2010 Could Be Tough For Republicans

Ron Paul got less than 50,000 votes in Ohio.

Ohio is a state full of old, mostly red, white, and blue conservatives.

I wouldn't be expecting to much change to happen in Ohio.

Well, we can try to get the message out and hope people believe in it.

A bit of historical perspective.

Bill Clinton went into office as president with about the same majority in the House and Senate that Obama now has .. two years later, the republicans were back in control of Congress.

Obama will bend over, drop his pants, and lead the republicans back into power.

What did Clinton do that caused America to give the GOP the majority? He & Obama both walked into Bush recessions.

I think our electoral process is rigged. Democrats only win when things get REALLY bad. And when things are good under the Democrats watch, America seems to get cocky and fall for the GOP's bullshit of lowered taxes and fiscal responsibility.

I know too many broke idiots who voted for Bush in 2004 because he gave them $300 in 2003. I'll quote them. "That's more than Clinton ever gave me". :cuckoo:

sealy, I won't be wasting my time getting into any kind of large debate with you, I've learned my lesson.

Twist that to mean whatever you want it to mean.

So you don't know of any specific regulations that are the source of the problem yet you continue to say that we need more deregulations.

Got it.

Good. They've been like alcoholics. They need to hit rock bottom before they'll change (or fade into nothingness.)

No, all they need to do is bitch about the Democrats for the next couple years. Bitch about the taxes, which are necessary. Bitch about the regulations, which are necessary. Bitch about the spending, which is necessary.

Just keep saying you are for smaller government, fiscal responsibility and lowering taxes. People love to hear that shit.

And when they get back into office, they don't have to do anything they promised to do.

And NEVER admit you are wrong.

And be corrupt right away. If you are caught, just bring up Randy Duke Cunningham. That'll make it ok. :lol:

Ron Paul got less than 50,000 votes in Ohio.

Ohio is a state full of old, mostly red, white, and blue conservatives.

I wouldn't be expecting to much change to happen in Ohio.

And the GOP will just blackball him again.

Or are you suggesting Dr. Paul run as something other than a Republican? Then he can't win, and you know it.

Oh yeah I am sure the Buckeyes are going to re-elect a Republican.

After all Ohio is doing so well after 8 years of a Republican run nation, isn't it?

Ohio unemployment rate highest in 15 years

August 15, 2008 17:41PM

The July rate jumped to 7.2 percent, up from 6.6 percent in June, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services reported Friday. The 7.2 percent figure is the worst since December 1992 and much higher than the 5.7 percent unemployment rate nationwide.

The state lost 11,600 jobs in July, wiping out job gains earlier this year and pushing Ohio into a net loss of jobs year to date.

"It wasn't pretty, was it?" mused economist Ken Mayland of ClearView Economics in Pepper Pike.
Mayland noted that: "slowdowns tend to hit Ohio harder because of the dependence on manufacturing."

Within manufacturing, Ohio is above-average dependent on the auto industry, which also is hurting. And within the auto industry, Ohio is overly dependent on the three domestic automakers -- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler -- which are hurting more than overseas automakers, Mayland said.

George Zeller, a Cleveland economic research analyst, said he was particularly disturbed that the job losses were across virtually all sectors, including health care. "Even our strongest growing industry lost jobs last month," he said, adding that that doesn't bode well for the overall economy.

It was also discouraging, Zeller said, that June's jobs number for Ohio was revised downward. Last month, there was some "tentative optimism" based on the June figures, but now that's wiped out, he said.

"You could ask, 'Is the worst behind us now?' Unfortunately, I don't think so," Mayland said. "And in terms of the state's unemployment rate, I think it's going to get worse."

redacted from source

Last edited:
I can agree with that .. but if you're selling the same "change" that Obama is offering .. I wouldn't expect too much.

The liberty message is a far cry from Obama's "change." That being said, I still won't be expecting much. :tongue:

It sounds as though you are saying the Clinton years were a complete failure. Is that what you're saying?

No. The Clinton years were good, but he and the Newt congress did some things that helped create the mess we have now.

NAFTA and Deregulating the media are 2 of those things that happened during the Clinton years.

NAFTA is hurting labor and deregulating the media allowed guys like Rupert Murdoc to buy up all the radio/tv/newspapers.

Consider this. Back when 1000 people owned radio stations, they each had station managers, radio personalities, people answering the phones, etc. Today we have 10 companies that own everything. Think about all the people who lost their jobs. Basically, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 killed an entire industry.

No wonder jobs are scarce.

We should break up the media monopoly and sell those radio stations back to the mom and pop small business owners who employed hard working Americans who knew how to get er done.

