2009 Budget deficit to be largest ever

our personal phone calls ARE COVERED UNDER OUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY.

to rewrite history now is utterly disingenuous ret sgt.

Wrong. The Government has passed laws to prevent court use and personal use of recorded messages with out a warrant, but the simple fact is that cell phones are easily intercepted. Your argument has as much sense as claiming a conversation in a crowded bar was private and protected by your right to privacy.

The Government does not promise anything other than they can not try you unless they have a legal warrant on phone calls. You want privacy buy a scambler system and one for anyone you plan to talk to on the OPEN airwaves.

Wrong. The Government has passed laws to prevent court use and personal use of recorded messages with out a warrant, but the simple fact is that cell phones are easily intercepted. Your argument has as much sense as claiming a conversation in a crowded bar was private and protected by your right to privacy.

The Government does not promise anything other than they can not try you unless they have a legal warrant on phone calls. You want privacy buy a scambler system and one for anyone you plan to talk to on the OPEN airwaves.

bullcrap!

bullcrap!

Sorry you do not like it, but that is the way it is. Your rights are not violated if in fact no action is ever taken against you. You do not even KNOW they listened. And in fact they do not listen they have programs searching for key words and if those phrases or words occur the tape is flagged for inspection. Again unless they got a court order anything they hear on that tape can not ever be used against you in any legal proceeding. Thus the 4th amendment has not been violated.

Anyone who uses a cell phone, or a remote cordless phone can be evedropped on, by practically anyone who wants to, folks.

Plan accordingly.

Sorry you do not like it, but that is the way it is. Your rights are not violated if in fact no action is ever taken against you. You do not even KNOW they listened. And in fact they do not listen they have programs searching for key words and if those phrases or words occur the tape is flagged for inspection. Again unless they got a court order anything they hear on that tape can not ever be used against you in any legal proceeding. Thus the 4th amendment has not been violated.

btw, what about land lines?

also here, fyi.

THE FEDERAL LAW

READ THE FEDERAL LAW
Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 119 USC, entitled Wire and Electronic
Commuications Interceptions found at the following web sites

CORNELL UNIVERSITY
http://www.law.cornell/edu

SEAMLESS WEB PAGES
http://www.Seamless.com/rcl/privacy.html

The federal Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510 et seq., prohibits the willful interception of telephone communication by means of any electronic, mechanical, or other device without an applicable exemption. There are two principal exceptions:

Federal Exceptions
Consent: In the absence of more restrictive state law, it is permissible to intercept and record a telephone conversation if one or both of the parties to the call consents. Consent means authorization by only one participant in the call; single-party consent is provided for by specific statutory exemption under federal law. 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2511(2)(d).

"Business telephone" exception
The "business telephone" exception, which generally allows monitoring of
calls and taping over an extension phone which is both provided to a subscriber in the ordinary course of a telephone company's business and is being used by that subscriber in the ordinary course of its business. This provision generally permits businesses to monitor the conversations of their employees, including personal conversations.

Penalties: The federal statutes provide criminal penalties for unlawful interception of telephone conversations, including up to five years' imprisonment or a maximum of $10,000 in fines. They also allow for civil remedies, by which private parties are entitled to recover actual and punitive damages, together with fees and costs.

RECORDING AND LAWYERS: <[email protected]>
(Warren Levicoff)
Under ABA Formal Opinion 337 (August 10, 1974), and certain state and local opinions, it may be unethical for an attorney to make an undisclosed recording of other persons.

RECORDING AND FGCC RULES <[email protected]>
(Warren Levicoff)
The FCC Regulations require telephone carriers to file tariffs with the Commission to the effect that: (1) adequate notice be given to all parties that their conversation is being recorded; (2) that such notice be given by the use of an automatic tone warning device; and (3) that the tone warning device be furnished, installed and maintained by the telephone company along specified technical guidelines. 11 FCC 1033, 1050, 12 FCC 1005, 1008 (1947). These regulations are directed toward the telephone carriers, and do not make recording a criminal offense. However, a person who fails to use the "beep" tone as required may have his telephone service terminated.

btw, what about land lines?

also here, fyi.

Already told ya we have laws about it. Doesn't mean I can't listen anyway. Doesn't mean nefarious types don't listen either. The Government is not violating your rights unless they use it in some manner to arrest or try you. Or cause other harm, like leaking information from the tapes.

