• Yankees in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to look up what ALCS was; pretty pathetic huh? I'm no baseball fan. But hey, Go Phillies! They're my team is all.

it would get the best ratings out of any matchup thats for sure.

East coast/west coast

2 storied franchises with storied rivalry....not so much of a rivalry really since the Yankees kinda raped the Dodgers back in the day with the exception of 2 losses.

Torre vs his old team

Etc...

Very Marketable

it would get the best ratings out of any matchup thats for sure.

East coast/west coast

2 storied franchises with storied rivalry....not so much of a rivalry really since the Yankees kinda raped the Dodgers back in the day with the exception of 2 losses.

Torre vs his old team

Etc...

Very Marketable

55 and 81 were the only times the dodgers beat the yanks in the fall classic?

yup

1941- Yanks 4 dodgers 1
1947- Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1949 Yankees 4 Dodgers 1
1952- Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1953 Yanks 4 Dodgers 2
1955 Yanks 3 Dodgers 4 (no mickey mantle)
1956 Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1981 Yanks 2 Dodgers 4

It's pretty much one sided

yup

1941- Yanks 4 dodgers 1
1947- Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1949 Yankees 4 Dodgers 1
1952- Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1953 Yanks 4 Dodgers 2
1955 Yanks 3 Dodgers 4 (no mickey mantle)
1956 Yanks 4 Dodgers 3
1981 Yanks 2 Dodgers 4

It's pretty much one sided

yeah it was the only two times I could think of. you'd also have Manram against the yanks again.

yup and manram...fox is prob salivating for that matchup...very marketable as I said b4....Last thing Fox wants is a freeway series...Talking from a pure ratings point of view obviously

Manny is a Yankee killer. TBH, I picked Angels in 6 because I wouldn't trust Yankees pitching if I were them at the moment for starters. The only one I could trust after watching that series is Andy.

If the Angels were able to hit off great pitchers like Josh Beckett and Jon Lester, how do you think they'll do against C.C and Burnett? If they have A.J in the rotation, I'd be worried if I were a Yankees fan.

sorry to break it to ya chief...but Beckett isn't a great pitcher as of late...he has gotten roughed up his past few starts. CC had an ERA under 2.3 his past 5 starts with the exception of his last start against tampa.

But hey why would you let your bias red sox knoweldge get in the way of rational thoughts.

idiot

and the Yankees faired better against the Angels this year then your sox did going 5-5 with them splitting the series

sorry to break it to ya chief...but Beckett isn't a great pitcher as of late...he has gotten roughed up his past few starts. CC had an ERA under 2.3 his past 5 starts with the exception of his last start against tampa.

But hey why would you let your bias red sox knoweldge get in the way of rational thoughts.

idiot

Beckett is a better pitcher than C.C, plain and simple. Especially in the playoffs considering their records side by side.

You can be a homer all you like, but Beckett has simply dominated in the playoffs in the career. If you wouldn't take him on your team, you're a homer.

ERA H R ER W SO BB PC-ST ERA
6.2 5 4 4 1 3 0 103-64 5.40

Yes very dominant performance by Beckett

Forum List

Back