

So are you saying people on the left didn't show up or are you saying they voted GOP because the dems let them down.

Got any sites/sources to back that up? I'm calling BS on your theory.

I did not say the left voted for republicans .. I said "without enthusiasm from the left" .. meaning without enthusiastic support at the polls. Many sat it out or voted for Greens or other candidates.

Who cares what conservatives or republicans think?

Do you believe they spent any time wondering what liberals and democrats think when drafting their agenda?

You can call my theory anything you want .. doesn't alter history one iota, and whatever you believe, it still amounts to democrats in the White house a total of three terms in the last 40 years. The problem is the Democratic Party itself .. and stay tuned if you doubt that.

The liberty message is a far cry from Obama's "change." That being said, I still won't be expecting much. :tongue:

It's that "liberty" thing that seems so disgustingly disingenuous.

Isn't there a more intelligent name or charcterization for that message that doesn't rely on jingoistic meaningless terms?

It's that "liberty" thing that seems so disgustingly disingenuous.

Isn't there a more intelligent name or charcterization for that message that doesn't rely on jingoistic meaningless terms?

It doesn't matter what it's called, all that matters is that the people who run on the message stick to it if they get elected. Liberty isn't disingenuous, it's the people who pay lip service to it that are disingenuous.

You can call my theory anything you want .. doesn't alter history one iota, and whatever you believe, it still amounts to democrats in the White house a total of three terms in the last 40 years. The problem is the Democratic Party itself .. and stay tuned if you doubt that.

You're saying that the American voters voted out the Democratic majority in the early 90's because Clinton was too moderate? Yet they overwhelmingly voted him into a second term? What a hoot!

The way I remember it, the dems of the early 90's got too corrupt and got caught up in too many scandals and that's why they lost power.

But WIKI agrees with both of us: The U.S. Senate election, 1994 was an election held on November 8, in which the Republican Party was able to take control of the Senate from the Democrats by mobilizing voters discontented with congressional incumbents, the early presidency of Bill Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton's unsuccessful health care plan.

PS. We won in 2000 and 2004. Had the GOP not stole the last 2 elections, Democrats would have controlled the white house 23 of the last 35 years.

You're saying that the American voters voted out the Democratic majority in the early 90's because Clinton was too moderate? Yet they overwhelmingly voted him into a second term? What a hoot!

The way I remember it, the dems of the early 90's got too corrupt and got caught up in too many scandals and that's why they lost power.

But WIKI agrees with both of us: The U.S. Senate election, 1994 was an election held on November 8, in which the Republican Party was able to take control of the Senate from the Democrats by mobilizing voters discontented with congressional incumbents, the early presidency of Bill Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton's unsuccessful health care plan.

PS. We won in 2000 and 2004. Had the GOP not stole the last 2 elections, Democrats would have controlled the white house 23 of the last 35 years.

PS .. your "winning" in 2000 and 2004 is all in your head. In the really real world George Bush was the president. Feel free to blame that on Nader so I can remind you that if not for Perot, Clinton may have never been the president.

Republicans didn't steal the elections as much as democrats were too pussy-fied to stop them.

If only frogs had lips ...

Three terms in the last 40 years.

Sealy, wiki is not a credible source in a debate. It shouldn't even be mentioned, let alone sourced.

Sealy, wiki is not a credible source in a debate. It shouldn't even be mentioned, let alone sourced.
Any Source is credible in a Debate, unless and until you address the facts asserted by said Source and can PROVE them wrong.

PS .. your "winning" in 2000 and 2004 is all in your head. In the really real world George Bush was the president. Feel free to blame that on Nader so I can remind you that if not for Perot, Clinton may have never been the president.

Republicans didn't steal the elections as much as democrats were too pussy-fied to stop them.

If only frogs had lips ...

Three terms in the last 40 years.

I'm referring to Katherine Harris throwing out votes in Florida to STEAL the election in 2000 and Ken Blackwell in Ohio 2004 certifying the vote for GW before a recount could be done.

And that's not even the half of it. Rigged voting machines, challanging votes within 90 days of the election (illegal but done anyways) hanging chads, sending operatives down from the RNC to disrupt the recount, and then having the Supreme court decide Florida in Gore v Wade.

But if you choose to forget and get over the fact that the GOP stole the last two elections, that's your perogative.

Any Source is credible in a Debate, unless and until you address the facts asserted by said Source and can PROVE them wrong.

For the sake of not muddying the waters, I personally would prefer not to have to deal with wading through that kind of bullshit. It's a waste of debate time, bandwidth, etc.

College professors don't even allow it to be cited in course work. There's a REASON for that.

I'm referring to Katherine Harris throwing out votes in Florida to STEAL the election in 2000 and Ken Blackwell in Ohio 2004 certifying the vote for GW before a recount could be done.

And that's not even the half of it. Rigged voting machines, challanging votes within 90 days of the election (illegal but done anyways) hanging chads, sending operatives down from the RNC to disrupt the recount, and then having the Supreme court decide Florida in Gore v Wade.

But if you choose to forget and get over the fact that the GOP stole the last two elections, that's your perogative.
They stole nothing.

All legitimate recounts done according to the Law at the time show Bush Won in Florida in 2000.

And it was the Democrats who attempted to get Votes from our Military personel invalidated...

How Democratic, trying to invalidate the Vote of the very people protecting your Right's.

