2006: The Year in Bigotry

I presented it because I thought it was funny. And I guess you missed the disclaimer about the offensive language in the original post.
I find it rather difficult to disagree with stock footage, but I guess that's just me.
If you're actually interested in my opinion on the subject of this video, point by point, I think Mel Gibson is in denial about his bigotry toward jews and women, Rosie O'Donnell's a self-righteous hypocrite, Kelly Ripa was merely concerned about germs during cold and flu season, and Michael Richards' strong suits don't include standup comedy or anger management - though I'm a long-time fan of his acting and think he's one of the best physical comics ever and I don't believe he hates blacks any more than Bill Cosby does.

i don't believe you....as you neither stated originally that you thought it was funny nor did you post it in the humor section......btw how can you find these types of rants by actors funny?....now chris rock saying cracker ass cracker....now that is funny....or richard pryor doing his white boy accent...now that is funny.....

OK you don't believe me. Who cares.
Chris Rock's 'cracka-ass-cracka' thing I remember as him making fun of old, bitter black people. Besides, he and Richard Pryor spend as much time making fun of blacks as they do making fun of whites.
I'm thick-skinned enough to take it.

OK you don't believe me. Who cares.
Chris Rock's 'cracka-ass-cracka' think I remember him making fun of old, bitter black people. Besides, he and Richard Pryor spend as much time making fun of blacks as they do making fun of whites.
I'm thick-skinned enough to take it.

so your point in posting it was....white racist/bigoted/ignorant Hollywood actors are funny when they say stupid stuff?

so your point in posting it was....white racist/bigoted/ignorant Hollywood actors are funny when they say stupid stuff?
Don't sell yourself short, honey. You can't be as dumb as all that.

Don't sell yourself short, honey. You can't be as dumb as all that.

i have asked you a simple question twice....explain it to me...don't over estimate me.... i will drag you down to moron level and kick your ass with experience .... and if you think i can't just ask my wife

I presented it because I thought it was funny. And I guess you missed the disclaimer about the offensive language in the original post.
I find it rather difficult to disagree with stock footage, but I guess that's just me.
If you're actually interested in my opinion on the subject of this video, point by point, I think Mel Gibson is in denial about his bigotry toward jews and women, Rosie O'Donnell's a self-righteous hypocrite, Kelly Ripa was merely concerned about germs during cold and flu season, and Michael Richards' strong suits don't include standup comedy or anger management - though I'm a long-time fan of his acting and think he's one of the best physical comics ever and I don't believe he hates blacks any more than Bill Cosby does.

Edit: And the Pauly Shore thing turned out to be a staged hoax and I'm not sure what the point of it was.

Well, yeah, since we're talking about foul language and all ......:rolleyes:

My point is it's fine-n-dandy for minority groups to make fun of and offend whites, but the second any of us even mention someone else's race -- or in the case of Jews religion -- we're bigots and racists.

It's a bullshit double-standard, and the cry "racist" and/or "bigot" is used dismissively in lieu of any real point substantiated by fact.

And yeah, I'm one of those "backlash" MFers who's had enough. I will not be ashamed of who and what I am, nor take the blame for something that was done long before anyone living today was even thought of. Each-and-every time I see the double-standard, I'm going to call it the bullshit that it is.

i have asked you a simple question twice....explain it to me...don't over estimate me.... i will drag you down to moron level and kick your ass with experience .... and if you think i can't just ask my wife

It's kind of hard to explain why one thinks something's funny, but I guess I'll give it a shot:
The compilation of the video - with the snippets and the blurbs and the dubbed-in funny voices and the Sesame Street-esque song - is, in my opinion, - now try to stay with me, okay? - funny.
I know it's not 'how many whatevers does it take to screw in a lightbulb,' but to each his own. Several others on Gawker.com and YouTube have also thought it was funny. Why don't you go ask them all why.

BTW, Sounds like your wife must be a very happy woman. :clap2:

It's kind of hard to explain why one thinks something's funny, but I guess I'll give it a shot:
The compilation of the video - with the snippets and the blurbs and the dubbed-in funny voices and the Sesame Street-esque song - is, in my opinion, - now try to stay with me, okay? - funny.
I know it's not 'how many whatevers does it take to screw in a lightbulb,' but to each his own. Several others on Gawker.com and YouTube have also thought it was funny. Why don't you go ask them all why.

BTW, Sounds like your wife must be a very happy woman. :clap2:

big dick...what can i say

I also know that not all Jews are white. Go figure :rolleyes:

Wow, you must be a brain surgeon. Where did I say I DIDN'T know all Jews aren't white?

The fact that a single Ethiopian Jew exists debunks your idiotic assertion (which you tried to make by posing an idiotic question) that all Jews are white.

Actually, I never asserted that ALL Jews are white. I just know that a vast majority are, which means the diatribe that started our little exchange is just more racist garbage and the person didn't take time to think their little piece of propaganda through.

HAHAHAHAeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The irony is fantastic. But probably over your head.

