200.000 "islaves" Don´t Manage To Make Enough Iphone 6

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
iSlave-iPhone-5-Foxconn.png

A Foxconn iPhone 5 laying battery (2012)

Foxconn produces 400.000 iPhone 6 and 140.000 iPhone 6 Plus per day but that is not able to meet the pre-order demands. Waiting times of up to several weeks will be the result. This is not believed to be an artificial shortage but the 200.000 workers who are just making iPhone 6 at this moment have their problems to be in time due to display shortages.

Apple fans may have to wait for weeks to get the new iPhones as Apple’s major assembler Foxconn appears to be struggling to boost its production to meet strong demand.

Foxconn has continued to hire more workers to assemble the two new iPhone models at its largest production site in Zhengzhou, north central China, according to people familiar with the matter. The company has more than 200,000 workers in the Zhengzhou site, dedicated to just making new iPhones and key components such as metal casings.

The Taiwan-based manufacturer, which has more than one million workers in China, is operating about 100 production lines around the clock in Zhengzhou. The challenge is to manufacture two complicated new iPhones on a large scale at the same time because Foxconn is the sole assembler of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. It also makes the majority of the iPhone 6 that comes with a 4.7-inch display, the people said.

“For iPhone 6 Plus, we are still ramping up the production line. Another reason for the limited supply is the shortage of 5.5-inch displays,” said the person.

The output rate of 5.5-inch is still only around 50%-60%, which means display makers have to scrap almost half of the substandard output, said a person at a display component supplier.

The person said the output rate of the 4.7-inch display is better at 85%.

The production is complicated because the displays use in-cell technology. This allows the screens to be thinner and lighter by integrating touch sensors into the liquid crystal display, making it unnecessary to have a separate touch-screen layer, according to people familiar with the matter.

Foxconn Struggles to Meet New iPhone Demand - Digits - WSJ

I don't recall slaves making wages or being able to quit.
Their wage is a joke and is not even adequate to rent an apartment (not to mention further costs of living, electricity, food, etc), the working and living conditions inside the facilities are terrible and there are many students who are forced to work for Foxconn if they want to finish their studies.

Their wage is a joke and is not even adequate to rent an apartment (not to mention further costs of living, electricity, food, etc), the working and living conditions inside the facilities are terrible and there are many students who are forced to work for Foxconn if they want to finish their studies.

I missed the part where you provided any proof for such claims.

I missed the part where you provided any proof for such claims.
Have you proved that you want a proof?

However, Foxconn wage is about 2 - 3 $ (18,4215 Renminbi Yuan) per hour, here are the costs of living outside the Foxconn facilities:
Cost of Living in China. Prices in China. Updated Sep 2014

Foxconn housing (17 $ per month)
372705c8.jpg

Foxconn Suicide nets:
075bd87b.jpg

10 Staggering Facts Behind Apple s Foxconn Factory

I didn't say developing economies were ideal, but to compare it to slavery is an insult to those who actually suffered, and suffer today, under actual slavery.

iSlave-iPhone-5-Foxconn.png

A Foxconn iPhone 5 laying battery (2012)

Foxconn produces 400.000 iPhone 6 and 140.000 iPhone 6 Plus per day but that is not able to meet the pre-order demands. Waiting times of up to several weeks will be the result. This is not believed to be an artificial shortage but the 200.000 workers who are just making iPhone 6 at this moment have their problems to be in time due to display shortages.

Apple fans may have to wait for weeks to get the new iPhones as Apple’s major assembler Foxconn appears to be struggling to boost its production to meet strong demand.

Foxconn has continued to hire more workers to assemble the two new iPhone models at its largest production site in Zhengzhou, north central China, according to people familiar with the matter. The company has more than 200,000 workers in the Zhengzhou site, dedicated to just making new iPhones and key components such as metal casings.

The Taiwan-based manufacturer, which has more than one million workers in China, is operating about 100 production lines around the clock in Zhengzhou. The challenge is to manufacture two complicated new iPhones on a large scale at the same time because Foxconn is the sole assembler of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. It also makes the majority of the iPhone 6 that comes with a 4.7-inch display, the people said.

“For iPhone 6 Plus, we are still ramping up the production line. Another reason for the limited supply is the shortage of 5.5-inch displays,” said the person.

The output rate of 5.5-inch is still only around 50%-60%, which means display makers have to scrap almost half of the substandard output, said a person at a display component supplier.

The person said the output rate of the 4.7-inch display is better at 85%.

The production is complicated because the displays use in-cell technology. This allows the screens to be thinner and lighter by integrating touch sensors into the liquid crystal display, making it unnecessary to have a separate touch-screen layer, according to people familiar with the matter.

Foxconn Struggles to Meet New iPhone Demand - Digits - WSJ

Those lazy bastards...NO RICE FOR YOU!!

I didn't say developing economies were ideal, but to compare it to slavery is an insult to those who actually suffered, and suffer today, under actual slavery.
Your life doesn´t improve when you are not an official slave but nevertheless live under slavish conditions. Why are you whining? Wouldn´t the 200.000 China jobs make 200.000 - 300.000 well payed US jobs if the iPhone would be domestically produced?

Last edited:
Your life doesn´t improve when you are not an official slave but nevertheless live under slavish conditions. Why are you whining? Wouldn´t the 200.000 China jobs make 400.000 well payed US jobs if the iPhone would be domestically produced?

Sure..if you dont mind paying $3,000 bucks for a phone.

Your life doesn´t improve when you are not an official slave but nevertheless live under slavish conditions. Why are you whining? Wouldn´t the 200.000 China jobs make 400.000 well payed US jobs if the iPhone would be domestically produced?

Not necessarily. The price would increase but the profit margin would decrease. iPhones are known for their great profit margin.

Your life doesn´t improve when you are not an official slave but nevertheless live under slavish conditions. Why are you whining? Wouldn´t the 200.000 China jobs make 200.000 - 300.000 well payed US jobs if the iPhone would be domestically produced?
Except choosing to work for Foxconn because it's your best option is not working under "slavish conditions." Slavish conditions would be if somebody kidnapped you and forced you to work for nothing under the threat of death. It doesn't matter to me where the iPhone is produced, because I'm not a protectionist or a nationalist. Producing the iPhones at Foxconn makes Apple and the workers at Foxconn better off, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I'm afraid I can't find a problem with that.

Not necessarily. The price would increase but the profit margin would decrease. iPhones are known for their great profit margin.

Really? Have you shopped for an American made TV lately?

Except choosing to work for Foxconn because it's your best option is not working under "slavish conditions." Slavish conditions would be if somebody kidnapped you and forced you to work for nothing under the threat of death. It doesn't matter to me where the iPhone is produced, because I'm not a protectionist or a nationalist. Producing the iPhones at Foxconn makes Apple and the workers at Foxconn better off, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I'm afraid I can't find a problem with that.
It is economical and in the end political suicide. Foxconn´s suicide nets won´t help. Billions of Dollars "escape" from the US national economy lowering the American purchasing power and therefor increase the iPhone´s price compared to the wage. Furthermore, foreign companies may not buy ground in China, must cooperate in an joint-venture with a Chinese company and give the company´s know how to Chinese authorities. In political tensions with China, China has 4 Trillion Dollar reserve. China holds US debts worth 1,2 Trillion $. And there are all the goods, China could lock at any time.

Really? Have you shopped for an American made TV lately?
Just found this GDR made 51-1223 (TXT)...
DDR_RFT_Stassfurt_Color40_51_1223_front_.jpg

Remember when libs thought Asian sweatshops were immoral......now not so much when big libs profit

Forum List

Back