20 years - LA Riots.

54 people were murdered and hundreds assaulted. The liberal media showed little remorse for what they promoted and Obama hired a ringleader, Van Jones to be on his green jobs board.

Then he tells this story:

"It was like three months ago. I was on a Metrolink, coming home from L.A." A young sheriff's deputy walked in. "He was just doing his job...."

As King recounts the incident, his eyes narrow, his right hand shakes.

"My mind is flashing back to the incident in '91," he says. "Because I see the uniform, so immediately I am thinking back to that beating."

It was a struggle, he says, to not dwell on "bad thoughts."

Bad thoughts?

"Kick some ass. Revenge. I mean, all kinds of things. Your mind will drift off so you gotta hold on for yourself. You find yourself in a bad way if you let your mind drift too long, you know."

As King retells it, the deputy turned toward him and said, "I thought that was you, Rodney! How you doing, man? How is everything going? Good? All right, you take care of yourself."

"Wow," King says. "So you sit, and you think, 'Oh, times have changed.' "

His words hang there. "Times. Have. Changed."

Rodney King tilts back his flask and takes another sip.

He is grinning.

Rodney King can't escape the past - latimes.com

changed? not for people like the racists here who have NO personal stake in what happened. But for those involved, they have changed and so has society, a little bit.

King was an alcoholic wife beater! Most of the time people would applaud a wife beater getting his ass kicked, but after a guy toss a punch a cop and then gets beaten by police officers on tape it's AKO to destroy your neighborhood.

Just like WATTS, the LA ghettos still haven't recovered. Many of those BLACK OWNED businesses never opened again!

King was an alcoholic wife beater! Most of the time people would applaud a wife beater getting his ass kicked, but after a guy toss a punch a cop and then gets beaten by police officers on tape it's AKO to destroy your neighborhood.

Just like WATTS, the LA ghettos still haven't recovered. Many of those BLACK OWNED businesses never opened again!

King did not riot. You did not read the link. I always disliked King, but when he speaks with media for articles like the one you ignored, he grows on me.

He has many flaws, probably as many as you do.
:eusa_angel:

King did not riot. You did not read the link. I always disliked King, but when he speaks with media for articles like the one you ignored, he grows on me.

No shit he didn't riot his arrested inspired the riot, but that is what happens when you drink and drive and get out of the car and toss punches at cops. I guarantee if Rodney King was WHITE was drinking and driving and got out of his car and tossed punches at the cops he would have been beaten in a similar fashion. Large wife beaters don't think people are going to fight back.

Should the cops have been disciplined? No doubt! But the BLACK community were SOLELY in wrong one in the LA Riot. They were the aggressors and they deserve universal condemnation by everyone regardless of race.

Again just like Watts the LA ghettos STILL haven't recovered and probably won't. These ASSHOLES think they were getting justice by destroying their communities, churches, SCHOOLS, civic centers, youth centers, businesses, HOMES, grocery stores (after the riots these areas has a shortage of food to which the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT who they said the hate some much had to step in and save them) and jobs of their neighbors and communities! It annoying and ignorant.

The liberal theme of the LA Riot is the one that seems to survive the test of time! Yet they will NEVER state how the Black Race Hustlers inspired the Chaos, DEMANDED IT, how the Black youth is out of control to respond in such a fashion, how the LIBERAL media is so dishonest they can't help but inflame racial divide instead of giving the both sides of the story (heck we see it today with the innocent Zimmerman be portrayed as the guilty before innocent)!

The LA Riot is a BLACK EYE for the African American community, but they won't step up and say they were in the wrong, they will say they were forced to by a injust society! What crap!

Last edited:
Its been a long time since there has been a riot. We've got the Zimmerman thing now though, so no doubt when he is found not guilty they will have an excuse to riot again.

Many black owned businesses thought putting a sign in the window saying "Black Owned" would save them. It didn't, mostly because many of the looters were mexican opportunists who didn't care who was black and who wasn't.

Mayor Tom Bradley was responsible for the riots in 1992. He got on television and gave this statement.

Two hours after the verdicts were announced April 29, Bradley went on television to blast the Simi Valley jury that, he said, "asked us to accept the senseless and brutal beating of a helpless man."

