20 Years for the Simpsons

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Who knew a cartoon would become a mainstay of pop culture?

What started out as a 30 second clip on "The Tracy Ullman Show" has turned into a billion dollar+ fun fest for it's creator, Matt Groening.

The Simpsons has won dozens of awards since it debuted as a series, including 25 Primetime Emmy Awards, 26 Annie Awards and a Peabody Award. Time magazine's December 31, 1999 issue named it the 20th century's best television series, and on January 14, 2000 the Simpson family was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest running American primetime entertainment series. Homer's exclamatory catchphrase "D'oh!" has been adopted into the English lexicon, while The Simpsons has influenced many adult-oriented animated sitcoms.

The Simpsons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the-simpsons.jpg

It's amazing what production can do with T.V. Stars who never age and never get bored with their role or bitch about their contracts.

:beer: Congratulations Simpsons!

They've had some great guest stars, but my all time favorite died before his time. He did some great characters, you may remember him as Troy McClure.
RIP Phil Hartman!

Phil Hartman appeared in more than 50 episodes of "The Simpsons," beginning in Season 2 with what was supposed to be a one-time appearance as Lionel Hutz. However, Hartman enjoyed the experience, the show's producers loved his work, and fans ate up the clueless attorney. Soon he was taking on other classic supporting roles, including washed-up actor Troy McClure and con man Lyle Lanley, who convinced Springfield to build a monorail in one of the show's most beloved episodes.

Slide Show Photos - Yahoo! TV

They've had some great guest stars, but my all time favorite died before his time. He did some great characters, you may remember him as Troy McClure.
RIP Phil Hartman!

Phil Hartman appeared in more than 50 episodes of "The Simpsons," beginning in Season 2 with what was supposed to be a one-time appearance as Lionel Hutz. However, Hartman enjoyed the experience, the show's producers loved his work, and fans ate up the clueless attorney. Soon he was taking on other classic supporting roles, including washed-up actor Troy McClure and con man Lyle Lanley, who convinced Springfield to build a monorail in one of the show's most beloved episodes.

Slide Show Photos - Yahoo! TV

he sleeps with da fishes.

i like the simpsons. they are real real americans.

I was a major Simpson's fan when the show started. My coworkers and I used to draw pictures of the characters on the white board in my office. We drew different versions of Bart: regular Bart, Indian Bart, Tawain Bart, Mexican Bart, etc. One time the director of operations dropped by my office to discuss a project. He saw the drawings on my board and asked me about it. Without hesitation, I said, "I'm not sure what that is. The cleaning people must've done that last night." (Yes, I lied. :eusa_shhh:)

Here's a picture of my white board, circa 1991. I can't believe I still have this picture.

$BartBoard.jpg

There are several shows like that.

Look at law & order, when it first came on it was great, cutting edge and real NY, now it just putters along, massivily lame.

It's obviously not as funny as before, but hey! it's still a Classic.

I still have flashbacks of when i was a kid and watching this show with my Siblings.. good times.

I like the Simpson's still, don't watch them as much.
I used to have Bart shirt that said Cowabunga with Bart surfing. :lol:

Forum List

Back