2008 to now have not been fun years

Well, they've been great years if only for the comedic effect of watching left wingers embrace utter stupidity and scream Buuuuusssssssshhhhhhhh when they run out of gas, which usually takes about five minutes.

Not Dumbya Bush,Reagan disaster more like Clinton middle of the pack President.

were you even born or old enough to vote when Reagan was President?

no..why?

Because, I am old enough. I started driving during the Carter years.. I remember gas lines, gas prices doubling virtually overnight, Iran hostage crisis, misery indexes, double digit inflation, no growth, etc.

I remember the Reagan landslide and things getting much better....

were you even born or old enough to vote when Reagan was President?

no..why?

Because, I am old enough. I started driving during the Carter years.. I remember gas lines, gas prices doubling virtually overnight, Iran hostage crisis, misery indexes, double digit inflation, no growth, etc.

As opposed to appeasing the hostage takers, selling weapons to Iran, double digit unemployment.shipping American jobs to China, Tripling the National Debt, wage stagnation,raising taxes on Americans, destruction of the family unit, dependence on foreign oil, expoloding personal debt.....

As opposed to appeasing the hostage takers, selling weapons to Iran, double digit unemployment.shipping American jobs to China, Tripling the National Debt, wage stagnation,raising taxes on Americans, destruction of the family unit, dependence on foreign oil, expoloding personal debt.....

And you left out the USA becoming a debtor nation under Reagan.

then there is the Whip INflation Now and the wage and price freeze under Nixon.

Last edited:
Obama has been an UNMITIGATED DISASTER AS POTUS - time for a change.

He should do an LBJ and decline to run for re-election.

He should move back to Indonesia or Kenya where he belongs.. and take the family with you too...... He can share the dog there.

Oh really......... Clinton's agenda was no different the Obama's. He either moved center and let Gingrich run the show or be beaten in the re election. He owes a lot to Gingrich and Monica.

and by the way.. Do you know who financed Bill Clinton's Presidential campaigns?

Last edited:
I ignore predictions of who is going to win and by how much.

This is the worst economic period since the Great Depression, and so the 1936 election is the most comparable to the 2012 election. And there are some parallels.

During the Great Depression, things actually got worse for a while after FDR was elected and it was predicted he would lose to the moderate Republican candidate, Alf Landon, in 1936. Instead, FDR won by the biggest landslide in US history, and the Democrats gained a huge number of seats in Congress.

Landon won only 8 electoral votes. Tied for the lowest electoral votes won in US history.

The Republicans dropped to 16 seats in the Senate, while the Democrats had 76. In the House, it was 88 GOP to 334 Democratic.

I would be very careful about counting your chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:

Oh really......... Clinton's agenda was no different the Obama's. He either moved center and let Gingrich run the show or be beaten in the re election. He owes a lot to Gingrich and Monica.

and by the way.. Do you know who financed Bill Clinton's Presidential campaigns?

No , i don't recall who financed Clinton. Clinton signed NAFTA and the repeal of Glass-Steagall and that was two of the most destructive bills tothe American economy.

2008 to now have not been fun years

Hmmmm - both my personal and business taxes have been down because of Obama's tax cuts for both. I did lose a chunk with the bush crash but the stock market been up every single month so I've recouped most of it. Now, I'm saving quite a lot on my health care insurance.

Additionally, thanks to President Obama's actions, my country is a lot safer from terrorist attacks from bin Laden. Ghaddifi is dead, many other terrorists are dead, one of Bush's war has been ended and the other has a deadline to end - all because of President Obama.

OTOH, screwball Etch A Sketch has said he will raise my taxes, take away my healthcare, increase the size of and spending on the military, start a couple of wars, send even more jobs overseas, and give an even higher tax cut to his 1% cronies. And, that's just the tip of the disastrous right wing plan to wreck my country.

2008 to now have not been fun years.
At least we got a WARNING......before Obama took-Office.....in 2009!!!!!
eusa_doh.gif

*​

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Housing market crashes thanks to the law that clinton signed that forced loans be given to people that could not pay them back. Then denial by dodd and frank. Truth is it is the dimwits fault. Truth hurts the lying dimwits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back