He added: "The jury's verdict will never outlive the images of the savage beating seared forever into our minds and souls. . . . I understand full well that we must give voice to our great frustration. I know we must express our profound outrage. But we must do so in ways that bring honor to ourselves and our communities."

The fires started immediately. The timeline was examined in a 20/20 report by Ted Koppel clearly showing Bradley's culpability. The written words of Tom Bradley cannot convey the anger in his voice or his barely suppressed rage of his body language. I remember seeing him make that statement live and at the same time thinking that "This is gonna mean some big time trouble."

Many black owned businesses thought putting a sign in the window saying "Black Owned" would save them. It didn't, mostly because many of the looters were mexican opportunists who didn't care who was black and who wasn't.

Mayor Tom Bradley was responsible for the riots in 1992. He got on television and gave this statement.

Two hours after the verdicts were announced April 29, Bradley went on television to blast the Simi Valley jury that, he said, "asked us to accept the senseless and brutal beating of a helpless man."

He added: "The jury's verdict will never outlive the images of the savage beating seared forever into our minds and souls. . . . I understand full well that we must give voice to our great frustration. I know we must express our profound outrage. But we must do so in ways that bring honor to ourselves and our communities."

The fires started immediately. The timeline was examined in a 20/20 report by Ted Koppel clearly showing Bradley's culpability. The written words of Tom Bradley cannot convey the anger in his voice or his barely suppressed rage of his body language. I remember seeing him make that statement live and at the same time thinking that "This is gonna mean some big time trouble."

I remember reading something about this at the ten year aniversary. It wasn't just opportunist Mexicans that ignored this, it was opportunist Blacks that ignored the signs black owned business. Interesting this is the vast vast majority of the business looted were black, Korea and Hispanic owned businesses. Black businesses in the Black community by Black rioters and Hispanic businesses in Hispanic Communities by Hispanics. Koreans by everyone. One of the silent victims were the Koreans. This brave immigrant group ventures into the Black and Hispanic communities to do business and that is why they were caught in the cross-hairs of everyone!

No shit he didn't riot his arrested inspired the riot, but that is what happens when you drink and drive and get out of the car and toss punches at cops. I guarantee if Rodney King was WHITE was drinking and driving and got out of his car and tossed punches at the cops he would have been beaten in a similar fashion. Large wife beaters don't think people are going to fight back.

King was wrong for what he did, the cops overdid their beating of him, but the community rioting like that just made them all look bad and animalistic

Should the cops have been disciplined? No doubt! But the BLACK community were SOLELY in wrong one in the LA Riot. They were the aggressors and they deserve universal condemnation by everyone regardless of race.
:clap2:

Again just like Watts the LA ghettos STILL haven't recovered and probably won't. These ASSHOLES think they were getting justice by destroying their communities, churches, SCHOOLS, civic centers, youth centers, businesses, HOMES, grocery stores (after the riots these areas has a shortage of food to which the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT who they said the hate some much had to step in and save them) and jobs of their neighbors and communities! It annoying and ignorant.
:clap2:

The liberal theme of the LA Riot is the one that seems to survive the test of time! Yet they will NEVER state how the Black Race Hustlers inspired the Chaos, DEMANDED IT, how the Black youth is out of control to respond in such a fashion, how the LIBERAL media is so dishonest they can't help but inflame racial divide instead of giving the both sides of the story (heck we see it today with the innocent Zimmerman be portrayed as the guilty before innocent)!

The LA Riot is a BLACK EYE for the African American community, but they won't step up and say they were in the wrong, they will say they were forced to by a injust society! What crap!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Then he tells this story:

"It was like three months ago. I was on a Metrolink, coming home from L.A." A young sheriff's deputy walked in. "He was just doing his job...."

As King recounts the incident, his eyes narrow, his right hand shakes.

"My mind is flashing back to the incident in '91," he says. "Because I see the uniform, so immediately I am thinking back to that beating."

It was a struggle, he says, to not dwell on "bad thoughts."

Bad thoughts?

"Kick some ass. Revenge. I mean, all kinds of things. Your mind will drift off so you gotta hold on for yourself. You find yourself in a bad way if you let your mind drift too long, you know."

As King retells it, the deputy turned toward him and said, "I thought that was you, Rodney! How you doing, man? How is everything going? Good? All right, you take care of yourself."

