20 year old man shot dead in London...where guns are banned..

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....whoever the shooter was, which British gun control law stopped them from going to a mall, a church, a theater, or a school and shooting lots of people?

Man shot dead on London estate

t is the fourth episode of gun violence on the streets of London in the past week, and the second fatal shooting following the killing of Eniola Aluko, 19 – shot dead in Plumstead on 14 June.

Amazingly you still do not understand that the rarity of gun violence in other places only highlights how well their gun laws work. It also illustrates that having more guns makes a nation less safe as we have far more gun violence than other developed nations.

Please do continue.

So....whoever the shooter was, which British gun control law stopped them from going to a mall, a church, a theater, or a school and shooting lots of people?

t is the fourth episode of gun violence on the streets of London in the past week, and the second fatal shooting following the killing of Eniola Aluko, 19 – shot dead in Plumstead on 14 June.
2 year old shot in Shitsville US - where guns make you safe.
Child, 2, dead from accidental shooting in Greenville County

Amazingly you still do not understand that the rarity of gun violence in other places only highlights how well their gun laws work. It also illustrates that having more guns makes a nation less safe as we have far more gun violence than other developed nations.

Please do continue.

Again, you mistake the low level of gun violence due to cultural influences as gun control working.....as the British police stated to the press, they can't stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into Britain....that isn't gun control working.

As you fail to understand....in Britain, they had low gun murder rates before they banned guns, and after they banned guns that didn't change. Now, they are facing young males killing each other ....... they will soon be using guns instead of knives....

As you fail to understand....Americans own and carry more guns than in the 1990s...according to you the gun murder rate should have gone up, along with the gun crime rate....that did not happen....the gun murder rate went down 49%, the gun crime rate went down 75%.....which means your argument is wrong.....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

More children die in car accidents than gun accidents......we should ban cars.

Also, without more details, we don't know if the owner of the gun was a criminal or a law abiding gun owner. Most accidental gun deaths in this country are due to criminals leaving their illegal guns where they can get to them to protect themselves from other criminals......you will learn about this fairly soon....

Also, without more details, we don't know if the owner of the gun was a criminal or a law abiding gun owner. Most accidental gun deaths in this country are due to criminals leaving their illegal guns where they can get to them to protect themselves from other criminals......you will learn about this fairly soon....
You are such a fraud.

You are such a fraud.

Wow. Pot to kettle. You’re black?

You are such a fraud.

I live in a country with gun control and a murder rate a fifth of that in the US. Come back to me when your guns make you as safe.as me.

You are such a fraud.

The truth is going to reach you, no matter where you are in Britain.......the welfare state has destroyed your families, young males have no fathers to teach them to be men, your SJWs are attacking the police and sympathizing with the monsters....all the ingredients that we experienced coming out of the 1960s when our violent crime went through the roof....

You are such a fraud.

I live in a country with gun control and a murder rate a fifth of that in the US. Come back to me when your guns make you as safe.as me.

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives.

As more Americans own and carry guns since the 1990s, our gun crime rate went down 75%.....you theories on gun control can't explain that.

Our gun murder rate went down 49%....your gun control theories can't explain that.

In Science talk, when the evidence doesn't support the theory, the theory is crap.

Save me your nra bullet points. Come back to me when your guns make you as safe as me. And all of Western Europe. You are so full of shit.

You are such a fraud.

You live in a country the size of Alabama where people voted to exit the European Union and where the mayor of your most famous and important city is an Islamist and has a 32% approval rating. Your mini caliphate is amusing and you wish you could live in a great country like America.

Save me your nra bullet points. Come back to me when your guns make you as safe as me. And all of Western Europe. You are so full of shit.

A white woman is not safe walking down certain streets of London due to the Muslim issue and you dare criticize the US? This is comical. Maybe they should carry guns?

upload_2019-6-22_12-38-57.jpeg

upload_2019-6-22_12-39-14.jpeg

upload_2019-6-22_12-39-35.jpeg

images

images

You must not be able to read English...Pew is not spelled N.R.A. CDC is not spelled N.R.A..........they are the two most common places I quote for actual facts on gun self defense.....along with another three letter government agency, FBI...which also isn't spelled N.R.A.

You must not be able to read English...Pew is not spelled N.R.A. CDC is not spelled N.R.A..........they are the two most common places I quote for actual facts on gun self defense.....along with another three letter government agency, FBI...which also isn't spelled N.R.A.
Neither Pew nor the CDC, nor the FBI have ever said more guns in private hands are the answer to reducing crime rates; that's pure NRA BS.

Please do continue.
Not all guns are banned in the UK

Neither Pew nor the CDC, nor the FBI have ever said more guns in private hands are the answer to reducing crime rates; that's pure NRA BS.

You’re a real winner. I gave you visual proof and you responded with a smiley. Your family must be really proud of you....

