Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
The NOAA report on 2009.

State of the Climate | Global Analysis | Annual 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global Highlights
Global land and ocean annual surface temperatures through December tied with 2006 as the fifth warmest on record, at 0.56°C (1.01°F) above the 20th century average.
The 2000-2009 decade is the warmest on record, with an average global surface temperature of 0.54°C (0.96°F) above the 20th century average. This shattered the 1990s value of 0.36°C (0.65°F).
Ocean surface temperatures (through December) tied with 2002 and 2004 as the fourth warmest on record, at 0.48°C (0.86°F) above the 20th century average.
Land surface temperatures through December tied with 2003 as the seventh warmest on record, at 0.77°C (1.39°F) above the 20th century average.

When NASA and the NOAA obey the FOIA requests for the raw data they've been stonewalling for the last eight years or so, please let us know.

Until then, nothing they say nor any of their conclusions means squat.

Those requests are for private correspondance from the conspriracy dingbats, and are justly denied. They are not request for the data.

NASA reports hottest November on record, 2009 poised to be second hottest year, Hansen predicts better than 50% chance 2010 will set new record Climate Progress

NASA reports hottest November on record, 2009 poised to be second hottest year, Hansen predicts better than 50% chance 2010 will set new record
Must-read Hansen: "I am now inundated with broad FOIA requests for my correspondence, with substantial impact on my time and on others in my office. I believe these to be fishing expeditions, aimed at finding some statement(s), likely to be taken out of context, which they would attempt to use to discredit climate science.... The input data for global temperature analyses are widely available, on our web site and elsewhere. If those input data could be made to yield a significantly different global temperature change, contrarians would certainly have done that -- but they have not."
December 17, 2009

What we have here is a bunch of liars trying to justify their lies by finding anything that they can take out of context and trumpet.

Those requests are for private correspondance from the conspriracy dingbats, and are justly denied. They are not request for the data.
They are requests for ALL relevant documents, the raw data included.

FOIA requests are only justified when you say they are?

MM is the decider.

Might as well give up if he disagrees.

:)
crying-baby.jpg

They are requests for ALL relevant documents, the raw data included.

FOIA requests are only justified when you say they are?

The raw data is on the net right now. Always has been. If they are unable to access it, that is because Watts that the rest are just stupid asses.

This attempt to de-legitimize science is simply another way for the right wing nuts to continue their avid support of Chavez, the Saudi's, and the other petro-dictators. Seems like Midnight and the rest have never met a dictator they did not love to give money to.

Private correspondance is not revelant. And why should working scientists be subjected to this kind of harrassment? The data is out there, let these energy company whores look it up like the rest of us.

Ol' Midnight, you are the liar. You continue to state that it is cooling, yet all the data states otherwise. You continue to post the talking points of the tobacco and energy company whores as if they were the scientific community, when they are pariahs within that community, those few that actually have degrees in science.

In the meantime, the US will bow to the will of the lobbyists that have the billions of the energy companies and petro-dictators backing them, and China and Europe will become the technological powerhouses of the 21st century. And will take the lead in adapting to the inevitable changes that warming will bring, even while Americans die for the denial of that warming by those that make huge profits in doing all they can to increase the warming.

The NOAA report on 2009.

State of the Climate | Global Analysis | Annual 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global Highlights
Global land and ocean annual surface temperatures through December tied with 2006 as the fifth warmest on record, at 0.56°C (1.01°F) above the 20th century average.
The 2000-2009 decade is the warmest on record, with an average global surface temperature of 0.54°C (0.96°F) above the 20th century average. This shattered the 1990s value of 0.36°C (0.65°F).
Ocean surface temperatures (through December) tied with 2002 and 2004 as the fourth warmest on record, at 0.48°C (0.86°F) above the 20th century average.
Land surface temperatures through December tied with 2003 as the seventh warmest on record, at 0.77°C (1.39°F) above the 20th century average.

OR, I admire your stick-to-it-iveness,

Sadly, tomorrow's nature climate disaster are all yesterday's news.

When people are facing foreclosures homelessness, unemplyment and financial disaster, it's hard for them to worry about what the climate might do in five or ten years.

When better times return, people will likely start worrying about the climate change, again.

Until then, they have more immediate problems.

I don't support this view, but I can definitely understand it.

China and Europe will become the technological powerhouses of the 21st century. And will take the lead
This couldn't be more hilarious.

While the far-left in this country fights against nuclear power, Europe embraces it. While the far-left in this country fights against oil, China corners the market on it.

Cap and trade meanwhile has INCREASED emissions in Europe, not reduced them, and China of course simply ignores calls for emission reductions, and now leads the world in it.

All of this while the EU and UN calls for the US to give trillions to the rest of the world to offset our "carbon debt."

Are you really this ignorant and stupid?

NASA reports hottest November on record, 2009 poised to be second hottest year, Hansen predicts better than 50% chance 2010 will set new record Climate Progress

NASA reports hottest November on record, 2009 poised to be second hottest year, Hansen predicts better than 50% chance 2010 will set new record
Must-read Hansen: "I am now inundated with broad FOIA requests for my correspondence, with substantial impact on my time and on others in my office. I believe these to be fishing expeditions, aimed at finding some statement(s), likely to be taken out of context, which they would attempt to use to discredit climate science.... The input data for global temperature analyses are widely available, on our web site and elsewhere. If those input data could be made to yield a significantly different global temperature change, contrarians would certainly have done that -- but they have not."
December 17, 2009

What we have here is a bunch of liars trying to justify their lies by finding anything that they can take out of context and trumpet.

did you take it this hard when you found out about the Easter Bunny?

Those requests are for private correspondance from the conspriracy dingbats, and are justly denied.
I already pointed out you're lying here, but... Let's humor you for a second.

There IS no "private correspondence" if such correspondence occurs on a .gov mail server.

Get it? Email accounts of NOAA and NASA ARE subject to FOIA requests. The TAXPAYER funds these organizations.

Remember the stink about Palin using yahoo for official business, ostensibly to keep correspondence out of her official email that she wouldn't want seen via a FOIA request? She's not that clever, just sloppy. But it's the same deal.

Until NASA and NOAA produce ALL requested documents from the FOIA requests they've been sitting on and stonewalling for years, their conclusions are highly suspect.

What do they have to hide? The decline?:lol::lol:

With the IPCC being proven to be frauds on a near daily basis... lies are all he has left to cling to.

Forum List

Back