2004 study by Bush Admin discovered oil rig parts...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
wouldn't hold up at depths we operated at...but no action was taken.

I heard this on some talk show today and can't find anything about it at the moment.

Anyone?

I heard this on some talk show today and can't find anything about it at the moment.

Anyone?

obama has had time, he didn't take action, it's his watch..

Anyone?

Good point, he is Superman, capable of saving the economy, saving people in Tenn from drowning, and rolling back all the stupid shit the Bush admin did.

Good deflection from your hero. :lol:

Anyone?

No kiddin' Talkin' about scrapin' the barrel to put the final nails into Bush?

Does the hatred of him really run this deep with these statists? Really?

Bush was a disappointment to many of us...but many of us are resigned to the fact he's GONE. History...But are we witnessing another attempt at revisionism on the part of Ravioli?

Anyone?

Bush was a disappointment to many of us...but many of us are resigned to the fact he's GONE. History...But are we witnessing another attempt at revisionism on the part of Ravioli?

Well, if it ain't Bush they're hating on it's Palin.. I think it's cause they are white people.

Anyone?

Host Rick Sanchez asked "What did these guys do wrong? Were they careless?"

Kennedy replied affirmatively and went on to attack not merely the single company (British Petroleum) responsible for the drilling platform, but the entire oil industry and the Bush administration:

"But because of the oil industry's influence on the Bush administration -- the Bush administration waved that requirement [for acoustic regulators used in Europe]. So it made the oil spills intrinsically much more dangerous," Kennedy claimed.

Read more: RFK Jr. Attacks Bush, Oil Industry for ?Wild West? Drilling, Gulf Coast Oil Spill | NewsBusters.org

RFK Jr. Attacks Bush, Oil Industry for ?Wild West? Drilling, Gulf Coast Oil Spill | NewsBusters.org
:eusa_shhh:

made it more dangerous because of easing of regulations and such...

Last edited:
Last edited:

Anyone?

Obama is responsible for an oil well that was drilled under Bush's okay?

Anyone?
Your wish is my command. :lol:

Safety Device Questioned in '04 - WSJ.com

Federal regulators learned in a 2004 study that a vital piece of oil-drilling safety equipment may not function in deep-water seas but did nothing to bolster industry requirements.

The equipment, called shear rams, is supposed to seal off out-of-control oil and gas wells by pinching the pipe closed and cutting it.

As oil companies drilled wells in deeper water, the shear rams had to become stronger and manufacturers responded. But the federally commissioned study questioned whether enough was known about the force required to shear off a pipe at these depths to set proper standards.

The Effort Underwater

OB-IJ127_ShearP_D_20100502222644.jpg

See how BP engineers are trying to stop the flow.

Experts theorize the rams may have failed to work as expected in the Deepwater Horizon disaster, contributing to accident that left 11 dead and an open pipe spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico.

BP PLC, the giant British oil company that leased the Deepwater Horizon, says it learned from evacuees who escaped the burning rig that workers had tried to activate the shear rams. BP was leasing the rig from Transocean Ltd. and most of the workers were employees of Transocean.

A Transocean spokesman declined comment.

The shear rams are an integral part of the giant blowout preventer, which sits on the sea floor, 5,000 feet below the surface. R. Scott Amann, a spokesman for the sheer ram manufacturer, Cameron International Corp., said he did not know exactly what happened.

Anyone?

Good point, he is Superman, capable of saving the economy, saving people in Tenn from drowning, and rolling back all the stupid shit the Bush admin did.

Good deflection from your hero. :lol:

ravi....ravi.....ravi.....

please

Anyone?

Federal regulators learned in a 2004 study that a vital piece of oil-drilling safety equipment may not function in deep-water seas but did nothing to bolster industry requirements.

The equipment, called shear rams, is supposed to seal off out-of-control oil and gas wells by pinching the pipe closed and cutting it.

As oil companies drilled wells in deeper water, the shear rams had to become stronger and manufacturers responded. But the federally commissioned study questioned whether enough was known about the force required to shear off a pipe at these depths to set proper standards.

The Effort Underwater

Experts theorize the rams may have failed to work as expected in the Deepwater Horizon disaster, contributing to accident that left 11 dead and an open pipe spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico.

BP PLC, the giant British oil company that leased the Deepwater Horizon, says it learned from evacuees who escaped the burning rig that workers had tried to activate the shear rams. BP was leasing the rig from Transocean Ltd. and most of the workers were employees of Transocean.

The shear rams are an integral part of the giant blowout preventer, which sits on the sea floor, 5,000 feet below the surface. R. Scott Amann, a spokesman for the sheer ram manufacturer, Cameron International Corp., said he did not know exactly what happened.

:eusa_shhh:

Well, if it ain't Bush they're hating on it's Palin.. I think it's cause they are white people.

With the left [That focuses ON Race/Ethnicity]? It's readily apparent...as they try to stick the 'Racist' Moniker on those that don't tow their line.

They're duplicitous projectionists that just cannot help themselves.

Anyone?

The Effort Underwater

So a mechanical engineer could not determine the correct tinsel strength needed but a Bush admin regulator could have?

Anyone?

The Effort Underwater

So a mechanical engineer could not determine the correct tinsel strength needed but a Bush admin regulator could have?

there was an argument in the BUSH admin on how to go---they went with the wrong argument. Now we pay for it and the profits keep rolling...

With the left [That focuses ON Race/Ethnicity]? It's readily apparent...as they try to stick the 'Racist' Moniker on those that don't tow their line.

They're duplicitous projectionists that just cannot help themselves.

yeah, the 'Niggar' sign being held by a Tea Party founder was all a leftist plot

The Effort Underwater

there was an argument in the BUSH admin on how to go---they went with the wrong argument. Now we pay for it and the profits keep rolling...
Gotchya!
:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back