2009 Budget deficit to be largest ever

the Dems from 2000-2006 were virtually shut out of participating in government. Liken it to being sat at the kiddy table at Thanksgiving.

And no GOP politician went against Delay's agenda either, or they too were shut out.

Important to remember that if Dems voted against invading Iraq, they would have been painted as cowards and appeasers.

What a lying load of horse shit.

the Dems from 2000-2006 were virtually shut out of participating in government. Liken it to being sat at the kiddy table at Thanksgiving.

And no GOP politician went against Delay's agenda either, or they too were shut out.

Important to remember that if Dems voted against invading Iraq, they would have been painted as cowards and appeasers.

Is that your excuse for the Dems voting for Iraq?

They get a free pass because they would have been put on blast, but the Repubs are just EVIL, right?

The republicans in congress suck, and the democrats in congress suck. They don't serve you, they serve themselves. Wake up.

They get a free pass because they would have been put on blast, but the Repubs are just EVIL, right?

The republicans in congress suck, and the democrats in congress suck. They don't serve you, they serve themselves. Wake up.[/QUOTE]

:clap2:

The republicans in congress suck, and the democrats in congress suck. They don't serve you, they serve themselves. Wake up.

Just look at who didn't vote for Iraq. The dems suck less. And they wouldn't have took us to war with Iraq. Not Gore and not Kerry.

PNAC took us to Iraq. That's who pulls the strings.

Now what powerful group of billionaires run the DMC?

The republicans in congress suck, and the democrats in congress suck. They don't serve you, they serve themselves. Wake up.[/QUOTE]

:clap2:

Who's deciding whether we go to war with Iran?

Last October, Sheldon Adelson, the gaming multibillionaire, accompanied a group of Republican donors to the White House to meet with George W. Bush. They wanted to talk to the President about Israel.

The World of Business: The Brass Ring: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

The 4th richest man in America is setting our foreign policy with Bush in office.

So Bush or any other President should listen to the 4th poorest man or woman? The 8th most stupid person? The 12th tallest?

Politicians will always get input. But just because there is input does not mean that those giving it are inherently in control.

Funny how rich or powerful advisers with shady pasts are OK for a Dem or Uber-lib like Obama.... but not for the Reps or a Conservative... typical liberal hypocricy

Now what powerful group of billionaires run the DMC?

I assume you mean the DNC.

Let's see...George Soros, Felix Rohatyn, Warren Buffett, Tom Golisano, and even Rupert Murdoch. Just to name a few BIG ones.

So Bush or any other President should listen to the 4th poorest man or woman? The 8th most stupid person? The 12th tallest?

Politicians will always get input. But just because there is input does not mean that those giving it are inherently in control.

Funny how rich or powerful advisers with shady pasts are OK for a Dem or Uber-lib like Obama.... but not for the Reps or a Conservative... typical liberal hypocricy

where did anyone say that the dems arent influenced by people with $?

where did anyone say that the dems arent influenced by people with $?

Maybe reading comprehension was not a good subject for you

It's not saying that you are any other libtard stated that Dems weren't influenced...

But that when someone has the ear of a Rep or Conservative, then it is to be portrayed in a bad light... all the while defending the influence of some pretty darn bad people who have the ears of a Dem

American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is “the most powerful lobby and has pushed this war from the beginning.

Hate to correct you BUT Bush has almost nothing to do with the Budget. .

Wow, what crap! President now always send budgets to Congress setting out priorities for spending. As leaders of their parties they have enormous say over what gets passed and what doesn't

Maybe reading comprehension was not a good subject for you

It's not saying that you are any other libtard stated that Dems weren't influenced...

But that when someone has the ear of a Rep or Conservative, then it is to be portrayed in a bad light... all the while defending the influence of some pretty darn bad people who have the ears of a Dem

dont try to spin it like i didnt understand. typical tactic of people who cant back up what they say.
you were calling out dems on hypocrisy based off an example someone gave of bush being influenced by a rich businessman. i saw no one make the claim that dems are clean in this thread. but do show me where someone made that claim elsewhere.

Wow, what crap! President now always send budgets to Congress setting out priorities for spending. As leaders of their parties they have enormous say over what gets passed and what doesn't

Once again for the slow and stupid. The Budget proposal that the President presents has NO authority and is not even a bill. It requires a member of each house to make each Bill, get them written and approved into committee, passed from Committee to the floor for vote.

All the President can do is present a request to Congress on what HE believes should be the Budget. He has no control AT ALL on what bills are written and passed. His next input is to agree or disagree with what is passed and if he disagrees with a veto to hope Congress can not override it. This being an election year the Republicans are falling all over themselves to pass anything and everything.

I am simply amazed at how STUPID most Americans are about how our Government works.

dont try to spin it like i didnt understand. typical tactic of people who cant back up what they say.
you were calling out dems on hypocrisy based off an example someone gave of bush being influenced by a rich businessman. i saw no one make the claim that dems are clean in this thread. but do show me where someone made that claim elsewhere.

Sealybobo did not ask what rich men influence dems?

all the while defending the influence of some pretty darn bad people who have the ears of a Dem

Who are we defending?

The thing I usually say is that the Dems get $1 million to every $10 million the GOP takes in from lobbyists. By the way I'm totally making up the dollar amounts.

But when the GOP is taking in all the Lobby money and the dems are getting crumbs, I think the GOP are more inclined to ignore us and focus on their rich donors.

Bush even called the top 1% his base, and then laughed. Another joke? I think not. He's been playing us for 7 years and laughing at the middle class people that voted for him.

Once again for the slow and stupid. The Budget proposal that the President presents has NO authority and is not even a bill. It requires a member of each house to make each Bill, get them written and approved into committee, passed from Committee to the floor for vote.

All the President can do is present a request to Congress on what HE believes should be the Budget. He has no control AT ALL on what bills are written and passed. His next input is to agree or disagree with what is passed and if he disagrees with a veto to hope Congress can not override it. This being an election year the Republicans are falling all over themselves to pass anything and everything.

I am simply amazed at how STUPID most Americans are about how our Government works.

Do you support a line item veto for the executive?

Sealybobo did not ask what rich men influence dems?

instead of whining about hypocrisy, diamond should have given instances of dems being influenced by rich businessmen to show examples of why he is complaining about it

Forum List

Back