Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i'm re-electing all my representatives, they are doing a good job

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I dont vote/dont care

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I'm voting for 3rd party candidates because the DNC and RNC suck

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Be pragmatic. If your Rep. has represented you well, vote for his re-election. Throwing out the whole congress will produce a bunch of know-nothings, at least as to how to get things done in there; it's akin to throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

(snipped)

Unfortunately, there are few instances of "represented you well" on the whole. And I fail to see the logic of "will produce a bunch of know-nothings" since we have a system in place that is supposed to ensure that they don't sit and atrophy in their chairs while they're getting nothing done. The same applies for the office of President, except there are is a term limit that ensures some new blood at least every 8 years. The problem is that the people are too damned lazy to do their research -- to find out if they're being represented, to find out if the bath water needs to be changed, to find out what type of water is appropriate for the replacement.

You are right of course, about the need to know who your representative is, but also it's important to know how other representatives in your state congressional delegation are voting. Some "safe districts" can't be influenced, these are hard Ds. If we threw out everyone (even if we could - which we can't) without examining their voting record, the ones who would not get thrown out would be the reps in the "safe" districts, leaving the ones which we might have a chance of influencing to get thrown out.

Notice we have some soft Ds in our state. In Indiana we are generally represented well. Here are our representatives their party affiliation and how they voted on H.R.2454: American Clean Energy and Security Act - Cap and Trade
Voted against
1st d. Pete Visclosky (D)
2d Joe Donelly (D)
3d Mark Sowder (R)
4th Steve Buyer (R)
5th Dan Burton (R)
6th Mike Pence (R)
8th Brad Ellsworth (D)

Voted for
7th d. André Carson (D)
9th d. Baron Hill (D)

I donate money to representatives or opponents of representatives outside my own district, for their campaigns. I write my congressman and both my US Senators periodically, letting them know what I think about their votes and activities. I talk politics every chance I get with my associates, doing my best to inform and influence, especially the younger novice, and concentrate most heavily on the "never have" voter. They particularly need help in forming opinions. Whenever possible I disrupt idealism as a non funtioning non productive philosophy. They need to understand what is do-able and not do-able. They also need to consider what is in their long range good. Generally, what is good for the country and it's economy is good for the people as a whole.

You can donate to others 'til your wallet runs dry, but you still can't vote for them. Sadly, it ultimately does come down to who has the biggest financial war chest and the biggest political clout (recognition). The newcomer doesn't have a hope in hell without the first, and certainly can't get the second without that.

The only reason our Daddy Warbucks governor is being seriously threatened is because his opponent does have recognition, and just about everyone is critical of his handling of the budget and this financial crisis as it pertains to us. One would think that the former CEO of Goldman Sachs would be better equipped to deal with those matters, wouldn't one....

Time for any and all incumbents, regardless of their political party, to be tossed out of Congress. Congress only has a 13% approval rating, so any of the dirtbags that we can get tossed out will help empty the trash.

How are you going to vote
Im going to vote against all incumbents, regardless of party
i'm going to vote against incumbents in the "other" party only
i'm going to vote against incumbents in "my" party only
i'm re-electing all my representatives, they are doing a good job
I dont vote/dont care
I'm voting for 3rd party candidates because the DNC and RNC suck

None of the above?

I'm waiting to see what each candidate has to say and voting on an individual basis depending on that.

You left out

"I'm going to vote for the candidate best qualified for the position regardless if they are the incumbent or not"

Last edited:
I plan on voting against every single one of these dirtbags that call themselves representatives.

Our congress, be it the house or senate, are a bunch of non-representing representatives.

Its as if the British Red Coats were in charge once again doing whatever is best for themselves irregardless of the consitution.

I say kick them all out of office, and then do it again every election for the next several cycles until they get the hint.

WE ARE NOT HAPPY, WE ARE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Am I the only one or are some of you feeling like this too?

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a democrat, I AM AN AMERICAN!!!!! Start respecting my country, my consitution, and our national heritage or get fired/voted out.

Add your 2 cents people.

I will be voting against all 3, both Senators and my Representative. The Senators are both Democrats and the Representative is supposedly a Republican. At the State level I will be voting FOR my Senator and my Representative, they are both Republicans in a State run by Democrats. I will be voting for the Sheriff who is a democrat. I will be voting for republicans on the County Commission.

I plan on voting against every single one of these dirtbags that call themselves representatives.

Our congress, be it the house or senate, are a bunch of non-representing representatives.

Its as if the British Red Coats were in charge once again doing whatever is best for themselves irregardless of the consitution.

I say kick them all out of office, and then do it again every election for the next several cycles until they get the hint.

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a democrat, I AM AN AMERICAN!!!!! Start respecting my country, my consitution, and our national heritage or get fired/voted out.

Add your 2 cents people.

Your hat is on too tight.
The British, inbred, Redjackets ARE in power. Always have been. They just gave you a new flag and a neato "rule book", that they alter on a whim, that makes you feel otherwise.

Last edited:
Only 3 voters?

No wonder why we have so many dirtbags in congress :lol:

:funnyface:

Now vote before I have to :whip: y'all lol

Got research to do still. 2010 is a bit aways.

Where I am I only have a Representative to vote on and I'm not overly familiar with what he's been up to.

Well... the key element missing was, "voting for anyone I want too"! I will definitely vote some scum bag incumbents out, no matter the party, but some will stay based on performance. It can never be such a blanket system of voting.

Add your 2 cents people.

0071-0907-3110-1948_SM.jpg

a clean sweep

Forum List

Back