Moron, they aren't supposed to advocate for or against gun ownership..... and Pew, not the NRA, points out the fact that since the 1990s, gun murder went down 49%....which you can't explain because during that time, more Americans went out, bought guns, and a lot of them now carry them for self defense.........without an increase in gun crime, gun murder or violent crime....

Which blows your theory all to hell......

This research does.....

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Bartley-Cohen-Economic-Inquiry-1998.pdf

The Effect of Concealed Weapons Laws: An Extreme Bound Analysis by William Alan Bartley and Mark A Cohen, published in Economic Inquiry, April 1998 (Copy available here)

.....we find strong support for the hypothesis that the right-to-carry laws are associated with a decrease in the trend in violent crime rates.....

Paper........CCW does not increase police deaths...

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mustard-JLE-Polic-Deaths-Gun-Control.pdf

This paper uses state-level data from 1984–96 to examine how right-to-carry laws and waiting periods affect the felonious deaths of police. Some people oppose concealed weapons carry laws because they believe these laws jeopardize law enforcement officials, who risk their lives to protect the citizenry. This paper strongly rejects this contention. States that allowed law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons had a slightly higher likelihood of having a felonious police death and slightly higher police death rates prior to the law. After enactment of the right-to-carry laws, states exhibit a reduced likelihood of having a felonious police death rate and slightly lower rates of police deaths. States that implement waiting periods have slightly lower felonious police death rates both before and after the law. Allowing law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons does not endanger the lives of officers and may help reduce their risk of being killed

========

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/tideman.pdf

Does the Right to Carry Concealed Handguns Deter Countable Crimes? Only a Count Analysis Can Say By FLORENZ PLASSMANN AND T. NICOLAUS TIDEMAN, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

However, for all three crime categories the levels in years 2 and 3 after adoption of a right-to-carry law are significantly below the levels in the years before the adoption of the law, which suggests that there is generally a deterrent effect and that it takes about 1 year for this effect to emerge.

=======

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/323313

Testing for the Effects of Concealed Weapons Laws: Specification Errors and Robustness*

Carlisle E. Moody
College of William and Mary
Overall, right‐to‐carry concealed weapons laws tend to reduce violent crime. The effect on property crime is more uncertain. I find evidence that these laws also reduce burglary.
====
http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Helland-Tabarrok-Placebo-Laws.pdf

Using Placebo Laws to Test “More Guns, Less Crime”∗ Eric Helland and Alexander Tabarrok

We also find, however, that the cross equation restrictions implied by the Lott-Mustard theory are supported.
-----
Surprisingly, therefore, we conclude that there is considerable support for the hypothesis that shall-issue laws cause criminals to substitute away from crimes against persons and towards crimes against property.
===========
http://johnrlott.tripod.com/Maltz.pdf

Right-to-Carry Concealed Weapon Laws and Homicide in Large U.S. Counties: The Effect on Weapon Types, Victim Characteristics, and Victim-Offender Relationships By DAVID E. OLSON AND MICHAEL D. MALTZ, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Our results indicated that the direction of effect of the shall-issue law on total SHR homicide rates was similar to that obtained by Lott and Mustard, although the magnitude of the effect was somewhat smaller and was statistically significant at the 7 percent level. In our analysis, which included only counties with a 1977 population of 100,000 or more, laws allowing for concealed weapons were associated with a 6.52 percent reduction in total homicides (Table 2). By comparison, Lott and Mustard found the concealed weapon dummy variable to be associated with a 7.65 percent reduction in total homicides across all counties and a 9 percent reduction in homicides when only large counties (populations of 100,000 or more) were included.43

===============

This one shows the benefits, in the billions of CCW laws...

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/Plassmann_Whitley.pdf

COMMENTS Confirming ìMore Guns, Less Crimeî Florenz Plassmann* & John Whitley**

CONCLUSION Analyzing county-level data for the entire United States from 1977 to 2000, we find annual reductions in murder rates between 1.5% and 2.3% for each additional year that a right-to-carry law is in effect. For the first five years that such a law is in effect, the total benefit from reduced crimes usually ranges between about $2 and $3 billion per year. The results are very similar to earlier estimates using county-level data from 1977 to 1996. We appreciate the continuing effort that Ayres and Donohue have made in discussing the impact of right-to-carry laws on crime rates. Yet we believe that both the new evidence provided by them as well as our new results show consistently that right-to-carry laws reduce crime and save lives. Unfortunately, a few simple mistakes lead Ayres and Donohue to incorrectly claim that crime rates significantly increase after right-to-carry laws are initially adopted and to misinterpret the significance of their own estimates that examined the year-to-year impact of the law.