Not over my head at all. If you were any more transparent you'd be made of glass...you're trying to make out I'm the bigot/racist. You're new around here. Ask those with a few more posts under their belt who my cyber doppleganger is around here. Then ask them her religion. You're very similar to another poster on these boards - he too tries desperately to bat above his weight and ends up looking like an Ethiopian circa 1984....

Wow, you must be a brain surgeon. Where did I say I DIDN'T know all Jews aren't white?

Right here: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=46216&page=2

Just to refresh your memory:

Dr Grump said:
Actually, I never asserted that ALL Jews are white. I just know that a vast majority are...

bullshit_meter.jpg

Your question wasn't "most Jews arent white?" but rather "Jews aren't white?". Big difference, not that I expect you to understand it.

yep she is stupid and i can't type and don't care to proof read

but.....

freedom of speech allows me to call you both stupid.....ya misogynist pig
Wow great comeback. We're stupid. Did you think of that all on your own or did you get help from that 2nd grader that showed you how to spell speech?

Oh, quit your paranoid cry-fest. It was meant to be funny.
By the way, Pauly Shore's in there as an example of racism toward whites calling a white southern guy 'Hoss' and a crowd of Texans 'White Trash MFs', but I guess in your rush to pull your 'white men have it the worst' race card, you missed that part

I am neither "paranoid" nor having a "cry-fest", I must have missed the part where in your original post you stated this was in jest or for poking fun at ourselves.

I don't believe calling a white guy Hoss is bigoted or racist!!! How can one be rascist towards one's own race???

Ohh and by the way I watched the whole stupid video. this was just an attempt to make whites look bad all the way around. You can try to deflect from that but that is what you were trying to do. Why dont you just be honost and admit that.

I love how in just a few post and very short time on this board you have jumped right in on the insulting band wagon and belittling of others

Wow great comeback. We're stupid. Did you think of that all on your own or did you get help from that 2nd grader that showed you how to spell speech?
You know one thing I have learned while responding on boards is that you really dont pounce on someones spelling errors that usually comes back to bite you in the ass. No matter how careful you are you will misspell something somewhere.

A misspelled word is not a measure of someones intelligence

You know one thing I have learned while responding on boards is that you really dont pounce on someones spelling errors that usually comes back to bite you in the ass. No matter how careful you are you will misspell something somewhere.

A misspelled word is not a measure of someones intelegence
You mean intelligence. :razz:

But yeah I hear what you're saying, somewhat. Spelling errors occur. No denying that. Especially when you're in a hurry. Everyone does it. But when you misspell 'freedom of speach' it's pretty fucking obvious that you don't know how to spell the word. It's not like the other 'e' is on the other side of the keyboard. But I'll give Manu credit for spelling 'freedom' and 'of' correctly.

As for snowman, wiggles, and I, we're new to the board but not new to message boards. We know how to handle ourselves. Don't let the 40 posts fool you.

I am neither "paranoid" nor having a "cry-fest", I must have missed the part where in your original post you stated this was in jest or for poking fun at ourselves.

I don't believe calling a white guy Hoss is bigoted or racist!!! How can one be rascist towards one's own race???
Then I guess it seems pretty stupid to insinuate that Wiggles was trying to attack whites when she's white herself.

Ohh and by the way I watched the whole stupid video. this was just an attempt to make whites look bad all the way around. You can try to deflect from that but that is what you were trying to do. Why dont you just be honost and admit that.
Bullshit. This video was a year in review of Hollywood celebs when they made headlines. I saw the same shit on VH1 the other day. The fact that I know Wiggles and seen her rant on how overblown the blacks made out the racial slurs and how stupid it was for Richards to have to kiss Jesse Jackson's ass makes your accusations preposterous.

I love how in just a few post and very short time on this board you have jumped right in on the insulting band wagon and belittling of others
Oh stop crying. You guys tried to gangbang her like Jodie Foster in The Accused. Not only did people imply that she posted the video with an intent she didn't have, but you still continue after she's clarified her position regarding the video.

Right here: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=46216&page=2

Just to refresh your memory:

Your question wasn't "most Jews arent white?" but rather "Jews aren't white?". Big difference, not that I expect you to understand it.

My memory needs no refreshing. Nowhere in that post did I say ALL Jews are white. If you want a little "win" to satiate your ego be my guest. But let me remind you, the piece I was responding to was titled Proud to be White, and reading it the writer definitely put Jews in the non-white category. I was merely pointing out an obvious fallacy in his/her racist diatribe..

My memory needs no refreshing. Nowhere in that post did I say ALL Jews are white. If you want a little "win" to satiate your ego be my guest. But let me remind you, the piece I was responding to was titled Proud to be White, and reading it the writer definitely put Jews in the non-white category. I was merely pointing out an obvious fallacy in his/her racist diatribe..

It's a common racist ploy to say that Jews aren't white. You know, the whole Aryan thing and all.

Yeah, yeah. Just doing my part for the big Self-Hating Caucasion Liberal Conspiracy.

Forum List

Back