But Clinton got er did, and that's why I didn't vote for his wife.

No. The Clinton years were good, but he and the Newt congress did some things that helped create the mess we have now.

NAFTA and Deregulating the media are 2 of those things that happened during the Clinton years.

NAFTA is hurting labor and deregulating the media allowed guys like Rupert Murdoc to buy up all the radio/tv/newspapers.

Consider this. Back when 1000 people owned radio stations, they each had station managers, radio personalities, people answering the phones, etc. Today we have 10 companies that own everything. Think about all the people who lost their jobs. Basically, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 killed an entire industry.

No wonder jobs are scarce.

We should break up the media monopoly and sell those radio stations back to the mom and pop small business owners who employed hard working Americans who knew how to get er done.

But Clinton got er did, and that's why I didn't vote for his wife.

So the Clinton years weren't a complete failure, but what happened during that time helped create the mess we have today. Gotcha. So what do you think about Hillary being Obama's Secretary of State?

What did Clinton do that caused America to give the GOP the majority? He & Obama both walked into Bush recessions.

I think our electoral process is rigged. Democrats only win when things get REALLY bad. And when things are good under the Democrats watch, America seems to get cocky and fall for the GOP's bullshit of lowered taxes and fiscal responsibility.

I know too many broke idiots who voted for Bush in 2004 because he gave them $300 in 2003. I'll quote them. "That's more than Clinton ever gave me". :cuckoo:

The problem is that the Democratic Party is not a party for the left. It's a party of centrists. Clinton, like Obama, campaigned left, then governed to to the center/right. When the next election rolled around, and without enthusiasm from the left, the democratic congress paid the price.

Obama believes that he no longer needs the left.

We'll see.

So what do you think about Hillary being Obama's Secretary of State?

Well I'm watching her "hearing" on CNN right now, and I've yet to hear anyone question the Constitutionality of her appointment. Perhaps I missed it, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's not even being brought up in the least.

The problem is that the Democratic Party is not a party for the left. It's a party of centrists. Clinton, like Obama, campaigned left, then governed to to the center/right. When the next election rolled around, and without enthusiasm from the left, the democratic congress paid the price.

Obama believes that he no longer needs the left.

We'll see.

I don't want them to lead from the left. Do you? I don't think independents want that either. And I'm sure conservatives/republicans don't want that.

So are you saying people on the left didn't show up or are you saying they voted GOP because the dems let them down.

Got any sites/sources to back that up? I'm calling BS on your theory.

Well I'm watching her "hearing" on CNN right now, and I've yet to hear anyone question the Constitutionality of her appointment. Perhaps I missed it, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's not even being brought up in the least.

It was brought up yesterday on MSNBC. They said the $ Bill gets from foreign countries shouldn't be a problem.

Funny now you have a problem with conflicts of interest.

It was brought up yesterday on MSNBC. They said the $ Bill gets from foreign countries shouldn't be a problem.

Funny now you have a problem with conflicts of interest.

Nope, not what I was referencing at all.

"No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office." Constitution of the United States, Article 1 -- Section 6

FindLaw: Cases and Codes: U.S. Constitution

So the Clinton years weren't a complete failure, but what happened during that time helped create the mess we have today. Gotcha. So what do you think about Hillary being Obama's Secretary of State?

I didn't vote for Hillary because I view her and Bill as Democratic good old boys, just like Bush/McCain are Republican good old boys.

She'll do a great job as Secretary of state. That has nothing to do with the middle class or labor.

Obama will do more for the middle class than Hillary would have.

What I worry about is lobbyists getting to Obama and making deals with him to continue giving them tax breaks for their overseas operations.

Or, Obama was going to end the unfair Bush tax cuts. Now he's just going to let them expire in 2012. That makes me worry that he's giving in too much to corporate America. It is corporations that are killing the American way.

Lets see how tough Obama will be with them. Will he be tough like FDR? Do you know that the rich people in America called FDR a traitor to his class? He came from money, so when he "shared the wealth", the rich got very mad at him.

I think/hope Obama will be the next FDR/Kennedy. You assume he's going to be the next Bush. If his results are as good as Clinton's, I'll be happy.

See, it wasn't NAFTA that killed the American dream, it was all the additional acts/bills/laws/tax breaks/loopholes that the GOP came up with when they were in control from 2000-2006.

Just look at the record profits corporations had from 2004-2006. RECORD PROFITS!!! Did they share that with labor? Fuck no! The CEO's got all those profits. Now where is the money? Where did it go? It's gone!!!

Forum List

Back