20 Years 2 families running the White House

shepherdboy

Jan 26, 2006
The occupied zone(CA.)
It makes me wonder sometimes just how free or true are elections and votes really carry. Has it dawned on anyone that we have had two families ruling The White House for the last 20 years? God forbid Hilary should win and rule another 4 or 8! Where are the true leaders of this nation at? I see self made kings and queens running for office to acquire more power, wealth and control over the people. No I am not one of those crack pot conspiracy nuts!:cuckoo: I just wonder sometimes the way this country is going down the road and losing its identity and maybe its soul.

What it shows is that no matter what you call your power system, it doesn't change much. Monarchies have more turnover than our so-called "democracy." Democracy is just monarchy with better public relations. Big deal. The fix is always in.

It makes me wonder sometimes just how free or true are elections and votes really carry. Has it dawned on anyone that we have had two families ruling The White House for the last 20 years? God forbid Hilary should win and rule another 4 or 8! Where are the true leaders of this nation at? I see self made kings and queens running for office to acquire more power, wealth and control over the people. No I am not one of those crack pot conspiracy nuts!:cuckoo: I just wonder sometimes the way this country is going down the road and losing its identity and maybe its soul.

It's about contacts, name recognition and the ability to raise funds ..... though your questions as to whether this country is losing its soul are good ones.

Yeah, this kinda bothers me.

There are 300 million people in the most dynamic country on the planet, and we can't be run by anyone other than someone named "Bush" or "Clinton?"

WTF?

I think capitalism is King and likes to pick and choose those candidates who are good for it. The Bushs' and Clinton's seem to be "known quantities". I wish they would buy off another family to make things intersting but they swing a heavy hammer. Pissing them off can be costly.

What gets me is people blindly planning to vote for Clinton. Granted her competition on the Democrat side really isnt fantastic. But come on. If i thought this nation was severely hurt by President Bush the last person I would be voting for is Hillary. Why would I want to continue dividing this nation rather than finding someone fresh who might be able to accomplish something different?

Not to mention that the only qualification Hillary has is she married Bill. If she hadnt done that she would never have even become a county treasurer.

What gets me is people blindly planning to vote for Clinton. Granted her competition on the Democrat side really isnt fantastic. But come on. If i thought this nation was severely hurt by President Bush the last person I would be voting for is Hillary. Why would I want to continue dividing this nation rather than finding someone fresh who might be able to accomplish something different?

Not to mention that the only qualification Hillary has is she married Bill. If she hadnt done that she would never have even become a county treasurer.

Well, for once, I agree with most of what you wrote. I don't plan on supporting Hillary and I am concerned about the White House being occupied by just two families for 20 years. I do think that the Democratic Party has some great candidates, and I hope that as the election gets closer, their traction will improve.

However, Hillary does have some qualifications. First, she is an attorney, which I consider a qualification in itself. Second, she is a Senator, which is pretty clearly a qualification. At the very least, her qualifications compare favorably to Rudy, who is an attorney who was Mayor of NYC. Seems comparable.

I think capitalism is King and likes to pick and choose those candidates who are good for it. The Bushs' and Clinton's seem to be "known quantities". I wish they would buy off another family to make things intersting but they swing a heavy hammer. Pissing them off can be costly.

So corporations are calling the shots? the Corps have picked the Bush's and Clinton's for us?

You conspiracy theorist! :shock:

If JFK Jr hadn't died, she wouldn't even have been Senator.

You mean she murdered him? )

Wow RGS. You work for Fox news, don't you? Admit it.

Come on dude...i merely pointed out the fact that he was highly touted for that seat, and well on his way to getting it.

Simply because he died, Hillary moved in and took advantage.

Where did I imply murder?

Why don't we just give up and speak the only language that the majority of people in this nation seem to be fluent in...

Reality TV Show

Just think of it...we can have a white male, a housewife, the child of an illegal immigrant, a successful gay black banker, a Jewish baker, a Muslim public school teacher, a mother of quads, a "goth," a bikini model from L.A., Hilary Clinton, Fred Thompson, Barak Obama, Rudy Giuliani, and the last three people voted off of Pirate Master, Big Brother 192, So You Think You Can Dance, and American Idol.

They can participate in athletic AND mental challenges, 'cause afterall, with obesity being such a huge issue we want a candidate who is athletic...BUT we can put in mental challenges like "World Leader Jeopardy" or hangman where the word is "___ S ___ A ___ M ___ B I N ___ A ___ D ___ E N" and the clue is "bad guy whose name sounds like "Osama Lin Baden"

Each week America can call into keep their favorite candidates and when there are two left...we'll hold the elections...people can vote by phone...cause apparently American Idol has done a pretty good job with security (better than Dibold at least)..and the winner is our new Commander In Chief.

Well, for once, I agree with most of what you wrote. I don't plan on supporting Hillary and I am concerned about the White House being occupied by just two families for 20 years. I do think that the Democratic Party has some great candidates, and I hope that as the election gets closer, their traction will improve.

