2008 Democratic Convention Agenda

manu wrote:
so let me see if i got this...he can trash me but i can't respond....this is in the humor section for christ sake....get a grip....

Get over yourself, Manu. You posted something funny, he didn't find it find it funny...if you want to rib him about it go for it, big deal.

But YOU were the one who went all crazy on him for having the audacity to point out that in your excitement to post it, you forgot to give your source - something that is (supposedly) a rule on this board that people have been crucified for forgetting in the past.

When this came up it was you, not anyone else who lost their grip. Yeah, its a humor thread...and I'd be totally willing to give you a break on it - I did, even though I noticed the lack of source...but someone chose to call you on it. Big deal. Put your big boy panties on and deal with it.

One little post - "It was emailed from a friend and did not come with a source." would have covered it. You could have even added something like, "I wonder if you'd have been so obsessed with the rules if I had posted some anti-Bush humor...doubt it." Those two statements would have dealt with the issue, you would have gotten to be a bit mean to Maineman...but you would have avoided looking like a petulant child angry that an adult other than his parents had the audacity to ask him to follow the rules.

Sorry Manu, but if you think that calling someone a "prick" or a "twat" and posting snarky, whiny little statements about them because they dared to mention in a very typical, non-big deal manner that you forgot to do something is the best way to have handled the situation...someone here is overreacting...and its not me.

I can take criticism as well as the next man.... by all means, don't hold back.

my point stands: this is sophomoric. It doesn't have any tread left on its tires it has driven around the internet so long... and you posted it yet again...and didn't list your source.

Is any of THAT untrue?

I'm curious what provokes you to poke around the humor section, particularly clicking on a thread entitled "2008 Democratic Convention Agenda," when you've read it tons and tons of times like you claim you did and could probably have figured out what it was going to be. Do you have something you're trying to prove to us or yourself?

And Manu said that he got it in an email. I understand that was added in after your reply, but was Manu supposed to give you a link to his email in-box? What does it matter anyway? What Manu posted is obviously a farce, so does it matter where he got it from? Most of the time links are asked for/posted to confirm the reliability of the thread, is that the reason you need to see a link or know where it came from?

Still, I'd like to point out to you that Manu never said that he himself wrote it, so it could be assumed either way that he did or didn't write it.

I have to ask yet again why you insisted on coming to the thread or even this section of the board if you're so fed up with it?

Mainmain has a burr in his panties and wanted to make sure everyone knew i did not write this.....which if you read the thread you would be able to figure out....it seems he knows the source, yet being the little prick he is, he didn't post it....and instead goes on his little rant .... anyway, this was sent to me via e-mail from my friend mike and he did not note the source either.....happy now you micro managing little twat?

7:00 pm Opening flag burning

7:15 pm Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.

7:20 pm Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

7:25 pm Nonreligious prayer and worship with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

7:45 pm Ceremonial tree hugging

7:55 pm Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

8:00 pm How I Invented the Internet - Al Gore

8:15 pm Gay Wedding Planning - Barney Frank presiding

8:35 pm Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

8:40 pm Our Troops are War Criminals - John Kerry

9.00 pm Memorial service for Saddam and his sons - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon

10:00 pm "Answering Machine Etiquette" - Alec Baldwin

11:00 pm Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

11:05 pm Collection for the Osama Bin Laden kidney transplant fund - Barbra Streisand

11:15 pm Free the Freedom Fighters from Guantanamo Bay -- Sean Penn

11:30 pm Oval Office Affairs - William Jefferson Clinton

11:45 pm Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

11:50 pm How George Bush Brought Down the World Trade Towers - Howard Dean

12:15 am "Truth in Broadcasting Award" - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore

12:25 am Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

12:30 am Satellite address by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

12:45 am Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton by Nancy Pelosi

1:00 am Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

1:05 am Coronation of Hillary Rodham Clinton

1:30 am Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary home

Damn--and I was gonna ask for your autograph--How could you ??????? Try to get me to believe you some damn poet laureate or something. :rolleyes:

Mr. P Wrote:
The day a source is needed to post a joke is the day that humor dies. IMO.

While I COMPLETELY agree with you. I have seen people torn new ones for less. And I'm still not sure mentioning that a joke post didn't like a source merits the hostility it did.

But, I agree completely...for a humor thread, I probably should have just kept my mouth shut.

manu wrote:

Get over yourself, Manu. You posted something funny, he didn't find it find it funny...if you want to rib him about it go for it, big deal.

But YOU were the one who went all crazy on him for having the audacity to point out that in your excitement to post it, you forgot to give your source - something that is (supposedly) a rule on this board that people have been crucified for forgetting in the past.

When this came up it was you, not anyone else who lost their grip. Yeah, its a humor thread...and I'd be totally willing to give you a break on it - I did, even though I noticed the lack of source...but someone chose to call you on it. Big deal. Put your big boy panties on and deal with it.

One little post - "It was emailed from a friend and did not come with a source." would have covered it. You could have even added something like, "I wonder if you'd have been so obsessed with the rules if I had posted some anti-Bush humor...doubt it." Those two statements would have dealt with the issue, you would have gotten to be a bit mean to Maineman...but you would have avoided looking like a petulant child angry that an adult other than his parents had the audacity to ask him to follow the rules.

Sorry Manu, but if you think that calling someone a "prick" or a "twat" and posting snarky, whiny little statements about them because they dared to mention in a very typical, non-big deal manner that you forgot to do something is the best way to have handled the situation...someone here is overreacting...and its not me.

do you ever look in the mirror....you are the most self righteous poster i have ever come across.....your condemnation of me is no different than mine of mines' or mains of me...in fact yours is worse....you don't have a dog in this fight.....

main could have simply asked for a source...he chose a path i responded....

as far as i can tell main and i are cool and like to take the piss out of each other.....what do you care?

lastly, you have chosen a path as well....and i won't take any shit off you either....

blah blah blah, Manu. I at least admitted it would have been better just to stay out...you're still pathetically attempting to justifying your temper tantrum by slamming anyone who has the audacity to say that calling someone a twat or a prick over asking you to follow the rules (even if, as Mr. P point out, in a joke thread it really could have been let go) was unnecessary and childish.

It was a silly thread to begin with took a huge dive into stupid...I should have stayed out of it, but was amazed that anyone would get so hostile over being asked for a source and now I totally accept my responsibility in making it worse than it was to begin with. Next time you want to have an attack of Turret's Syndrome because someone dares to say they didn't like your post and you didn't give a source...I'll know better and just leave you to it.

Forum List

Back