2007 debates.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vintij, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    What are you opinions on the republican and democratic debates?

Personally I thought that frontrunner Hillary Clinton was more concernd with bashing republicans, than debating opponents. She may be the front runner but I really hope she does not get elected.

Obama seemed very composed, I like his immigration plan. He is open to working with mexico on this issue and understands that this is a nation of diverse ethnicity.

Edwards would be a perfect vice president with Obama if they combined forces. His healthcare plan is better than all the democrats plan of raising taxes to cover everyone. You dont need to raise taxes to cover everyone you just need to put a cap on the insurance companys profit. They are the ones screwing it up, just like oil companys.

(Note to republicans, the free market can only take you so far. Until you have a monopoly on your hands, then the government literally has to take over and stop the corruption.)

Rudy Gulliani is a dope. He is trying to get the sympathy vote for 9-11, yet all he does is bash democrats. You cant get votes, bashing democrats (who happen to controll the senate and the house right now) So how can he work in a bipartisan way after bashing them all the way to the top?

Huckabee is still a lunatic, with punchlines similar to george bush. I hope he does not get nominated. Hes such a tool.

I do like the republicans side stepping the gay issue though, that was classic. Every single one of them said "well we should not talk about this stupid stuff during time of war" and they are right but, well cant at least one of you talk about it? I mean its going to be an election year coming up, people want to know what you think, not that you can dodge a question.

Ofcourse none of them believe gays should serve openly in the military. I think I will leave that issue to the gays and the soldiers, since It wont really effect me.

Mitt Romney supports the president in every way. What a surprise, another republican supporting his leader. He actually said he would make bush an ambassador of the US during times of tragedy because he has character, hes honest.....blah blah blah. BUSH??!?! Is going to represent america overseas? Good lord I have seen it all. Is he not the one that alienated us in the first place?

A little advice, if you want to be president, dont align yourself with the worst one.

Basically all the nominees want to stay in Iraq.

So voters, let it be known. If you like the way Iraq is going, and think we should stay for a very long time. Vote republican. lol.

Good luck on that issue next year republicans.

As for democrats.....Good luck explaining your stupidity in handling a simple war funding bill. Its easy, either you fund it because you agree.....or you dont because you dont. They basically funded the war that they oppose, way to make a statement. Ofcourse they got the extra money they wanted.....well thats just great, but why do I care?

Anyone else have an opinion?

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    You would work well with Republicans after all your kind words abouth them

The Dem debtae was like a high schoold debate. They blamed Bush for everything and offered no new solutions

The Dems went witht he usual answers - higher taxes, surrender in Iraq, government run health care, and how the US needs to suck up to the rest of the world

3. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Actually they offered several new plans in healthcare and immigration. Iraq not so much, just the usual "I will get them out" rant. If I were voting republican, I would vote for......Mcain. If I were voting democrat I would vote for Obama.

But RSR, you should stop aligning yourself with president Bush, even your republican nominees are all bashing Bush. He is hopeless.

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    All the plans were the same - government run and a hell of huge price tag. They all would pay for it with higher taxes

I have my disagreements with Pres Bush: spending, immigration, global waming crap, and not pushing for more tax cuts

McCain is a RINO and he does not have a chance in getting the nomination

5. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,124
    From all I can tell, the debates this early are just plain silly. Pretty much the same questions, no one wants to distinguish themselves from the others too much for fear of losing support, save Ron Paul, and this goes to both parties. The CNN debates are perhaps the mosr ridiculous, raise your hand if you believe... Come on, raise your hand? Fuck me! Ask them a question they can answer for shits sake. WTF? Raise your hand? Wow, now there's a new debate format!

The Fox Republican debate has, so far and for the most part, been the best of the debates (IMO), Democrat and Republican. Though I did take humbrage with that idiotic hypothetical terrorist attack question.

In my opinion, the Democrats were foolish to cancel their date with Fox News (I use the term news loosely, more than anything, Fox is a news analysis/opinion network). Based on what I've seen, FN was tougher on the Republican candidates than CNN was on the Democrat candidates, but that's probably why they canceled.

They won't face Fox, but they want us to think they will stand down terrorism. (jk)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I haven't watch them yet because so much can change between now and next year so I'll wait it out when the real candidates who survive start to shuffle for votes.

7. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Fox News educated CNN on how to run a debate

8. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    CNN gives about 10 seconds of response time. If they wanted a quick answer, they should stop asking umbrella questions. And the question about what job would you give to Former president bush or clinton, is a stupid question. Who cares what job you give them, I sure dont.

And the show of hands question about gay issues or religion issues, is not the way to run a debate. If these issues are important to people, drill the candidates with questions about them.

Ofcourse Its kind of hard to drill the republican candidates when they totally side step the gays in the military issue. I did not get one straight answer just a bunch of "we should not talk about this during times of war". Why dont they just come out and say they dont like gay people. Its not like it will hurt them. Most conservative voters dont like gays either. So whats the big deal, just show your true hatefull colors.

9. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    As I said, Fox News showed how a debate should be run

Dems offered nothing new - it was the same old same old

10. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,124
    I had forgotten about the gays in the military question. The easy answer would have been, "Don't ask don't tell was good enough for Bill Clinton, it's good enough for me."

The correct answer would have been, "In today's society, 'Don't ask don't tell' is an outdated attitude and an outdated policy. Time and time again, gay and lesbian service members have proven themselves in times of war to just as courageous and capable as their heterosexual counterparts. It is time to allow them to serve openly and proudly, while holding them to same standards of military conduct as we do straight service members."