However, Hillary does have some qualifications. First, she is an attorney, which I consider a qualification in itself. Second, she is a Senator, which is pretty clearly a qualification. At the very least, her qualifications compare favorably to Rudy, who is an attorney who was Mayor of NYC. Seems comparable.

Trust me. There is nothing about being an attorney that somehow makes you qualified to be President. Nor does winning a Senate election qualify someone for the Presidency. Especially one that hasnt done squate. She has demonstrated no leadership experience whatsoever. She hasnt done anything with the power given to her.

Hillary's only qualification is that her last name is Clinton. If it wasnt she wouldnt be a Senator let alone a serious Presidential candidate.

Trust me. There is nothing about being an attorney that somehow makes you qualified to be President. Nor does winning a Senate election qualify someone for the Presidency. Especially one that hasnt done squate. She has demonstrated no leadership experience whatsoever. She hasnt done anything with the power given to her.

Hillary's only qualification is that her last name is Clinton. If it wasnt she wouldnt be a Senator let alone a serious Presidential candidate.

I disagree. By becoming an attorney, you learn to view the law in a different way. You learn analytical skills. You attain a better understanding of the law in society. I think some (very basic) legal training should be required for all citizens at the secondary school level.

If the Senate isn't a qualification for the Presidency, what is? From all that I have read, she has been a hard-working Senator. You may not feel that she has demonstrated leadership experience, but others obviously disagree. The people of New York apparently are satisfied.

I don't even particularly like her, but I think your criticisms are unfounded.

Why don't we just give up and speak the only language that the majority of people in this nation seem to be fluent in...

Reality TV Show

Just think of it...we can have a white male, a housewife, the child of an illegal immigrant, a successful gay black banker, a Jewish baker, a Muslim public school teacher, a mother of quads, a "goth," a bikini model from L.A., Hilary Clinton, Fred Thompson, Barak Obama, Rudy Giuliani, and the last three people voted off of Pirate Master, Big Brother 192, So You Think You Can Dance, and American Idol.

They can participate in athletic AND mental challenges, 'cause afterall, with obesity being such a huge issue we want a candidate who is athletic...BUT we can put in mental challenges like "World Leader Jeopardy" or hangman where the word is "___ S ___ A ___ M ___ B I N ___ A ___ D ___ E N" and the clue is "bad guy whose name sounds like "Osama Lin Baden"

Each week America can call into keep their favorite candidates and when there are two left...we'll hold the elections...people can vote by phone...cause apparently American Idol has done a pretty good job with security (better than Dibold at least)..and the winner is our new Commander In Chief.

Great post!

I disagree. By becoming an attorney, you learn to view the law in a different way. You learn analytical skills. You attain a better understanding of the law in society. I think some (very basic) legal training should be required for all citizens at the secondary school level.

If the Senate isn't a qualification for the Presidency, what is? From all that I have read, she has been a hard-working Senator. You may not feel that she has demonstrated leadership experience, but others obviously disagree. The people of New York apparently are satisfied.

I don't even particularly like her, but I think your criticisms are unfounded.

All someone has to do to be Senator is look better than the other guy. The Senate does not develop any leadership skills. The staff does most of the work. Most of the time Senators are skipping votes and campaigning for reelection or higher office. And they dont get elected that often! So beating someone in a campaign somehow qualifies you as President? Bullcrap.

And trust me, I know alot of lawyers who are not qualified to be President.

All someone has to do to be Senator is look better than the other guy. The Senate does not develop any leadership skills. The staff does most of the work. Most of the time Senators are skipping votes and campaigning for reelection or higher office. And they dont get elected that often! So beating someone in a campaign somehow qualifies you as President? Bullcrap.

And trust me, I know alot of lawyers who are not qualified to be President.

All you ever have to do in any election is "look better than the other guy." That is kind of the nature of elections.

Staff does most of the work in any large enterprise.

I guess we disagree with the value of Senatorial experience.

I don't think that I suggested that all lawyers are qualified to be President of the United States, merely that I would find legal practice to be of a positive nature (one qualification, if you will) when considering the overall qualifications of a candidate.

Wow RGS. You work for Fox news, don't you? Admit it.

Come on dude...i merely pointed out the fact that he was highly touted for that seat, and well on his way to getting it.

Simply because he died, Hillary moved in and took advantage.

Where did I imply murder?

Hey, if thousands can believe Bush planned and executed the 9/11 attacks and has managed to keep it secret for 6 years and counting..... Then Hillary MUST have murdered JFK Jr. , makes perfect sense.

The only real question remaining is, did she use the same Nintendo controller that Cheney Used to pilot those air craft into the WTC? And if she DID, whats that say about HER knowledge of the 9/11 attacks?

Reality TV Show

The shallowness of television is about on par with the shallowness of our political system.

Forum List

Back