Already told ya we have laws about it. Doesn't mean I can't listen anyway. Doesn't mean nefarious types don't listen either. The Government is not violating your rights unless they use it in some manner to arrest or try you. Or cause other harm, like leaking information from the tapes.
it's a $10,000 buck fine ret sgt., for doing such illegally, whether the information is used or not....for anyone to record you, electronically, mechanically or with any device without notice, let alone the feds!!!!!!!!!!

Care

My ex wife's phone was tapped by the government. When I called her their was a double click when she answered the phone. She asked the phone company about it, and they said, "Yes, you phone is tapped. There is probably a guy in a van somewhere eating doughnuts and listening to your calls."

She was involved with publishing a book about CIA at the time.

We all live in glass houses.

Plan accordingly.
good morning editec!

I sooooooooooooooo hate THAT....i want to feel safe from this crap of spying....there wouldn't be laws on it if we all didn't want to feel safe....technology has gotten wayyyyy ahead of the laws it appears.... :(

just because someone can listen in on a cell call somehow, does NOT MEAN it is LEGAL to do such.... but i guess we really live in a land of lawlessness without even knowing it..... :(

care

good morning editec!

I sooooooooooooooo hate THAT....i want to feel safe from this crap of spying....there wouldn't be laws on it if we all didn't want to feel safe....technology has gotten wayyyyy ahead of the laws it appears.... :(

just because someone can listen in on a cell call somehow, does NOT MEAN it is LEGAL to do such.... but i guess we really live in a land of lawlessness without even knowing it..... :(

care

Are you running a crime family or what ? :D

good morning editec!

care

I didn't say it was legal, merely that it was a fact.

If you use a remote phone (not a cell phone) anyone with a radio scanner can evesdrop in on your calls.

I am told, I really don't know, that cell phones are only marginally more secure from privacy invasion. that listening in on them takes slightly more sophisticated equipment than a mere radio scanner.

I'm not talking about cops, I'm talking about anyone listening in on your private calls.

A land line, one not connected to a emote phone is abpout the best you can do to protect your privacy.

Otherwise just assume that everything you say on a phone is easily tapped into by anyone who wants to do so.

Those of you in business should be especially careful.

WiFi ALSO, not safe from intrusion.

They just busted 11 people who'd gotten credit card info on millions of people snooping via WIFI.

Electronic glass houses, folks...that's where most of us live.

Last edited:
Are you running a crime family or what ? :D

Nope! not even a distant family connection! lollol!

I just want what should be private, private....as our constitution guarantees and i have an inherent distrust for government and power and thieves....

care

You assume that I am saying that the people's third half of the problem is their fiscal irresponsibility, Paulitec?

Not really my point.

Their share of the responsibility for this mess is their political naivete.

Look at how many people on this microcosm of our nation (this board) buy into the myth that liberalism, or conservatism is the root source of the problems this nation faces.

There are many people who take the simply way out (blaming their fellow citizens, just as they've being brainwashed into doing) rather than following the money (my simplistic way of saying looking at the complexity of the problem) to see who really benefits from the problems this nation is facing.

You are doing that right now to some extent, aren't you?

Ironically, the thing that makes this nation great-- the people's faith in the system, a system they have been mislead to understand works one way, when it really works in another way -- is also the tool that the masters of our universe are manipulating to rape the nation of its wealth.

When the ship of state is sinking, Paulitec, blaming the crew who did their duty faithfully is rather silly, in my opinion.

In a society of honorable men, it's the captains (of industry and government) and the officers who accept responsibility for the outcomes of their leadership.

In this society, the leadership class creates scapegoat classes for their mistakes.

Pick a problem you think the PEOPLE are responsible for, and I can probably show you how the people were forced or mislead into becoming tools or dupes of the leadership class.

Usually, I can show you which part of that feuding leadership class benefitted from making those problems happen, too.

Free, educated adults of sound mind don't allow themselves to get misled, or to be anyone dupes. People in this country have no one to blame BUT THEMSELVES for their misfortunes. They made one or more BAD choices along the line somewhere and never righted their wrongs. They either dropped out of school, refused advanced training oportunities, took the easy way out, took drugs or abused alcohol, smoked thousands of dollars of cigarattes a year, got fired for being irresponsible, never chose to obtain a decent skill, got arrested, or a whole host of idiotic choices.....

Forum List

Back