2009 Star Trek...How the hell did I miss this?

As a life long Gen 1 fan, I was pleased to see a adaptation that was free of the historic restraints of Trekkies
Retcon is a nothing new, its where islam came from

yea so lets just change the timeline of something that has been around for 40 years and has 40 years of building a show.....5 tv shows and what 8 movies building on that timeline... this is what happens when they let directors and writers who are passive fans of the show take over....they dont give a fuck...

Yeah. My wife and I had high hopes for Enterprise, and I was even into the whole Temporal Cold War thing as a way to explain any discrepencies that came up. It was just really silly and boring. My wife and I barely hung with it.

I still say though that Enterprise was pretty much the only way to go after Voyager kinda flopped. Next Gen was awesome, but effectively ended the idea that Star Trek would be about the exploration of the unknown. DS9 went deep into the political maneuvering of the quadrant. Voyager tried to recapture the essence of Classic Trek but botched it. Enterprise represented a second attempt to get back to exploration.

However, once Enterprise killed the franchise, JJ Abram's take was the only out. And it was pretty awesome. It definitely recaptured the spirit of Classic Trek. Don't think about it too hard or you'll go crazy over some bad science, but that's true about Classic Trek.

yea i hung about a year and a half and said screw it.....and yes Voyager should have been the best of them all....being in another part of our Galaxy they could have had some really different adventures.....but once again Rick Berman.....boring dude from what i am led to believe....gets a bloody nose if it gets to exciting....Voyager had its moments though......for what the movie was it was ok.....

yea i hung about a year and a half and said screw it.....and yes Voyager should have been the best of them all....being in another part of our Galaxy they could have had some really different adventures.....but once again Rick Berman.....boring dude from what i am led to believe....gets a bloody nose if it gets to exciting....Voyager had its moments though......for what the movie was it was ok.....

Voyager really should have been the Renaissance. I'm not sure how they screwed it up.

I recall reading that Ron Moore and Berman had a huge falling out over Voyager. Moore's take on Voyager would be more in line with what he later did on BSG, in that he'd play up the permanent nature of damage to the ship, crew losses, the need to actively search out resources, etc. Instead we got a love boat esque thing where nothing permanent seemed to happen.

thl999.gif

My favorite part, Kirk, Sulu and another guy are getting in the back of the shuttle. the other guy is in red and I knew he was gonna die....and he did.

Star Trek is back!

Voyager really should have been the Renaissance. I'm not sure how they screwed it up.

I recall reading that Ron Moore and Berman had a huge falling out over Voyager. Moore's take on Voyager would be more in line with what he later did on BSG, in that he'd play up the permanent nature of damage to the ship, crew losses, the need to actively search out resources, etc. Instead we got a love boat esque thing where nothing permanent seemed to happen.

exactly Doc....Ron Moore was one of the most imaginative writers they had.....there is a chat room called Star Trek A....that i hung in for a year or so,nothing but trek fans from around the globe....they had interviews with Ron after he left saying that he wanted the Voyager crew to run into non-humanoids.....instead of the usual humanoids with a different forehead pattern....Berman said the fans would not like that....so Moore felt he had done all he could for Trek and left.....they used to send Paramount e-mails all the time asking that Berman be replaced before its to late....

Forum List

Back