2001-2008: 2.4 million jobs moved to China: Do politicians care?

Don't you read anything that isn't Lefty talking points?

The top marginal tax rate for the Feds will increase to 39.6% if the Bush tax cuts expire. (this is widely available data you can find for yourself) Add to that 1.45% for Medicare and state income taxes of 9%+ in some blue states, and we are over 50%. Factor in AMT and losing deductions, and it's even higher.

For the self-employed, it's even worse as the Medicare tax is doubled.

For two income families, the marginal rate for the second income adds another 12.4% to the total as SS is now applied, resulting in a marginal tax rate of well over 60%, approaching 70% if the second income is from self-employed activities.

If you add in state income taxes it's even worse. If you live in NYC then you have to add NYC income tax as well. The overall rate is probably 90% in some cases.

You have some evidence of that, right?

22% of my income goes into my profit sharing, the maximum allowed. I'm also paying off a $30,000 loan I took out of my profit sharing to pay off the rest of my College tuition that has to be paid in 5 years. What's left over is a comfortable living. No one is taking anywhere near 90% of my income in taxes.

Prove your assertions. Post some links.
You live in NYC?

Since you asked it twice, I suspected you thought is was a clever "gotcha" question. I thought I would play along.

The truth is, you can't avoid "buying from China". As you can see from the following article, Republican policies were designed to make us dependent on China. I wonder how much it cost them? The Chinese I mean.

Rare Earths: China's Weapon

Rare earths, also known as "strategic metals," are a number of scarce elements necessary for many contemporary technologies, both military and civilian. Among the products implicated are wind turbines, hybrid cars, night-vision equipment, and radar.

Rare earths are scarce, not because they are not widespread, but because they are not normally found in high enough concentrations to make their exploitation economically feasible.

Over the last decade, China has emerged as the main producer and exporter of these elements, and currently supplies some 97% of world demand. This is a result both of its lower production costs, as well as the stricter regulatory and environmental policies in the United States. One key example is the closure of Mountain Pass Mine in California in 2002.

PanOrient News | Rare Earths: China's Weapon Too Soon

China raised concerns by reducing its export quotas for raw rare earth elements from 2005 through 2009, forcing foreign companies to buy more Chinese-made products containing or manufactured from rare earth elements.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/22/business/energy-environment/22rare.html?pagewanted=all

22rare-slide1-articleLarge.jpg

Why do I always get the impression the right wing defends anything to do with some corporation making a buck? Even at the expense of THIS country????

well we knew it was to good to be true.....Dean actually talking non-partisan....of course Dean wont tell you how Rich Democrats are just as much behind this as Rich Republicans.....

It's Republicans who want to spend money going after the gays, limiting women's rights and wanting drug testing for people on unemployment.

It costs a lot to invade people's bedrooms and their private lives.

Just the lawsuits from fighting "magical creation" in science class has led to higher costs or schools skipping the teaching of science, which of course is expensive because of the damage it causes.

Besides, as I linked to before, the private sector has grown for the last eight months. Unemployment is higher because of the number of jobs lost "from the government". That means the government has actually gotten SMALLER under Obama. Not having money caused it.

Do you guys do any research EVER. You sit right in front of the Internet. USE IT!!!!
hey FUCKING DISHONEST ASSHOLE!!!.....not EVERY person on your fucking right adheres to this you stupid Sonofabitch.....if your so fucking smart why cant your fucking Newtonian Brain grasp this simple concept.....dam you are fucking pathetic....

If you add in state income taxes it's even worse. If you live in NYC then you have to add NYC income tax as well. The overall rate is probably 90% in some cases.

You have some evidence of that, right?

22% of my income goes into my profit sharing, the maximum allowed. I'm also paying off a $30,000 loan I took out of my profit sharing to pay off the rest of my College tuition that has to be paid in 5 years. What's left over is a comfortable living. No one is taking anywhere near 90% of my income in taxes.

Prove your assertions. Post some links.
You live in NYC?

Ohh local taxes and all that?
No one HAS to live in NYC. If they want to they can pay the premium.

The economy growing is not always good for the citizens overall.

Yes, shrinking economies help much more.

Are you this stupid in real life or is this just an internet troll thing?
\
$4 gas was good for economic figures was it good for the people?

and in any case I am smarter than you.

The UE rate was under 5%. You tell me.
I want to hear how stagnant/shrinking economies help more than a growing economy.

Yes, shrinking economies help much more.

Are you this stupid in real life or is this just an internet troll thing?
\

I want to hear how stagnant/shrinking economies help more than a growing economy.

You cannot put words in my mouth I did not say that stagnant/shrinking economies were better.

I said what I said and stand by it.

\

You cannot put words in my mouth I did not say that stagnant/shrinking economies were better.

I said what I said and stand by it.

You said an expanding economy wasn't good for people across the board.
So by definition you must think a shrinking or stagnant economy is. I want to hear this rationale.

Here is whar I said:
"The economy growing is not always good for the citizens overall."

Umm is not ALWAYS good....

You are too busy creating your own rationalle about a post you clearly did not understand.

Here is whar I said:
"The economy growing is not always good for the citizens overall."

Umm is not ALWAYS good....

Please explain when a growing economy is not good for the citizens.

when the economy grows because of big increases in energy, healthcare, or food prices without a corresponding increase in wages.

If oil prices are up do you not think that is a positive for people working in the oil industry?
And if prices are up just because prices are higher, then that is called inflation, not a growth in the economy.

when the economy grows because of big increases in energy, healthcare, or food prices without a corresponding increase in wages.

If oil prices are up do you not think that is a positive for people working in the oil industry?
And if prices are up just because prices are higher, then that is called inflation, not a growth in the economy.

It boosts the GDP. It did last time.

It was also a straw that broke the camels back.
There were too many different major interlocked schemes going on. The house built of cards came down.
Well actually there are still a few levels not yet fallen.
A matter of when not if.

Last edited:

Prices go up so you automatically get a raise? Is that what you're saying?

It's Republicans who want to spend money going after the gays, limiting women's rights and wanting drug testing for people on unemployment.

Just the lawsuits from fighting "magical creation" in science class has led to higher costs or schools skipping the teaching of science, which of course is expensive because of the damage it causes.

Besides, as I linked to before, the private sector has grown for the last eight months. Unemployment is higher because of the number of jobs lost "from the government". That means the government has actually gotten SMALLER under Obama. Not having money caused it.

Do you guys do any research EVER. You sit right in front of the Internet. USE IT!!!!
hey FUCKING DISHONEST ASSHOLE!!!.....not EVERY person on your fucking right adheres to this you stupid Sonofabitch.....if your so fucking smart why cant your fucking Newtonian Brain grasp this simple concept.....dam you are fucking pathetic....

I hope you feel better now.

Was there a point buried in that spew?

I hope you feel better now.

Was there a point buried in that spew?

His point was rather clear.

Not everyone to your right in politics, agrees with, or supports the polices of BOTH PARTIES that lead to jobs going over seas.

some people think in such shallow terms that they think parties matter in the US. But there is only one party in the US. The left and right are fictional sides of the same political monopoly. And they have far, far more in common than in contrast.

New Rule: anybody who blames the other party loses the argument, period!

Obviously not, or the current crop of politicians in power wouldn't be doing everything they can to make businesses less competative on some false concept that supporting businesses only benefit the rich or that people making money through business transactions is evil.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back