=============

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content...An-Exercise-in-Replication.proof_.revised.pdf

~ The Impact of Right-to-Carry Laws on Crime: An Exercise in Replication1

Carlisle E. Moody College of William and Mary - Department of Economics, Virginia 23187, U.S.A. E-mail: [email protected] Thomas B. Marvell Justec Research, Virginia 23185, U.S.A. Paul R. Zimmerman U.S. Federal Trade Commission - Bureau of Economics, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Fasil Alemante College of William and Mary, Virginia 23187, U.S.A.

Abstract: In an article published in 2011, Aneja, Donohue and Zhang found that shall-issue or right-to-carry (RTC) concealed weapons laws have no effect on any crime except for a positive effect on assault. This paper reports a replication of their basic findings and some corresponding robustness checks, which reveal a serious omitted variable problem. Once corrected for omitted variables, the most robust result, confirmed using both county and state data, is that RTC laws significantly reduce murder. There is no robust, consistent evidence that RTC laws have any significant effect on other violent crimes, including assault. There is some weak evidence that RTC laws increase robbery and assault while decreasing rape. Given that the victim costs of murder and rape are much higher than the costs of robbery and assault, the evidence shows that RTC laws are socially beneficial.

=======

States with lower guns = higher murder....and assault weapon ban pointless..

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13504851.2013.854294

An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates
Mark Gius

Abstract
The purpose of the present study is to determine the effects of state-level assault weapons bans and concealed weapons laws on state-level murder rates. Using data for the period 1980 to 2009 and controlling for state and year fixed effects, the results of the present study suggest that states with restrictions on the carrying of concealed weapons had higher gun-related murder rates than other states. It was also found that assault weapons bans did not significantly affect murder rates at the state level. These results suggest that restrictive concealed weapons laws may cause an increase in gun-related murders at the state level. The results of this study are consistent with some prior research in this area, most notably Lott and Mustard (1997).

Taking apart ayre and donahue one....

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, volume 5, number 3, September 2008 It is also available here..

Abstract
“Shall-issue” laws require authorities to issue concealed-weapons permits to anyone who applies, unless the applicant has a criminal record or a history of mental illness. A large number of studies indicate that shall-issue laws reduce crime. Only one study, an influential paper in the Stanford Law Review (2003) by Ian Ayres and John J. Donohue iii, implies that these laws lead to an increase in crime. We apply an improved version of the Ayres and Donohue method to a more extensive data set. Our analysis, as well as Ayres and Donohue’s when projected beyond a five-year span, indicates that shall-issue laws decrease crime and the costs of crime. Purists in statistical analysis object with some cause to some of methods employed both by Ayres and Donohue and by us. But our paper upgrades Ayres and Donohue, so, until the next study comes along, our paper should neutralize Ayres and Donohue’s “more guns, more crime” conclusion.

Summary and Conclusion Many articles have been published finding that shall-issue laws reduce crime. Only one article, by Ayres and Donohue who employ a model that combines a dummy variable with a post-law trend, claims to find that shall-issue laws increase crime. However, the only way that they can produce the result that shall-issue laws increase crime is to confine the span of analysis to five years. We show, using their own estimates, that if they had extended their analysis by one more year, they would have concluded that these laws reduce crime.

Since most states with shallissue laws have had these laws on the books for more than five years, and the law will presumably remain on the books for some time, the only relevant analysis extends beyond five years. We extend their analysis by adding three more years of data, control for the effects of crack cocaine, control for dynamic effects, and correct the standard errors for clustering. We find that there is an initial increase in crime due to passage of the shall-issue law that is dwarfed over time by the decrease in crime associated with the post-law trend.

These results are very similar to those of Ayres and Donohue, properly interpreted. The modified Ayres and Donohue model finds that shall-issue laws significantly reduce murder and burglary across all the adopting states.

These laws appear to significantly increase assault, and have no net effect on rape, robbery, larceny, or auto theft. However, in the long run only the trend coefficients matter.

We estimate a net benefit of $450 million per year as a result of the passage of these laws. We also estimate that, up through 2000, there was a cumulative overall net benefit of these laws of $28 billion since their passage. We think that there is credible statistical evidence that these laws lower the costs of crime. But at the very least, the present study should neutralize any “more guns, more crime” thinking based on Ayres and Donohue’s work in the Stanford Law Review. We acknowledge that, especially in light of the methodological issues of the literature in general, the magnitudes derived from our analysis of crime statistics and the supposed costs of crime might be dwarfed by other considerations in judging the policy issue. Some might contend that allowing individuals to carry a concealed weapon is a moral or cultural bad. Others might contend that greater liberty is a moral or cultural good. All we are confident in saying is that the evidence, such as it is, seems to support the hypothesis that the shall-issue law is generally beneficial with respect to its overall long run effect on crime.

https://econjwatch.or

Most gun crime is committed by people who illegally possess guns.

There is no evidence that the people who own and acquire guns legally contribute to gun crimes

Forum List

Back