2006 Winter Olympics

Mr. P said:
The Negro didn't play the game so Hendrick is pissed. That's what I get out of this sad event.
His mom is in the mold of Jesse Jackson, and Shani just seems like the prototypical self involved high-level athlete. He doesn't try and hide it at all... Hedrick, on the other hand, blabbers on and on about how Shani's not a team player, when the reason he's pissed is that Shani screwed up his shot at 5 gold medals, an undeniably self-oriented goal. Shani's no team player, but Hedrick's a tool for trying to look like one when he's really only out for himself as well. Like I said, they're all assholes... except for Joey Cheek. That guy is cool.

The ClayTaurus said:
His mom is in the mold of Jesse Jackson, and Shani just seems like the prototypical self involved high-level athlete. He doesn't try and hide it at all... Hedrick, on the other hand, blabbers on and on about how Shani's not a team player, when the reason he's pissed is that Shani screwed up his shot at 5 gold medals, an undeniably self-oriented goal. Shani's no team player, but Hedrick's a tool for trying to look like one when he's really only out for himself as well. Like I said, they're all assholes... except for Joey Cheek. That guy is cool.
I agree..may cut a bit short of saying "all", but these two sure were.

padisha emperor said:
Sweden won, and its goal keeper, Lundquist, made an awesome match.

Either way my ultimate goal came about. Forsberg isnt hurt. Gagne got hurt on Team Canada and it looks bad but so long as Forsberg is ok, the Flyers still have a shot at the cup.

Too bad for Niitymaki of Finland. He played awesome. I hope he starts now for the Flyers.

After the crappy overall American performance (c'mon, we won a bunch of medals in X Games style events), I still think it was a memorable Olympics because of Joey Cheek's success and then his amazing transformation afterwards into an impassioned, intelligent advocate for Darfur and the kids there (the guy raised $400,000 and donated his gold and silver medal proceeds). As well as the really impressive recoveries from painful injuries and accidents that several Americans experienced at the games. They tried their best in spite of the pain and you can't help but admire and cheer that.

Forum List

Back