"Wow," King says. "So you sit, and you think, 'Oh, times have changed.' "

His words hang there. "Times. Have. Changed."

Rodney King tilts back his flask and takes another sip.

He is grinning.

Rodney King can't escape the past - latimes.com

changed? not for people like the racists here who have NO personal stake in what happened. But for those involved, they have changed and so has society, a little bit.

Are you stupid? We didnt cause that crap to happen. It was stoked by black leaders and black people destroyed their own city, but we blame republicans? Only liberals can ignore truth and fact like that.

Its been a long time since there has been a riot. We've got the Zimmerman thing now though, so no doubt when he is found not guilty they will have an excuse to riot again.

Of course they will riot again and Sharpton is going to keep the tension up until the verdict is in just to make sure if Zimmerman is found innocent Whitey gets their's. More innocent people, all races, will get caught in the crossfire and businesses in struggling neighborhoods will go up in flames just to make the future of said neighborhood suck even more when the businesses don't come back.

Last edited:

Lousy, fucking cop assholes.

The root cause was the police officers, not Tom Bradley. Had they not acted like animals in the fist instance, there never would have been a trial and an acquittal.

The riots would have happened regardless of anything Tom Bradley said - or if he had said nothing, for that matter.

Looks like he was swimmin' in pot...
:eusa_eh:
Pot plants removed from King's house
June 18, 2012 -- Police in Southern California said they removed marijuana plants Monday from the home of Rodney King, one day after he was found dead in his swimming pool.
Investigators also removed a pitchfork and a hoe at King's home in Rialto, Calif., the Los Angeles Times reported. Authorities said they had seen no "outward signs" that alcohol or drug use may have played a role in King, 47, falling into the pool, the newspaper said. Investigators were evaluating statements by a neighbor of King's who said she heard him crying in his back yard from about 3 a.m. until 5 a.m.

The 1992 acquittal of police officers who were shown in a video beating King in 1991, led to riots in Los Angeles and a top-to-bottom shakeup of the city's police department. King's fiancee, Cynthia Kelley, called 911 at 5:25 a.m. Sunday and told police she had found him at the bottom of the pool and had been unable to save him. A Rialto Police Department spokesman, officer David Shephard, said King's death was still being investigated as an accidental drowning, but he said police were "looking into every lead."

An autopsy was to be performed Monday but San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jodi Miller said the official cause of death was not expected to be made public for six to eight weeks, pending results of toxicology exams. Police said there was no sign of trauma on King's body and no indication of blood in the water or the pool deck, the Times reported.

Read more: Pot plants removed from King's house - UPI.com

Lousy, fucking cop assholes.

Stupid cops! When King tossed a punch they should have taken him down, but the beating was well excessive and they should have been discipliced. But destroying the city like they did was the biggest injustice in the entire storyline. Specifically targetting innocent white people for much vicious beatings was the bigger injustice that then beating of King. Specifically targetting Korean owned businesses was a bigger injustice than the beating of King. Looting and destroying black and hispanic owned businesses was a bigger injustice that the beating of King. The fact that 20 years later the LA ghettos STILL haven't recovered is a bigger injustice than the beating of King!

Sorry, but there was no justification or understanding for what the Black community did!!! NONE!!!

I was living in Redondo Beach when the riots happened. LAPD asked the beach cities for help and the police departments politely told the LAPD to fuck off. Los Angeles didn't pay their salaries. The whole South Bay put up a perimeter from El Segundo to Palos Verdes. No traffic was allowed in from 6pm to 6am. Even the freeway off ramps were closed off. We had a strictly enforced curfew. During the day, every car with a black person in it was stopped and searched. Gasoline found in gas cans was put into the gas tank and the car followed out of town.

My son lived in Long Beach. We didn't have continuous telephone service, Every time one of us got a free line, we'd call the other. He watched the flames from the DMV, then the strip mall across the street from him was torched. He called to tell me that the people in his apartment building took to the rooftop with guns and rifles. That made him feel safe enough to go to bed.

I saw that video of King getting his ass kicked a hundred or more times. The first couple of times I was horrified, then I wondered why he didn't just lay down when he was told to. Why was he continually fighting back?

As far as I can tell, justice was finally served when they found King at the bottom of his swimming pool.

Forum List

Back