2010 Could Be Tough For Republicans

Think about it with a supermajority in the house and senate, they could theoritically add amendments to the constitution or even call for another constitutional convention! Scary!

Actually, we are already close to doing just that...

Less than a handful of States need to call for it and they will have the Super Majority it calls for to have a Constitutional Congress.

Yep.

Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and Obama...

You know who were telling us Fannie and Freddie were alright, right?

And who Sued the Banks back in the mid and late 90's to make all those high risk Loans, right?

Can you say Barack Obama?

I knew you could.

What do you think he was doing for ACORN?

In the 90's, when we had a great economy and a lot of jobs, there was no reason why all those people shouldn't own homes. Do you think the Dems would tell Freddy & Fanny today to give poor people loans? No fucking way.

And it wasn't just poor people foreclosing on homes that caused the meltdown. Do you know that even Ed McMahon is losing his home?

The idea that poor people are the ones that took down the global economy is laughable. It makes you seem foolish.

Of course the dems argued to help poor people get homes, in the fucking 90's. They didn't know what the GOP was going to do to the jobs market in the next few years.

And don't forget sub prime adjustable mortgages. Don't forget the GOP deregulated that industry and allowed them to make thousands of bad loans that they should have known would foreclose. And then they bundled those loans up and sold them to the next biggest bank. And they made money doing this. Then those banks sold them off too, and they made money. Then they sold them to the top banks, and they will make money too. But because they also bought up a bunch of bad loans, they used that as an excuse why they needed $750 billion from us tax payers. And then under Bush/Paulson, they will not tell us where the first $350 went. No accounting for that money. Its just gone.

So yea, it was Freddy and Fanny. :cuckoo:

By the way, welcome.

The idea that poor people are the ones that took down the global economy is laughable. It makes you seem foolish.

When they started defaulting on Loans that they had no money down in, it started making the paper their loans had been sold to worthless, which was the beginning of the collapse of the Economy.

It took a few years for such loans to start dominating the Business, and then make foreclosures a serious problem. Whn less than 1% of Loans are defaulting, the Paper still has worth, when it becomes 10% - 20%, then it becomes worthless, as far as the Market is concerned.

Wishful thinking. Depending on what the Democrats managed to do or not do in the next two years will determine whether they even stay in power.

And don't forget sub prime adjustable mortgages. Don't forget the GOP deregulated that industry and allowed them to make thousands of bad loans that they should have known would foreclose. And then they bundled those loans up and sold them to the next biggest bank. And they made money doing this. Then those banks sold them off too, and they made money. Then they sold them to the top banks, and they will make money too. But because they also bought up a bunch of bad loans, they used that as an excuse why they needed $750 billion from us tax payers. And then under Bush/Paulson, they will not tell us where the first $350 went. No accounting for that money. Its just gone.

So yea, it was Freddy and Fanny.

Nice of you to admit it, now you need to go look at who made the Rule changes, and when.

It wasn't the GOP, from 2004 on both the White House and McCain were calling for updated Regulation on Freddie and Fannie, as Frank was telling everyone everything was ok...

Less than a handful of States need to call for it and they will have the Super Majority it calls for to have a Constitutional Congress.

Ohio recently voted against supporting a Constitutional Congress, which I'm very relieved about.

2010 Could Be Tough For Republicans

could be. should be. but...

two years (1 year and 9 months?) is a life time in politics. what were people saying about the Dems and the GOP in 2004? witness the 2006 elections.

---

only a fool would bet on anything this far out. that said,.. it looks like the Dems will take over the whole government majority...minus some crazy shit involving Obama or the Dem leadership. now would you bet the farm on Obama or the Dem leadership?

Nice of you to admit it, now you need to go look at who made the Rule changes, and when.

It wasn't the GOP, from 2004 on both the White House and McCain were calling for updated Regulation on Freddie and Fannie, as Frank was telling everyone everything was ok...

Yes, the White House was saying that, but then supporting those that scuttled the corrections that Hagel and other Republicans tried to do in 2006. Gave an illegal two million from Fannie Mae funds to do it with. Much blame on all in this mess, but the only people that had the power to head it off were the Republicans, and they just excaberated the situation. So it is their Depression for the second time.

What is 1 vote away from a filibuster in the Senate. The house is scary close to a super-majority. 2009 is going to be a chaos. It will make 2008 not look so bad. The R's will get the blame whole-heartedly. The R's running for office will not be able to raise funds and the D's will have their 3rd straight blood bath at the polls!

They will have the power to reform whatever they want, from immigration, to taxes to healthcare.

I just pray Obama is as smart as people are making him out to

Ohio recently voted against supporting a Constitutional Congress, which I'm very relieved about.

Same with IL, but a federal constitutional convention can be called by a supermajority in both the house and senate! Do you think for one second the liberal Democrats are not having wet-dreams about this? The 2nd amendment will be attacked head on!

If it were only Freddy & fanny people getting foreclosed on, you would have a point, but because they are just a small percentage of the problem....

And if the economy were "strong", like McCain & Bush claimed, those people who lost their jobs would have just gone out and gotten new ones. But you know that is not the case.

I don't think you realize just how many people are losing their homes. Even people who are working are losing their homes. They are not poor people. One girl I work with makes $90K. But she got a divorce and can't afford the house payment, plus the house lost value, so fuck it, she's just walking away.

To suggest Freddy & fanny are the root cause of this makes you seem very dumb. Brainwashed by the right. Swallow everything they tell you?

Same with IL, but a federal constitutional convention can be called by a supermajority in both the house and senate! Do you think for one second the liberal Democrats are not having wet-dreams about this? The 2nd amendment will be attacked head on!

I just noticed that I said "Constitutional Congress," which is of course an oxymoron.

I'm sure the second amendment would be beaten to death in a Constitutional Convention, and I'm sure many other protections and government limitations would be considered "antiquated" and done away with. Though I would no sooner trust a Republican over a Democrat when it came to having free reign over the Constitution.

If I may invoke the spirit of Patrick Henry; I smell a rat behind these Conventions, tending towards further centralization.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back