2008 politics

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
looks like there are going to be close to a dozen candidates for both political parties in the 2008 election. has anyone ever seen or know of so many people running for the high office across both political parties? its kind of insane.

So far from what Ive heard of possible candidates

Democrat
Hitlery
Obama
Kerry
Edwards
Biden
Bayh
Vilsak
Gore
Clark
I know there are others i just cant think of them right now.

Republicans
McCain
Guiliani
Romney
Tancredo
Gingrich
someone else i cant think. i think its Tommie Tompson or something lol (shows you how much he has going for him)

Thats not to mention a number of others i know have talked about it.

Like i said there are going to be nearly a dozen in each party. this is going to be weird.

looks like there are going to be close to a dozen candidates for both political parties in the 2008 election. has anyone ever seen or know of so many people running for the high office across both political parties? its kind of insane.

So far from what Ive heard of possible candidates

Democrat
Hitlery
Obama
Kerry
Edwards
Biden
Bayh
Vilsak
Gore
Clark
I know there are others i just cant think of them right now.

Republicans
McCain
Guiliani
Romney
Tancredo
Gingrich
someone else i cant think. i think its Tommie Tompson or something lol (shows you how much he has going for him)

Thats not to mention a number of others i know have talked about it.

Like i said there are going to be nearly a dozen in each party. this is going to be weird.

The more the merrier----too bad only two viable parties.

:thup: It'd be great to see him on the ticket.

I would agree. He seems to be the onyl Republican with a brain in the bunch except for Gingrich, who the left and MSM will NEVER allow to get beyond past indiscretions. Forgiveness is only for the left.

Tancredo has the same problem, IIRC -- a past indiscretion. He also doesn't have much national exposure at the "running for President" level.

A large number of candidates, especially for the party out of the White House, is not all that unusual.

In 1980 the Republicans had 7 candidates. In 1988 the Democrats had something like 8.

I think maybe the fact that the president is term-limited encourages a high number of candidates. I’ve noticed that when Florida has a 2 term governor who cannot be re-elected we generally have a large number of candidates running in both parties.

Forum List

Back