2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

Sometimes I think people in the middle are the biggest idiots.

For example, at the very last debates they had people who still weren't sure if they were going to vote for Obama or McCain.

Are you fucking serious? :cuckoo:

Nice avoidance. Still nothing to say on the original topic eh? Just because you jumped to an erroneous conclusion based on your own partisan framing of a scientific issue? You could at least have enough integrity to admit that you jumped to a conclusion about my person views that weren't warranted (because I never stated them in the thread) and were wrong.

Or you could change the subject again.

Nice avoidance. Still nothing to say on the original topic eh? Just because you jumped to an erroneous conclusion based on your own partisan framing of a scientific issue? You could at least have enough integrity to admit that you jumped to a conclusion about my person views that weren't warranted (because I never stated them in the thread) and were wrong.

Or you could change the subject again.

I retraced our posts and I was just responding to you saying my partisan blablabla.

So you should have reasked the question, because I don't know what your exact question is.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving and won't be back until Friday. I'll find my post on Friday and I'm sure your question will follow. I'll be sure to answer your question on Friday, if you let me know what that question is.

If you are talking about the 95% of the scientific community that agrees with me vs. the 5% that agree with you because they happen to be republicans themselves.

The 95% scientific community has no sinister motive behind their conclusions. But we know the corporate sellout scientists do.

If you are talking about the 95% of the scientific community that agrees with me vs. the 5% that agree with you because they happen to be republicans themselves.

The 95% scientific community has no sinister motive behind their conclusions. But we know the corporate sellout scientists do.

I'm not a Republican. And I doubt you've read the science, so I don't think you have a good grasp on your own position.

I'm not a Republican. And I doubt you've read the science, so I don't think you have a good grasp on your own position.

So you never actually asked me a question then did you queerpike?

And I've read the science and watch the shows on NOVA, National Geographic and Discovery all the time. I don't see very many shows that back up your claims.

But you think that's all just left spin. Correct? See, there is an actual question.

And I do understand some of their conclusions are only theory, but they are also the theory accepted by the majority of the scientific community. No one is buying your scientists theories. Hows it feel being a minority?

You guys have injected politics into the justice department, military, religion......Having right wing scientists is just you injecting politics into science too.

What a laugh riot, claiming 95 percent of scientists believe. Even when they got a group together to vote for it it was more like 38 to 42 percent of Scientists, not even half.

You can't even give a serious answer?

I told you flat out why your party LIES/DENIES GW.

Regulations and the cost.

You know I'm right. :eusa_shhh:
That was a serious answer. The greenies use regulations and cost as a weapon to advance their insidious agenda. If they could shut off all electrical production they would. If they could abort all babies they would.

So you never actually asked me a question then did you queerpike?

Heh. You still can't own up to your bias and misconceptions about other posters, so you're resorting to this.

I am not surprised, unfortunately.

You'll note that I haven't even given my opinion of the issue, so your posts are just built on top of one erroneous assumption after another. But you're not honest enough to admit it, so we go down the path of ad homs and insults. I'm sure more are to come. Or else conspicuous silence.

Last edited:
That was a serious answer. The greenies use regulations and cost as a weapon to advance their insidious agenda. If they could shut off all electrical production they would. If they could abort all babies they would.

What a bunch of nefarious extremists! Just who are all of these people advocating that we abort all of the babies, and shut off electrical production? Let me give them a piece of my mind while the human race still exists.

It won't last much longer if those awful people get their way, now will it? So, tell us, who are they?

This is classic. It was only a few years ago that Bush supporters claimed there was no such thing as global warming; that we weren't in a rapid, long term warming trend.

Now they are admitting we are in a warming trend but humans have nothing to do with it.

Bush started his Presidency by saying global warming needed to be addressed.

Silly man.

Newt Gingrich debated John Kerry on global warming, realizing that the flat-earth views of the right wing could not hold up in a real debate. When confronted with the views of the right, Gingrich admitted that Senator Inhofe and others who have been obstructing solutions on global warming are wrong, and that this is an urgent problem. Why are they denying? Because they know that going green will require more regulations and it will cost companies $.

This is what I mean about the GOP not being intellectually honest with us. We all know they are lying/wrong about everything.

Here is another example. The economy. How long did the GOP SWEAR that the economy was doing great? We told them wages were going down, unemployment was going up, inflation, healthcare costs, etc. And they kept pointing to two things, the stock market and corporate profits.

As long as the stock market is doing well and corporate profits are up, the GOP doesn't care about the other economic indicators.

Not everyone on the left agrees with the idea of man-made global warming. The marxists at counterpunch.org are quite vocal about it.

What a bunch of nefarious extremists! Just who are all of these people advocating that we abort all of the babies, and shut off electrical production? Let me give them a piece of my mind while the human race still exists.

It won't last much longer if those awful people get their way, now will it? So, tell us, who are they?

You are aware the President Elect Obama wants to tax and regulate Coal fired power plants out of business? 60 percent of our electrical power comes from those plants and he wants to drive them out of business with no replacement available.

He wants to tax gas and drive the prices so high only the rich can afford it. Same with natural gas.

You are aware the President Elect Obama wants to tax and regulate Coal fired power plants out of business? 60 percent of our electrical power comes from those plants and he wants to drive them out of business with no replacement available.

He wants to tax gas and drive the prices so high only the rich can afford it. Same with natural gas.

So then you agree that Obama is neither liberal or democrat ... cool. At least we agree on one thing

But coal plants are so clean...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/25/us/25sludge.html?ref=us

Yes, because 200 years of tempature data is a good sample for a planet that is 2 billions years old.

We have over 650,000 years of fairly detailed data in the form of ice cores. We have many places with 10s of thousands to hundreds of thousands of detailed data in varved lake deposits. Before you make such ignorant statements, you really should investigate the data.

That pretty much disproves your theory of man-induced climate change then, doesn't it? :eusa_whistle:

No, it does not. Simply because nature can create a rapid change in no way means that our actions cannot. By your flawed logic, because pneumonia kill people, then manmade guns cannot kill people. Really ridiculous for an adult to use such logic.

What a laugh riot, claiming 95 percent of scientists believe. Even when they got a group together to vote for it it was more like 38 to 42 percent of Scientists, not even half.

Another crock of shit. Every single scientific society on earth states that global warming is happening, that it is a clear and present danger, and that the primary driver is the burning of fossil fuels. As does every National Academy of Science. As does every major university in the world. Come on, Sarge, back up your claim with a scientific society that claims otherwise. How about the National Academy of Science of an industrial nation? A major university? I am just asking for one example out of three differant categories. Surely, if the case is as you state, you can at least show me one.

OK, let's not tax coal plants directly. Just make them pay the real value of all that they destroy. How much is over 1000 miles of streams in the Appalachian Mountains worth? How about the companies paying the bill for all of the people that develop asthma due to their plants? What about the neural damage from the lead and mercury emmissions from coal plants?

This nation needs a ten year plan to replace all coal fired plants with alternative energy.

Forum List

Back