2006 Winter Olympics

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I don't know about you all....but I can't wait for the Ole Einar Bjørndalen /
Michael Roesch showdown in the 12.5 Pursuit Biathlon.

I think the only thing I'll watch is the speedskating, specifically to see of Ohno can get the gold. I might also switch on the ski jumping as you always find some cool wipe outs from those psychos.

jimnyc said:
I think the only thing I'll watch is the speedskating, specifically to see of Ohno can get the gold. I might also switch on the ski jumping as you always find some cool wipe outs from those psychos.
Me too, what a kid, what a story!

I may watch some female figure skating and judge the cutest BUTT too. :)

GotZoom said:

ya know if they got to shoot at each other it would be more interesting

jimnyc said:

Friend of mine - I'll watch her, and I'll watch figure skating..That's about it.

http://www.usolympicteam.com/40797.htm

jimnyc said:
Did you see the poor kid BLOW-it last night? What a shame! I was sure he'd nail the Gold, but that pesky qualifing thing got in his way.

I've been hooked by the curling events again. While not the most athletic sport in the world, I find myself unable to shut it off. ( particularly the womens teams :hitit: )

dilloduck said:
I've been hooked by the curling events again. While not the most athletic sport in the world, I find myself unable to shut it off. ( particularly the womens teams :hitit: )

Yea we watch that at lunch time and we're strangely hooked... its boring but relaxing somehow.

the Speed skating is fantastic too.

padisha emperor said:
The best to watch at is, for me, hokey and bobsleigh (and skeleton).

The alpine ski too.

I like the luge and the skiing. My daughters love to watch the ice skating.

padisha emperor said:
Is Mario Lemieux still in canadian hockey team ?

I hope Canada will win again this games.

Nah Lemieux doesnt even play for Pittsburgh anymore in the NHL. He still owns the team but he retired, again, for the final time this past year. Age finally caught up to him.

I think either the Candiens or the Czechs are the favorites. Finland might be a suprise with Nittymaki in net.

GotZoom said:

what an amazing run it was ! fantastic, i found.

The French Vincent Defrasne won the race, Bjoerndalen took the 2nd place, but the finish was crazy : Defrasne missed 2 shoots in the last shooting, and was after it juste before Ole Einar Bjoerndalen, with only 6 seconds. Bjoerndalen joined him, and did the race in first.
Just before the last straight line, there is a U-turn. and here Defrasne fall (or not far) but successed to join O.E.B. and passed him in the last 25 meters, winning then the gold medal.
Vincent Defrasne is the new olympic champion, and he defeated the best athlet in this domain, Bjoerndalen.
This race had a crazy finish.

I was also very impressioning by Bode Miller in the Super-G. With a speed of about 100 km/hour, he was only on one ski after a mistake, but dosen't fall. Enormous, it shows he's talentfull.

Forum List

Back