For the sake of not muddying the waters, I personally would prefer not to have to deal with wading through that kind of bullshit. It's a waste of debate time, bandwidth, etc.

College professors don't even allow it to be cited in course work. There's a REASON for that.
Understood.

When you can't address the facts, just throw out an Ad Hominem attack...

I see it all the time.

Wiki backed up his assertion, not mine. So if its good enough for me, thats all that matters. If you want to show me more proof Black as coal is correct, go for it. No one will stop you.

Now if you want to call me out for something I'm claiming and using wiki, let me know because then i'll find another source. But you'll have to provide me with some proof first that somehow my claims are false.

For example, can you show me anything better than WIKI on:

Tom Delay or K Street Project:

If I google either topic, WIKI is the best source. Or, any other source explaining these two things will automatically be deemed LIBERAL by you, so pahleeze :eusa_shhh: Let the grown ups talk.

Understood.

When you can't address the facts, just throw out an Ad Hominem attack...

I see it all the time.

Hey, feel free to use it if you want. Just understand that a source that is open for changes and additions to the general public is not a reliable source. Why bother sifting through it to prove something in it, when you can go straight to the horse's mouth?

You might as well just tap a guy walking down the street and ask him for his opinion.

They stole nothing.

All legitimate recounts done according to the Law at the time show Bush Won in Florida in 2000.

And it was the Democrats who attempted to get Votes from our Military personel invalidated...

How Democratic, trying to invalidate the Vote of the very people protecting your Right's.

Wrong. Show me that the dems threw away military votes and show me their reasoning. Show me anything on this subject.

And every tactic I mention that the GOP used in 2000 and 2004 was tried again in 2008, only this time we were ready. So they didn't get to toss out votes, turn people away, disinfranchise, cage voters, send operatives down to disrupt the recount or certify the vote before a recount could be done. We also made sure they didn't have rigged voting machines this time. So don't tell me about "the official count at the time" in Florida, because then you are admitting you don't know all the facts.

You can't challange/throw out votes within 90 days of an election. The GOP did it anyways. They tried again in 08 Colorado and a judge told them to PUT THOSE PEOPLE BACK ON THE ROLLS! :clap2:

They threw out thousands of votes in 2000 Florida, so any recount would be garbage.

The recount was ended by the Supreme court. Read the fucking justices opinions for god sakes. They didnt' complete the recount and then decide. Don't make up your own history. And I like how you worded your sentence so you have wiggle room on what you said. Are you being honest with me? Did you even read the justices opinions in Gore v Wade? I did. They said a recount would be "too much". Too costly. Something like that. I remember when I read it I thought, "not as costly as the last 4 years". So I must have read it in 2005.

They had to win in 2000. If not, they couldn't start the war in Iraq and launch the new Robber Baron era. PNAC had plans.

Hey, feel free to use it if you want. Just understand that a source that is open for changes and additions to the general public is not a reliable source. Why bother sifting through it to prove something in it, when you can go straight to the horse's mouth?

You might as well just tap a guy walking down the street and ask him for his opinion.

Hey, I found this on NPR. Or is that too liberal of a site for you?

In Washington, K Street is synonymous with the lobbying industry. The K Street Project, a Republican initiative to integrate lobbyists into the political power structure, had been linked to the current scandal with lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The K Street Project and Jack Abramoff : NPR

Because honestly, you're not going to find this on Fox News or any other corporate media outlet.

I hope the GOP spend the next four years building their own brand of WALNUT and figuring out to register dead Jewish people. :lol:

They stole nothing.

When my side has this much information on exactly how the GOP stole the 2000 and 2004 election, and all you have is a comeback that "because the supreme court said so", please. Do not question me. And I can't wait to learn how the Dems threw away the military vote.

A "poll tape" is the phrase used to describe a printout from an optical scan voting machine made the evening of an election, after the machine has read all the ballots and crunched the numbers on its internal computer. It shows the total results of the election in that location. The printout is signed by the polling officials present in that precinct/location, and then submitted to the county elections office as the official record of how the people in that particular precinct had voted. (Usually each location has only one single optical scanner/reader, and thus produces only one poll tape.)

Bev Harris of Black Box Voting - America's Elections Watchdog Group, the erstwhile investigator of electronic voting machines, along with people from Florida Fair Elections, showed up at Florida's Volusia County Elections Office on the afternoon of Tuesday, November 16, 2004, and asked to see, under a public records request, each of the poll tapes for the 100+ optical scanners in the precincts in that county. The elections workers - having been notified in advance of her request - handed her a set of printouts, oddly dated November 15 and lacking signatures.

Bev pointed out that the printouts given her were not the original poll tapes and had no signatures, and thus were not what she'd requested. Obligingly, they told her that the originals were held in another location, the Elections Office's Warehouse, and that since it was the end of the day they should meet Bev the following morning to show them to her.

Bev showed up bright and early the morning of Wednesday the 17th - well before the scheduled meeting - and discovered three of the elections officials in the Elections Warehouse standing over a table covered with what looked like poll tapes. When they saw Bev and her friends, Bev told me in a telephone interview less than an hour later, "They immediately shoved us out and slammed the door."

In a way, that was a blessing, because it led to the stinking evidence.

"On the porch was a garbage bag," Bev said, "and so I looked in it and, and lo and behold, there were public record tapes."

Thrown away. Discarded. Waiting to be hauled off.

ThomHartmann.com - 'Stinking Evidence' of Possible Election Fraud Found in Florida

Forum List

Back