2008 Looks Good 4 GOP -- 2010 Looking Good 4 Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, May 18, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Considering 2008: I do not bet on elections this far out. But there are trends to follow. It seems the GOP is looking good for 2008, by a huge percentage point. :lol:

On the other hand, the game the GOP has been playing with Obama looks to be a snoozer---if the Economy does better than expected. You can bet on one thing---a few ads showing the Doom and Gloom of the Party of NO. (Dude, paying attention?)

Poll shows Republicans doing well in November as voting begins in three states

Poll shows Republicans doing well in November as voting begins in three states | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

---

Rapid Economic Recovery Predicted. 2010 is looking like Obama's year.

Economic recovery will be rapid, San Francisco Fed researchers say - latimes.com

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,395
    Still way too early to tell...

need to see the positive/negative impact of the Tea Baggers on the GOP

3. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    but, but, but "Voters said they preferred Republicans over Democrats by 46% to 45%,"

that is a Huge percentage point!:lol:

---

btw, 2010 comes, what will the arguments being used today to keep the base hysterical look like? Usually I'd say the GOP could give it a rest between 2008 and 2010, but not this time. I think the 'throw the bums out' stuff ---the fallout, will give the GOP angina and anxiety, just as the decision to put Buchanan onstage during the convention did.