2001 A Space Odyssey Is Now 50 Years Old

Ray Bradbury termed it "banal".

Those long sequences of watching the Discovery float by were much longer at the premiere. People remarked "c'mon already!" :laugh:

I do not want to go to another planet.

I want to send the Democrats to another planet.
No question it will be democrats who go. You cons don’t even believe in science or nafta.

Of course not. I mean, men can turn into women? Not a chance. Greenland underwater by now? Please.
I meant science and NASA. You guys won’t go to space because you don’t believe in science or NASA.

That means the humans who survive planet earth will be all liberals.

You're very weird. I hope your error entertains you.

Remember, it was Obama who cancelled the Constellation project and turned NASA into a Muslim outreach agency.
All I know is it's you conservative here on USMB who say NASA is lying about global warming. That makes you a fucking retard of the highest caliber.

So why would you dare go on a ship built by those liars?
We live more and more in an era that is written in the last chapter of the Bible. You can be secular or religious. One of the tenants is that people will not be able to "buy and sell" without getting approval from the powers that be. Many people will not get jobs if they do not agree to the standards of employment. Many of the scientists coming out of colleges will not get hired unless they agree to the agendas. Ironically once many of the scientists reach tenure their views are changed a bit. This is not the same NASA as fifty years ago. They were men and individuals who worked like a team and knew the dangers. NASA has spent untold billions of dollars on unmanned Mars spacecraft and can not find a living molecule. At least that is what we are being told. Satellites circling the earth measuring our biosphere can be skewered and are.

No question it will be democrats who go. You cons don’t even believe in science or nafta.

Of course not. I mean, men can turn into women? Not a chance. Greenland underwater by now? Please.
I meant science and NASA. You guys won’t go to space because you don’t believe in science or NASA.

Remember, it was Obama who cancelled the Constellation project and turned NASA into a Muslim outreach agency.
All I know is it's you conservative here on USMB who say NASA is lying about global warming. That makes you a fucking retard of the highest caliber.

We live more and more in an era that is written in the last chapter of the Bible. You can be secular or religious. One of the tenants is that people will not be able to "buy and sell" without getting approval from the powers that be. Many people will not get jobs if they do not agree to the standards of employment. Many of the scientists coming out of colleges will not get hired unless they agree to the agendas. Ironically once many of the scientists reach tenure their views are changed a bit. This is not the same NASA as fifty years ago. They were men and individuals who worked like a team and knew the dangers. NASA has spent untold billions of dollars on unmanned Mars spacecraft and can not find a living molecule. At least that is what we are being told. Satellites circling the earth measuring our biosphere can be skewered and are.
I doubt Jesus will be dashing around in the cloud riding a mustang horse but he will be riding in his new Ford Mustang convertible waving to the wretched mass murder of humans...

Oh brother. They said that the days after Jesus was crucified. If killing god wasn't the biggest sign we were in the last chapter of the Bible, nothing is.

They've been saying this for centuries. The year 100, the year 300, 500, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400's, 1600's, 1800s and now 2000's you too say clearly we are in the end days?

How about you listen the scientists who agree we are destroying the earth.

I'm sorry the bible didn't predict global warming but you must drop that ancient artifact and listen the the scientists. They aren't lying but the religious nuts are. They are the con men.

Stop believing the rich. Who am I referring to? The churches, corporations, Republicans and media that is controlled by them.

The churches are just another way they control the masses. Sheep. Flock. Get it?

Oh brother. They said that the days after Jesus was crucified. If killing god wasn't the biggest sign we were in the last chapter of the Bible, nothing is.

They've been saying this for centuries. The year 100, the year 300, 500, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400's, 1600's, 1800s and now 2000's you too say clearly we are in the end days?

How about you listen the scientists who agree we are destroying the earth.

I'm sorry the bible didn't predict global warming but you must drop that ancient artifact and listen the the scientists. They aren't lying but the religious nuts are. They are the con men.

Stop believing the rich. Who am I referring to? The churches, corporations, Republicans and media that is controlled by them.

The churches are just another way they control the masses. Sheep. Flock. Get it?
The next job you go for, do not sign the paperwork saying you are for all of the social justice agendas that keep expanding. Or why are religious owned stores and franchises being shut out? Not the only examples. And of course the movement to incorporate the United States into the North American Union with Mexico and Canada. One of maybe a dozen loose governments in a confeeration world government. We are already part of the way there. You live by your conspiracies of global climate and no oil and no atmosphere and no ozone and no trees and no insects and the rest. But other things are just to silly for you. Whether religious or secular these things are happening.

this is just a phenomenal movie
camera angles/dialogue/silence/lighting/etc etc extremely well done
HAL is just a camera lense with a light behind it---presented/etc as an entity
the long, slow view of the space ship reminds me of 1977 Star Wars views
....I just watched some documentaries on the movie .....they said they went to some toy model company and picked up scraps and put these scraps on the outside of the huge model for the space ship---which is ''similar'' to what the Star Wars ships look like = a bunch of ''pieces'' on the outside of the ship models
...this is the Star Wars of the 60's--it's way ahead of it's time

John Dykstra, SFX chief on STAR WARS, worked for Doug Trumbull, SFX chief on 2001, at Trumbull's company Future General, on the 1972 SF film SILENT RUNNING. Techniques used on STAR WARS were developed there.

Forum List

Back